R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree9Likes

Old 12-30-2016, 08:52 AM   #241
Tech Rookie

Anyone having issues losing drive? Not sure if I am overfilling my centre diff or something, but after a 3s run the sound off the drivetrain changes (to a higher pitch) and losing power. Any ideas?

edit: actually looks like front diff outdrive threw a grub pin. I guess that explains that!

Last edited by RCUK; 12-30-2016 at 11:10 AM.
RCUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:17 AM   #242
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by novajustin View Post
ProLine, are you listening?!?! SHOCKS PLEASE! Some King or Fox replicas would look pretty cool on these trucks.

@fyrstormer, how much preload are you running on your shocks front and rear? i've got the rear on mine pretty much backed all the way off, only in about 3 turns. the front i'm at 4.5 turns but it still seems to sit pretty low.
They may not look as cool as Kings, but Power Stroke XT's on the rear with Pro Spec's ( rear set ) on the front work great.
rcbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #243
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbasser View Post
They may not look as cool as Kings, but Power Stroke XT's on the rear with Pro Spec's ( rear set ) on the front work great.
do you have these on your truck now? i'd run them if they work. one set looks like kings and one set looks like fox so best of both worlds
novajustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:00 PM   #244
Tech Rookie

Quote:
do you have these on your truck now? i'd run them if they work. one set looks like kings and one set looks like fox so best of both worlds
Im still waiting for my alum bell cranks, so I have not reassembled my truck. I have the Power stroke XT's on the rear with a set of "unsprung" 130 mm Icons as auxiliary dampeners. I have not installed the Pro Specs up front due waiting for my new bell cranks. They fit and look great, but I have not driven it with the new shocks. I have both Power strokes and Pro Specs on a couple other trucks, they are my favourite shocks for any application that they fit.
rcbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:56 PM   #245
Tech Elite

Yeah, I'm waiting for my aluminum bellcranks too. It's the last upgrade part from my order.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:29 AM   #246
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbasser View Post
While I'm not ready to change shocks yet. Are these the one for the Yeti? Now running 3s I'm noticing it handle landings different.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:30 AM   #247
Tech Elite

3s jump practice from yesterday. Ramp is still set for the Outcast. I was starting to get better.

https://youtu.be/hLFVuFeIpRk
Old 01-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #248
Tech Rookie

Default Need some trick shocks

What shocks are a good upgrade from stock? My lower spring retainers on the stock shocks are starting to warp and slip down the rod end. I really want to get a set of Kings but i noticed the lower rod ends look to short to work with the Rey..
Fordboi415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:22 PM   #249
Tech Elite

Gave it a full 3s run

https://youtu.be/5OWfV4JLFkI

https://youtu.be/AKA7k6XoUw4
Old 01-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #250
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordboi415 View Post
What shocks are a good upgrade from stock? My lower spring retainers on the stock shocks are starting to warp and slip down the rod end. I really want to get a set of Kings but i noticed the lower rod ends look to short to work with the Rey..
i just ordered some proline powerstroke xt shocks for the rear and some powerspec rear model shocks for the front courtesy of rcbasser's advice. should be arriving by the end of the week.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:26 PM   #251
Tech Rookie

Quote:
i just ordered some proline powerstroke xt shocks for the rear and some powerspec rear model shocks for the front courtesy of rcbasser's advice. should be arriving by the end of the week.
I ended up doing the same but went with Powerstrokes on the front as well..
Old 01-04-2017, 07:35 PM   #252
Tech Rookie

So my powerstrokes showed up today and im very impressed.. I was able to run a pack through the truck with the new shocks on my track just before dark and I really like the way they make the truck handle. Doesnt seem to nose dive as much anymore and seems to take big hits quite a bit better, especially with the 50wt shock oil in all 4 .. Just a heads up incase anyone was wondering you will need the universal mounting kit because the Powerstrokes for the front don't have the upper grommets installed in the eyelets already like the rears do!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi's Baja Rey Thread-img_0887.jpg   Team Losi's Baja Rey Thread-img_0886.jpg  
Old 01-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #253
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
So my powerstrokes showed up today and im very impressed.. I was able to run a pack through the truck with the new shocks on my track just before dark and I really like the way they make the truck handle. Doesnt seem to nose dive as much anymore and seems to take big hits quite a bit better, especially with the 50wt shock oil in all 4 .. Just a heads up incase anyone was wondering you will need the universal mounting kit because the Powerstrokes for the front don't have the upper grommets installed in the eyelets already like the rears do!!
They do have much better seals and help make the truck less bouncy, especially jumping. I did find the XTs included shock rates to be too soft, though, seemed to have a hard time keeping the rear up. I stacked front greens and rear reds together from my power stroke tuning kit and it felt much better. But I have dual spares and a large battery, I imagine it would work well enough as is with the stock setup on 2s.
ltzerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #254
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltzerge View Post
They do have much better seals and help make the truck less bouncy, especially jumping. I did find the XTs included shock rates to be too soft, though, seemed to have a hard time keeping the rear up. I stacked front greens and rear reds together from my power stroke tuning kit and it felt much better. But I have dual spares and a large battery, I imagine it would work well enough as is with the stock setup on 2s.
Im only running one spare but I opened up the fuel cell on the rear and put a few big nuts in it to add quite a bit of weight.. it ends up being more weight than two spares so i might take some out before ordering some stiffer springs. I see what youre saying though, I ended adding quite a bit of preload to get the rear to sit where i want it to..
Old 01-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #255
Tech Initiate

Quote:
interesting.. wonder if i'm going to run into the same issue with the prospecs...