R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

















1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.



I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub View Post
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Like Tree287Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2016, 08:04 PM   #1951
TAW
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
Did you bleed the shocks for zero rebound? Also is the +3 hub instert down? I have no problems getting to 16mm on my b6. If you can't figure it out I'll be more then glad to give it a good look over at the next race.
Where have you been man?

Yeah I have zero rebound on the shocks. The rear hub insert did confuse me a bit but I have it so the hinge pin hole is closest to the bottom of the hub making it sit higher. Should it be there other way?
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #1952
Tech Master
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,377
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAW View Post
Where have you been man?

Yeah I have zero rebound on the shocks. The rear hub insert did confuse me a bit but I have it so the hinge pin hole is closest to the bottom of the hub making it sit higher. Should it be there other way?
I had my second son born on July 1st and was on call for work yesterday so I couldn't race. I'll be racing the thunder sizzler this weekend though.
Maybe the car is too light? I added the brass lipo weights. You have the hubs set up correctly also.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #1953
TAW
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TAW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby723 View Post
I had my second son born on July 1st and was on call for work yesterday so I couldn't race. I'll be racing the thunder sizzler this weekend though.
Maybe the car is too light? I added the brass lipo weights. You have the hubs set up correctly also.
Congrats!

We will be at Thunder this weekend too.

We will keep working on the B6, I will say that its much more "reactive" than his 5 car was and that may be part of the issue. Might need a bit of a driver adjustment more than anything.
TAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:28 PM   #1954
Tech Master
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,377
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAW View Post
Congrats!

We will be at Thunder this weekend too.

We will keep working on the B6, I will say that its much more "reactive" than his 5 car was and that may be part of the issue. Might need a bit of a driver adjustment more than anything.
Thanks! I'll see you there! It's a task switching out the carpet setup for a dirt setup, I may just have to get a D car also lol.
suby723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #1955
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,912
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAW View Post
I have the 0 offset cups in the rear and the 5 in the front, I'm not sure the 0 will work in the front without binding against the arm.
a bunch of guys are using the yokomo springs on carpet. maybe they are shorter?
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #1956
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 255
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

nevermind...
Jade67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:07 PM   #1957
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
a bunch of guys are using the yokomo springs on carpet. maybe they are shorter?
Most are using Kyosho.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #1958
Tech Master
 
Phillip F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 1,180
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

whats the part number for this Yokomo green springs?
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:15 PM   #1959
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
whats the part number for this Yokomo green springs?
YOKYS-A1200 for the rear

YOKYS-A775 for the front.

The importer is Amain.

I personally love the Yokomo (non yatabe) springs for outdoor. However, for carpet I've been directed away from the Yatabe and told to run the kyosho. For high bite clay, I was stoked on the greens on a lighter car (1475 grams).

I don't have experience with either on carpet, until this weekend.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:21 PM   #1960
Tech Master
 
Phillip F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 1,180
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

check this out...don't know if this is a reliable source.

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggySpringChart.pdf
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:23 PM   #1961
Tech Master
 
Phillip F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 1,180
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
YOKYS-A1200 for the rear

YOKYS-A775 for the front.

The importer is Amain.

I personally love the Yokomo (non yatabe) springs for outdoor. However, for carpet I've been directed away from the Yatabe and told to run the kyosho. For high bite clay, I was stoked on the greens on a lighter car (1475 grams).

I don't have experience with either on carpet, until this weekend.
thanks Socket.... in that case...what's the part number for the Kyosho's? I run indoor on a medium/high bite clay.
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #1962
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip F View Post
thanks Socket.... in that case...what's the part number for the Kyosho's? I run indoor on a medium/high bite clay.
Sure.

I've been told two spring setups with the Kyoshos.

Note: I have not personally ran Kyosho springs on the B6/B6D...yet. That will change this week. Before this week, I've stuck to Yokomo and been happy.

XGS012 are white rears
XGS002 are white fronts

I'd run these on indoor clay, and I've been told are stellar on carpet for a lighter car.

For carpet, I'm going gold rears (XGS013) and red fronts (XGS004).

If I'm not stoked on how the car works, I'll be going right back to yokomo springs.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:20 AM   #1963
Tech Master
 
Phillip F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 1,180
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Sure.

I've been told two spring setups with the Kyoshos.

Note: I have not personally ran Kyosho springs on the B6/B6D...yet. That will change this week. Before this week, I've stuck to Yokomo and been happy.

XGS012 are white rears
XGS002 are white fronts

I'd run these on indoor clay, and I've been told are stellar on carpet for a lighter car.

For carpet, I'm going gold rears (XGS013) and red fronts (XGS004).

If I'm not stoked on how the car works, I'll be going right back to yokomo springs.
thanks ... wow $20 for a pair of springs (that's like a pair of Proline Prime tires w/ inserts already)... thank god I bought a B6
Phillip F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:31 AM   #1964
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

The kyo springs can be found at the $15 a pair on ebay by rchobbies4life.

But yes, they aren't cheap.
__________________
Best Avatar on rc-tech
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:51 AM   #1965
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Valley Cottage NY
Posts: 1,799
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
The kyo springs can be found at the $15 a pair on ebay by rchobbies4life.

But yes, they aren't cheap.
Also when the yen was down compared to the $$ I got them from Futaba shop Japan, it was like $8 for a pair
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors:
My Credit Card
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:35 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net