#6b.

https://youtu.be/RdRXeHNQ4XI
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcebull8ight View Post
had fun for about 15 minutes, then servo refused to center. Tried turning AVC all the,way down but the wheels just turn to the right and can't center using trim. Any idea what the issue is? Servo horn loose, now it needs to be re centered? If I have to tear it down to re center the servo, I'm going to upgrade the servo for sure and possibly the servo norm. Steering rack looks pretty good other than its plastic with the exception of the two posts that attach the rack to the chassis. Contemplating returning to Amain as I don't think I should have to upgrade out of the box before I even get one pack through it. Any thoughts on what's wrong? I can add pics if needed. This happened on my tLR 22-4 buggy and as soon and I swapped the AVC receiver out for non AVC and disabled on radio all was good. Not an option with an RTR. Any help is appreciated, trying to get my son into he hobby.
No problem with servo. Wheels always seem to aim slightly left or right when I turn it on. They do recommend flat surface for 5 seconds to let AVC adjust. Usually soon as start driving wheel center.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #33
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I watched both videos and while I agree with you that it was probably water that affected your first run, the receiver should hold up to that type of moisture. I suggest giving Horizon Product Support a call to see if we can get you a new receiver.

Other than that I hope your having fun with your new Baja Rey.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #34
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcebull8ight View Post
had fun for about 15 minutes, then servo refused to center. Tried turning AVC all the,way down but the wheels just turn to the right and can't center using trim. Any idea what the issue is? Servo horn loose, now it needs to be re centered? If I have to tear it down to re center the servo, I'm going to upgrade the servo for sure and possibly the servo norm. Steering rack looks pretty good other than its plastic with the exception of the two posts that attach the rack to the chassis. Contemplating returning to Amain as I don't think I should have to upgrade out of the box before I even get one pack through it. Any thoughts on what's wrong? I can add pics if needed. This happened on my tLR 22-4 buggy and as soon and I swapped the AVC receiver out for non AVC and disabled on radio all was good. Not an option with an RTR. Any help is appreciated, trying to get my son into he hobby.
Are you able to trim the vehicle to go straight? Or are you trying to trim the vehicle as its sitting still? I've noticed that the servo will not center well with the truck standing still but once you start rolling, it's easy to center the steering.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #35
Tech Master

Run #8. Baseball diamond.

https://youtu.be/6fmbw0ILA84

Run #9. Tried jumping. Landing didn't go well.

https://youtu.be/xcFM54P-uew

First time coming apart always the worst. Quite a bit to just get to servo. No tools included for new buyer. Buy a good set. Lots of screw here.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:31 AM   #36
Tech Master

Any suggestion for a stripped set screw.

https://youtu.be/--RCycp1xaQ
Old 07-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Maybe a little heat from a soldering iron and a good fresh end on a Allen wrench! I've had luck even using some 30 minute epoxy and gluing the wrench in the hole and letting it cure for 24 hrs.
Sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:54 PM   #38
Tech Master

Had it soaking in penetrating oil most of day. See what happens after work. I've gone ahead and ordered new rear driveshaft. In case I end up having to cut the old one off. Hopefully by end of week.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:12 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Got to drive one of these at the track this weekend. After helping the guy get his radio set correctly we got her on the track. I have a SCTE 2.0 and have a lot of experience with it. I must say when I compare the two, I was pleasantly surprised at just how plush the suspension is with the solid rear axle, Sure its not quite as responsive, but certainly soaks up the bumps a lot better. Looks great as well

Any clubs racing a solid axle class? Ive seen a few "rock racer" courses, but have yet to see people racing these on the off road tracks. Wondering if they will gain popularity.
Mirkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #40
Tech Master

Even as a non racer,it would be interesting to see a few of these running on a track. Odds are good mine never will.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:19 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

when will these be in stock?
Old 07-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #42
Tech Master

Some places seem to have them. I had pre ordered mine.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:00 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

I got mine today at the local hobby shop. Loving this thing for sure. I changed a few things and ran it during practice night tonight. Its a outdoor old school dirt track.

So yeah like the rest of you the servo is what it is. RTR> Right away swapped out reciever and put in my Airtronics as I run a Mt4. I also switched out the servo and put a radiopost green in with alum servo horn. I tightened down the servo saver and also shimmed the play in the steering post.

Took shocks out to try maybe the 22sct one but its a no go unless you dremel the tower to fit for the 22sct shocks. Wider tops. SO ended up 50wt oil all around. Moved rear shocks to back positions. This helped alot on track.

If you want to run SCT standard wheels/tires you'll need zero offset like the 22sct. Some wheels require you remove the fake brake calipers so not to rub the inside of wheel. Stock wheels are a taller wheel to normal sct wheels. 12mm hex is cool but these run a 5mm nut like 1/8 cars

On track the truck soaks up all the ruff stuff and has a ton of steering. Just have to watch the throttle finger to keep the rear in check and dont stab the brakes in air till you soften them. Indo city! lol. Car is very top heavy too so its unforgiving barely clipping a pipe in a turn. Its longer then other sct's. Width is same

But....Its a blast to drive. It'll carve turns and punch is good outta corners. Also noticed it carrys alot corner speed too. Its not on pace with the other sct 4x4's but its mid pack for sure. It could use more motor as i run 2s.

its definitely a crowd plzer! I cant get enough of it. Tomorrow Im going race it with the other 4wd and see how it does.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:00 AM   #44
Tech Master

its definitely a crowd plzer! I cant get enough of it. Tomorrow Im going race it with the other 4wd and see how it does.

If you can get some video.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Oh replace the wheel nuts with some serrated ones. Save some headaches there on track. :P
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote