Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So they basically converted his B6 into a B6D, minus the laydown trans. I wonder why they didn't just give him a B6D. Seems like it would be better marketing to say "He ran the B6 on carpet and the B6D w/laydown on clay." Also would be less confusing to people wondering why he's running the B6 on clay when AE keeps saying the B6D is the better clay car.
PerryCodes likes this.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead82
So they basically converted his B6 into a B6D, minus the laydown trans. I wonder why they didn't just give him a B6D. Seems like it would be better marketing to say "He ran the B6 on carpet and the B6D w/laydown on clay." Also would be less confusing to people wondering why he's running the B6 on clay when AE keeps saying the B6D is the better clay car.
So Tacoma R/C Raceway is my home track, the traction level there is a lot higher then a lot of indoor tracks, and the team at AE knows this so they came prepared with Spencer's B6D having the Laydown in it. Brent will be starting out with his B6D w/ the standard 3 gear transmission but sound like he plans on switching to the Laydown. Running both types of transmission cases for testing purposes since this is the first time they are going to be at a race on clay with the B6.

Also I am guessing so they can come out with set up sheets for both configurations before we all get our cars so we have great starting points.

Hope this helps
Old 05-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I believe it is showing the ease of converting it and it highlights the tuning ability. Also I am sure there is limited kits that were made available. I like the platform.. in the NW if you live in Portland you pretty much run on carpet in the winter and if you want to run at Dave's outside in the summer you don't need 2 kits.. Same for WA... dirt car for TRCR and if you want to hit the turf at Die hard... convert it. If you ONLY run on carpet/turf... you buy the 6... if you ONLY run on dirt.. get the D. I am pretty sure the laydown will be the new norm.. just like the Mid motor cars took over. Lower the CG the better..
Old 05-12-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

I think people are getting waaaay too hung up on if a car is a "B6" or a B6D". We're going to end up calling it, generically, the B6 and explain the transmission/front arm-tower/diff setup we're using. People, it's the same car that can just be configured in different ways depending on your needs. No need to complicate that. They offer it in two different kits to give you a starting point at either end of the spectrum. Buy whichever one is closest to your needs and build it with whatever parts you deem necessary. It's not rocket surgery.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

For one, I doubt rivkin has a production retail kit. So saying b6 vs b6d would be incorrect. I am sure he just got a pile of parts. Also, the b6 and b6d are not different car, just different configuration they plan to bundle and sell in a retail package. If you are NOT on carpet/astro, you will most likely want the B6D and add the configuration with the laydown as needed on high grip clay.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by boucher
I think people are getting waaaay too hung up on if a car is a "B6" or a B6D". We're going to end up calling it, generically, the B6 and explain the transmission/front arm-tower/diff setup we're using. People, it's the same car that can just be configured in different ways depending on your needs. No need to complicate that. They offer it in two different kits to give you a starting point at either end of the spectrum. Buy whichever one is closest to your needs and build it with whatever parts you deem necessary. It's not rocket surgery.

This will be the reality of the thread when people are asking for tips/advice.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boucher
It's not rocket surgery.
I love this line Except that everyone always looks at me like I'm a ra-tard that mixed up my saying.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

We just need Amain to give us drop down menus for our options:

B6 menu:
3 gear or laydown
gull wing or flat from arms

have your money ready at 2nd window please
Old 05-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mason
This will be the reality of the thread when people are asking for tips/advice.
We need it on the front page. You are right, one thousand questions...what car should I get, what configuration, someimtes it is dusty, sometimes it is hard packed. @#$#$ get them both and drive the @#$ out of them . LOL.

you could ask the same question of every car, B5m, flat arms, vs gull wing, 3 gear vs 4 gear, nobody knows until we try it and then we say....I think I like it better, it feels better , I just spend 30 bucks on three gears instead of 4 so it's better!
Old 05-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Next fun thing will be the posting of the..........instructional manual.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Next fun thing will be the posting of the..........instructional manual.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
We need it on the front page. You are right, one thousand questions...what car should I get, what configuration, someimtes it is dusty, sometimes it is hard packed. @#$#$ get them both and drive the @#$ out of them . LOL.

you could ask the same question of every car, B5m, flat arms, vs gull wing, 3 gear vs 4 gear, nobody knows until we try it and then we say....I think I like it better, it feels better , I just spend 30 bucks on three gears instead of 4 so it's better!
I'll put up all the most frequently asked questions as they come about
Old 05-12-2016, 05:21 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

On top of it all, "feel" doesn't always equate to faster laps. Most of us of the northerly exposure don't race on nicely groomed tracks over the summer months. Outdoors, my mid motor can be made to "feel" as good as if not better than my rear motor while indoors it isn't even close....mid motor blows the rear motor away.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm going to rock my b5m ce which is still a winner on dirt and clay.
I think once people get these cars ur going to see people complaining on traction bc they r trying to make a carpet car race great on dirt. This isn't Europe
Old 05-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Turtlex; 05-13-2016 at 04:30 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.