Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How come Losi or Associated will not build a 1/8 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Why would you want the same company that releases the kits that you whine about breaking all the time to send you an 1/8th scale buggy? Not to mention TTR is AE.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Build a XRAY XB8 & you'll know why. I have been in this for 20+ years & the XB8 is by far the finest car I have put together.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AWOLsoldier
They can always get a piece of the 1/8th scale pie while continuing their efforts in electric offroad.
Fair point, but for the hours required to design a car (and knowing losi it'll be like no other) and then the further research and developement of the car, then to release it into a market that already has so many makes, you'd have to ask yourself why bother wouldn't you?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Timmy_G
Fair point, but for the hours required to design a car (and knowing losi it'll be like no other) and then the further research and developement of the car, then to release it into a market that already has so many makes, you'd have to ask yourself why bother wouldn't you?
Why bother? To take away market share from the other competetors, that's why.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jay Boyd
Build a XRAY XB8 & you'll know why. I have been in this for 20+ years & the XB8 is by far the finest car I have put together.
Not only that but the best support i've ever seen.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jay Boyd
AMEN.....
Old 12-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

yeah i was also thinking that losi's 1/8 buggy tires maybe a hint that they will be bringing one out in the near future.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

I agree with Timmy G on this one. The 1/8 market is already so large with the likes of Hobao, Kyosho, Yokomo, Mugen, Thunder Tiger and Xray. I couldn't imagine AE and Losi doing to well with their sales from "jumping" into the 1/8 scene with nearly not as much experience as the Japanese based manufacturers. Today's 1/8th cars are already too good for each other. If AE and Losi knew that the 1/8th market was going to be very beneficial and profitable for them, wouldn't you think they would have a full blown 1/8 by now?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

losi probly doesnt want another LST on there hands....
Old 12-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Duratrax
I agree with Timmy G on this one. The 1/8 market is already so large with the likes of Hobao, Kyosho, Yokomo, Mugen, Thunder Tiger and Xray. I couldn't imagine AE and Losi doing to well with their sales from "jumping" into the 1/8 scene with nearly not as much experience as the Japanese based manufacturers. Today's 1/8th cars are already too good for each other. If AE and Losi knew that the 1/8th market was going to be very beneficial and profitable for them, wouldn't you think they would have a full blown 1/8 by now?
Both AE and TL have drivers that have been racing 1/8th scale for many years and have done quite well. Jared Tebo for example. So they definitely have the experience to build one. Doesn't really matter though cause I'm keeping my Mugen and I'm kicking my self for ever getting rid of my XB8.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die

hey guys, what about 1/10 nitro buggy ??

started to pick up in Asia ....
Old 01-27-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

I dont think that either of the two companies are so quick to rush into a fad taht might not last. Either of them could continue work on a TC and know that they product will sell because touring is soo popular. With the recent wave of interest in 1/8 I think this year will be the deciding factor on who wants to build a buggy. As far as Losi goes, Ive heard that mayhem will not continue efforts to make their car one that could compete internationally because Losi will be the company that horizon distributes for that. So I would guess we will see a losi buggy in the next year or so. From what Ive also read, AE is working on a 1/10 nitro TRUCK (gt2?) that will completely revive the 1/10 scale nitro class. I also think that these companies are limiting themselves to just the US with the release of these types of vehicles. Alot of the 1/8th scale craze is over-seas. With that being said its hard for either of the two companies (no matter how good they really are) to compete with the asian and european companies with such loyal support internationally.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Legend

Heard Losi is almost done with their 1/8

Ae already has Tebo & Cavalieri signed up for Thunder Tiger...
Old 01-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

george.....tebo runnin 8th scale fo odonnell now.....helping them develop a new buggy
Old 01-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

LOL yea tebo is running ALL odonell stuff in 1/8th now. So who knows. Satxon and a few others that run AE already do run the TTR buggy. I dunno bout a Losi buggy though, what would drake do in that scenario?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.