Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lunchie
For those using jconcepts pindowns. On carpet.are you using the jconcepts insert that comes with them or something like an aka red insert? The aka insert is widely used at our track on the shumacher minipins
I use the stock open cell foams. I feel that the closed cell are harder and dont allow the carcass of the tire to flex as much thereby putting more stress on the pins which will wear faster.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 4 gear stand up

Just built the 4 gear stand up. Does it matter what side the ball diff hex bolt head faces?
In the manual for the standard 3 gear it mentions to have the ball diff hex bolt head same side as spur gear. In the sc5m manual which has the 4 gear it mentions the opposite. Ie ball hex bolt head opposite side to spur gear.

Thanks
Mark
Old 10-26-2016, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone have the part numbers and/or information on using a turnbuckle, rod ends and insert in lieu of the waterfall brace?

Thank you in advance!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just bought this kit (B6D), is any pinion included with the kit or do I have to buy it???
Old 10-26-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eortizr
I just bought this kit (B6D), is any pinion included with the kit or do I have to buy it???
No pinion included, you have to buy one
Old 10-26-2016, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crowie03@gmail.
Just built the 4 gear stand up. Does it matter what side the ball diff hex bolt head faces?
In the manual for the standard 3 gear it mentions to have the ball diff hex bolt head same side as spur gear. In the sc5m manual which has the 4 gear it mentions the opposite. Ie ball hex bolt head opposite side to spur gear.

Thanks
Mark
THis was answered over about 5 pages of internet engineers...

I ALWAYS put the head on the side that has the slipper nut so I remember which side it's on...

Originally Posted by Just2much19
Does anyone have the part numbers and/or information on using a turnbuckle, rod ends and insert in lieu of the waterfall brace?

Thank you in advance!
Find pics and FAB it!

No pinion or wheels /tires..
Old 10-26-2016, 07:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crowie03@gmail.

Thanks
Mark
Check the FAQ
Old 10-26-2016, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the responses everyone. I guess our area is a little different and go through a bit more of those items. I have a feeling its more track challenge related than anything.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Find pics and FAB it!
Obviously I've tried that with some of the extra parts I have but apparently I don't have the right rod ends and inserts laying around.

I figured since many others did it that they could assist.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

My current track is dirt hard packed high bite, medium traction, should I just build the car with the lay-down transmission from the get go? is it that better?
Old 10-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

My current track is dirt hard packed high bite, medium traction, should I just build the car with the lay-down transmission from the get go? is it that better?
What are others using? Base it off that...start where you will feel most comfortable. Nobody here can tell you how to build it.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you don't have the lay down yet.. build it as is... order the lay down and switch it out and see which one works better for you. Worse case you're out $25 but you'll know for sure that you chose the best setup for how you drive.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I started with the 3 gear stand up and then as I became more comfortable, I switched out to the lay-down then eventually tried the shocks in front. I have a complete stand-up and lay-down that I can swap back and forth if needed.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I started with the 3 gear stand up and then as I became more comfortable, I switched out to the lay-down then eventually tried the shocks in front. I have a complete stand-up and lay-down that I can swap back and forth if needed.
which one you like better, is the difference in handling very noticeable?
thanks
Old 10-26-2016, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

which one you like better, is the difference in handling very noticeable?
thanks
Honestly it depends on traction level. low-med...standup & medium to high...lay-down. To judge on purely how both transmissions handle...lay-down all day long. You can carry more corner speed, jumps flatter and just transitions side to side much better. I run the lay-down with the 24g weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.