Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Senton 6s recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Senton 6s recommendations?

Got my Senton last year during Tower's B/Friday special, and was unable to run till recently due to crappy weather, kids, wife, and college (busy in general).

Anyways, this thing is s.l.o.w. with its stock gearing on 4s, and could deferentially use a few more teeth. Suggestions? Would also like a good 6s recommendation or should another I purchase another Venom 3S 4000mAh 20C?

Seems like that would not be high enough rating for this system, but worried about buying sight unseen/fitted, and end up with too large battery for its tray.

Another issue is its shocks came in under filled and drag around. Would like a good recommendation for general bashing. Hard to find the time to rebuild components lately and don't want to tear it down multiple times to test different weights.

Also, may-as-well add any recommendations for diff fluid weights.

Otherwise, its a great truck and tough as hell! Just needs some fine tuning and more oomph.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

I only have a Slash to compare, but my Senton is ok fast on 4S with stock pinion. My LiPo is a 100C. Perhaps 20C is bit low. I'm not expert. I'll be trying the 16 pinion soon for bit more speed.
I'll end up getting (2) 3S batteries when I want to try 6S power, but probably 50C minimum.

For oil weights,I'd recommend to download the free Durango DESC10 manual, as they're very similar trucks. Could be good starting points.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Butter
I only have a Slash to compare, but my Senton is ok fast on 4S with stock pinion. My LiPo is a 100C. Perhaps 20C is bit low. I'm not expert. I'll be trying the 16 pinion soon for bit more speed.
I'll end up getting (2) 3S batteries when I want to try 6S power, but probably 50C minimum.

For oil weights,I'd recommend to download the free Durango DESC10 manual, as they're very similar trucks. Could be good starting points.
Good idea, completely forgot about that. Also, guess I'm used to my P2de's speed. It is running 5400kv and 2 or 3s depending on the day. Way too much power for that little chassis, but sure is fun trying to keep under control. My other truck does 45mph flat and feels like a good place for its chassis and 'fun' speed that is controllable.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
Got my Senton last year during Tower's B/Friday special, and was unable to run till recently due to crappy weather, kids, wife, and college (busy in general).

Anyways, this thing is s.l.o.w. with its stock gearing on 4s, and could deferentially use a few more teeth. Suggestions? Would also like a good 6s recommendation or should another I purchase another Venom 3S 4000mAh 20C?

Seems like that would not be high enough rating for this system, but worried about buying sight unseen/fitted, and end up with too large battery for its tray.

Another issue is its shocks came in under filled and drag around. Would like a good recommendation for general bashing. Hard to find the time to rebuild components lately and don't want to tear it down multiple times to test different weights.

Also, may-as-well add any recommendations for diff fluid weights.

Otherwise, its a great truck and tough as hell! Just needs some fine tuning and more oomph.
At Hobbypeople.net they have a 22.2v 5000mah 30c that should fit the Senton perfectly