Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Control Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Control Issues

Hey everyone. Im new to the rc game and I bought a new 1/10 RedCat Blackout SC. Out of the box the thing ran great the first day. Very fast, great response to the controller an a ton of fun. Day two. Ran the unit for a few minute and suddenly lost control of the car and it did its own thing. It went full speed in to an iron sewer drain. Smash! I replaced the lower control arm, two shocks, front transverse drive shaft and the differential gear box. Now I need to fix the control issue but Im not sure what the problem is. The esc responds sometimes and other times it does whatever it wants to. Stays at full speed with no command from me or doesn't respond when given a command.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Fra
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Serovich
Hey everyone. Im new to the rc game and I bought a new 1/10 RedCat Blackout SC. Out of the box the thing ran great the first day. Very fast, great response to the controller an a ton of fun. Day two. Ran the unit for a few minute and suddenly lost control of the car and it did its own thing. It went full speed in to an iron sewer drain. Smash! I replaced the lower control arm, two shocks, front transverse drive shaft and the differential gear box. Now I need to fix the control issue but Im not sure what the problem is. The esc responds sometimes and other times it does whatever it wants to. Stays at full speed with no command from me or doesn't respond when given a command.

I suggest to retry binding the receiver and the transmitter, and then the transmitter and the esc..
Old 04-09-2016, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree with the previous post. You may also want to look into a new or better transmitter.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 AM
Tech Initiate

The only time I had this issue was due to me not turning on my transmitter before turning the car on first...car ran rogue through the house at full throttle and did a number on my front living room. In your case, you might do as advised above. Make certain you have a solid connection between ant/receiver and check all connections in the path.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

So far I replaced the receiver with a new one and bonded it to my transmitter. Still the same issue. It seems to perform better if I'm really close and then it loses control when it gets about 15 feet away? Could the esc cause this?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:30 AM
Fra
Tech Initiate

So far I replaced the receiver with a new one and bonded it to my transmitter. Still the same issue. It seems to perform better if I'm really close and then it loses control when it gets about 15 feet away? Could the esc cause this?
It can be you have turned on the telemtry system, some radios such as sanwa mt4, if you have telemtry sensor etc, may happen this problem..if there's no telemtry then rebinding the esc and transmitter is the solution, otherwise there is a problem within the radio, but I don't think it's ESC fault..
Old 04-13-2016, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

RedCat is sending me a new receiver and controller at no cost. Ill be sure to let you know if it turns out to be the controller.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

For future reference, what is a good 2.4GHz controller that won't break the bank?
Old 04-13-2016, 01:56 PM
Fra
Tech Initiate

For future reference, what is a good 2.4GHz controller that won't break the bank?
If budget is a little low, go for a used sanwa mt4, you will not regret. Maybe it can be a bit expensive but you won't spend other money on radio system..go sanwa! Even an mx-v is good and its a lot cheaper, but you get less parameters etc.