Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated B6 & B6D thread >

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Old 08-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone had issues with the rear shock shafts bending? I found a 2nd bent one last night. I haven't really even had any bad crashes that I remember. My B5M I had a ton and never bent a shaft.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

to confirm, the longer shocks in the back is 31mm right? what about springs? can i use stock springs on the longer body? thanks again
Old 08-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M2126
to confirm, the longer shocks in the back is 31mm right? what about springs? can i use stock springs on the longer body? thanks again
yes, 31 mm bodies but they use the 27.5 shafts. Springs work for either bodies.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What is the benefit of running the longer shock bodies and tower?
Old 08-26-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xyzracer
What is the benefit of running the longer shock bodies and tower?
More oil. Lands better on bigger jumps, handles better on rough tracks. You could definitely feel the difference between the two setups.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

New MIP topshaft for the 17.5t crowd.

http://www.redrc.net/2016/08/mip-b6-...race-topshaft/
Old 08-27-2016, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Just want to give props to AE customer support.

Using my herculean strength tightening down the rear hex cap screw, I snapped it. I called support late Thursday afternoon and received email Friday morning that the replacement part was in the mail.

NICE!
Old 08-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by M2126
Planning to get a b6d. This is my first 10th scale 2wd buggy.

What are some basic must have upgrades to start? I'm planning to run stock class at ocrc. Anyone know how much weight savings the titanium screw set and the turnbuckles give?
Track time, especially if you haven't come from something of similar challenge say a pan car on ice, or a 10th GT on hard pack slick
Old 08-27-2016, 08:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Was searching through Shapeways, found some cool stuff:

Lower front wing mount
rear body mount support
Schelle/Avid Slipper eliminator
Exotek-style slipper eliminator
Rear wing mount
B6 Ball cup tool (works with drill)
Ball cup holder
freezeframe007 likes this.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcD
Just want to give props to AE customer support.

Using my herculean strength tightening down the rear hex cap screw, I snapped it. I called support late Thursday afternoon and received email Friday morning that the replacement part was in the mail.

NICE!
Sean I did the same thing on my b5m lite. I simply used a drop of ca on the hex. Never came off, but could just use a flathead to gently pry off the hex when needed
Old 08-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Put my B6 kit together last night.

Very nice build and impressed with the quality. Can't wait to run this on our very high grip track!

Wish MIP had the gear diff/MIP puck system out already.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Okay gents,
I have a B6 and the local carpet track has decided to take a break from racing until sometime in October. So, I've decided to take my carpet car to the indoor dirt track. I'll say it's med- high grip. Tires of choice are Electrons or Bar Codes/Dirt Webs. CAn't remember which.
My question: Is the B6D kit set up fairly close out of the box? I was thinking mimicking the oil weights, pistons, and springs and giving it a rip. I've thought about switching to the flat front arms and towers but not sure I'll do it right away.
Question 2: Does any one make a legit gear cover for the laydown transmission? I saw something in the wiki but it didn't look like what I want.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

B6D + Laydown + 72T spur + Trackstar 17.5 motor (V2)

Any thoughts on which pinion gear to run?

I'll be running it at SCVRC and Hot Rod Hobbies mostly. Possibly OCRC once a month.

Kyle Layton went with 72 + 33 to win ROAR nats, wondering why and where did he get that red pinion gear? The setup is on petiterc, but I can't post here (I'm new).
Old 08-27-2016, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BruceR.
Okay gents,
I have a B6 and the local carpet track has decided to take a break from racing until sometime in October. So, I've decided to take my carpet car to the indoor dirt track. I'll say it's med- high grip. Tires of choice are Electrons or Bar Codes/Dirt Webs. CAn't remember which.
My question: Is the B6D kit set up fairly close out of the box? I was thinking mimicking the oil weights, pistons, and springs and giving it a rip. I've thought about switching to the flat front arms and towers but not sure I'll do it right away.
Question 2: Does any one make a legit gear cover for the laydown transmission? I saw something in the wiki but it didn't look like what I want.
My b6 was very good at thunder. I placed 6th in the Amain at the sizzler race. You will need a ball diff. Remove the waterfall to push the battery back as far as possible, 25gram brass weight and white front springs and green rear should be a good baseline setup.
In my frustration about Matt being passive aggressive on not racing, I ordered a b6d and will be racing at thunder a lot more.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by microjam
B6D + Laydown + 72T spur + Trackstar 17.5 motor (V2)

Any thoughts on which pinion gear to run?

I'll be running it at SCVRC and Hot Rod Hobbies mostly. Possibly OCRC once a month.

Kyle Layton went with 72 + 33 to win ROAR nats, wondering why and where did he get that red pinion gear? The setup is on petiterc, but I can't post here (I'm new).
Start with a 32t pinion, manual recommends 31/69 but gives you a 72t spur. 32/72 is really close to the same ratio as 31/69. Kyle was using a slot car pinion made by Parma.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.