Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

When you guys switch to the turnbuckle support brace, are you finding it stiffening or softening the car?
Old 11-23-2016, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RookieRacer00
I'm going to give the 31 mm rear shocks a try on my B6d. Has anyone compared the Schelle and associated shock towers? I know the associated tower is slightly taller and was wondering if there was any noticeable difference?
Quality and durability the two seem to be the same to me.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roysays
The Schelle tower is a little beefier with a little extra material at the critical points and it's lower height so the B6 doesn't feel too tippy. Try the front towers as well with the front wing mounts. They have extra material and the wing mount is so convenient.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by roysays
I was more curious about any handling differences?
Old 11-23-2016, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'm going to give the 31 mm rear shocks a try on my B6d. Has anyone compared the Schelle and associated shock towers? I know the associated tower is slightly taller and was wondering if there was any noticeable difference?
I was playing with my b6d rear shocks for 1st- 3 laps i got 16 laps was running with stock shocks 1.7 piston long eyelet yokomo green spring then when i started c-main i replaced shocks from rb6 kyosho i took spring yokomo green spring and i installed in Kyosho shocks got 18 laps compare from 16 laps. Now never go back to stock shocks I'll keep Kyosho shocks now in the rear. Next test i will change front with kyosho rb6 shocks.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

I was more curious about any handling differences?
I have the Schelle rear tower with the 31mm shocks on my B6 and my son has the stock AE rear tower and shocks on his B6 and we havnt really noticed a big difference in the handling between the two but we are racing inside on smooth astroturf, I would say mine is a little more responsive overall with the longer shocks.
The Schelle towers might have a little less material milled out of the center but I have cracked a front Schelle tower too, only a front. the weak spot is the narrow ears where the shock bolts up so the extra material in the center doesn't help much IMO.
Before anyone gets all fired up about me saying I have broke a couple towers, I'm not bashing on the B6 cause I love it, I'm just stating that the tower is a little weak in that area. I'm not the best driver and my son is young and learning to drive. Other than the tower we havnt had any problems

Last edited by roysays; 11-23-2016 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Forgot info
Old 11-23-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone get there hands on the schelle x brace that removes the waterfall? I ordered one but thanks to usps they are 6 days late shipping my package.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpc07
Anyone get there hands on the schelle x brace that removes the waterfall? I ordered one but thanks to usps they are 6 days late shipping my package.
I ran one of the pre production versions and it made the car feel just like the description that Kurt posted on the Schelle site. I really liked it. I ran it both at a medium bite/blue groove outdoor track and indoors at OCRC.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:08 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

hmm, wonder if rawspeed could do something like the schelle with there design, maybe move the "mounting plate" part that would join to the turnbucke to another location since they don't have center holes.

http://rawspeedrc.com/b6d-carbon-fiber-battery-strap/
Old 11-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I ran one of the pre production versions and it made the car feel just like the description that Kurt posted on the Schelle site. I really liked it. I ran it both at a medium bite/blue groove outdoor track and indoors at OCRC.
Awesome. Thanks for the help hoping to try mine Friday.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Anyone know is this can accommodate the factory brace?
Old 11-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I want to start running my b6 on dirt tracks... What parts should I change or retain? Will be running at hot rod hobbies raceway.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Phillip F
I want to start running my b6 on dirt tracks... What parts should I change or retain? Will be running at hot rod hobbies raceway.
Unless it's super high bite clay would start with a ball diff and the longer rear shock bodies and taller tower. That's all I did to my b6 for dirt and it's great.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rpc07
Shoot us an email [email protected] if you have an issue with a lost package or if we had an order delay.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
A 3 gear standup. Ask Jake....he just won Reedy outdoor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.