Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Jato Nitro RTR 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Traxxas Jato Nitro RTR 2.5

I'm curious, I told my mom I wanted a Nitro RC car for Christmas and we found this great package: http://www.hobbytron.com/Traxxas-Jat...kage-Deal.html

I was curious, does this come with the, I'm guessing it's called a servo? So I can control it? If you can help, or give any input, thanks.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

its is ready to run all you need is 12AA batterys and fuel. and a 6 cell ni-cd battery 4 your e-z start2* (*wich is inculed)
Old 12-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

its insanely fast and an over all great truck. you should also look at revo it is also rtr and a better bulit truck. there about the same price
Old 12-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Initiate

This is what also comes in the package: 7.2V Bat, 1qt Fuel, Cleaner, Wrench, Fuel Bottle

So I just need 12AA batteries and I'll be good?
Old 12-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

you should go to the traxxas website. it helps if you know somebody to help you get it started and learn how to tune the motor. traxxas does give you a dvd to watch but somebody with you will make it easier. the stock tires do not last long.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah, I know a guy who knows a bit about RC cars. I don't plan on racing it right now, seeing how I don't have a track near me, but I have 5 acres to play around on and build a few dirt jumps.

Should I buy extra glow plugs?

EDIT: I just noticed this on the package:

Everything you need to get your Jato running. Traxxas Nitro RTR Jato stadium truck, Nitro Starter Kit (7.2V Bat, 1qt Fuel, Cleaner, Wrench, Fuel Bottle) (No APO, FPO or Air Shipments), AC/DC Delta Peak 20-Min Fast Charger for 7.2V batteries and 12 - AA Alkaline Batteries.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Varhalla
Yeah, I know a guy who knows a bit about RC cars. I don't plan on racing it right now, seeing how I don't have a track near me, but I have 5 acres to play around on and build a few dirt jumps.

Should I buy extra glow plugs?

EDIT: I just noticed this on the package:

Everything you need to get your Jato running. Traxxas Nitro RTR Jato stadium truck, Nitro Starter Kit (7.2V Bat, 1qt Fuel, Cleaner, Wrench, Fuel Bottle) (No APO, FPO or Air Shipments), AC/DC Delta Peak 20-Min Fast Charger for 7.2V batteries and 12 - AA Alkaline Batteries.
Yes, you should buy a few extra glowplugs. Especially after break-in.

You can get the JATO for $315 with free shipping at www.ultimatehobbies.com
Old 12-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

yes buy a couple of glow plugs and more AA batteries. the AA in my reciver box only lasts about 10 tanks of fuel. i used a glow plug ignitor during break in period to start the truck. the traxxas set works great after the truck is warmed up but even now when i start it cold i use the glow plug ignitor. you might be able to find one for under $10.00
Old 12-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by baih
yes buy a couple of glow plugs and more AA batteries. the AA in my reciver box only lasts about 10 tanks of fuel. i used a glow plug ignitor during break in period to start the truck. the traxxas set works great after the truck is warmed up but even now when i start it cold i use the glow plug ignitor. you might be able to find one for under $10.00
Don't bother with the AA's. Buy a 5 cell Reciever pack. They are around $15-$20 each.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

sounds like a newbie, just trying to keep the costs down.