Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo 4WD Prototype Photos and Specs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nsr250repsol
Here is mine. There was some confusion so I didn't get mine till today (Sunday 26 March). I haven't even started the build as I had other plans for the day. I will start the build very soon.

Jelly, any building tips?

The brice difference your seening is due to mail order price and favorable yen rate right now. The tottal for my BX with shipping and Cerdit card charge was just over 60,000 Yen and my card was charged $508. Maybe people is the states can get colse to the same deal since Yokomo ISA is haveing a 30% off special. I just don't know if it will apply to the BX kit.
Cheers!
Josh
hey josh,have u built yours yet?any pics?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah I have it built now but I havn't had tome to put electronics in it yet. I'll take some pics soon. I have class here in a bit so I don't have time right now. I will soon though.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Suspended

cool...i will be waiting for the pics...
Old 04-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by memyselfandI
Hey Cartman,

maybe you should do a review.. you have heaps of 4wd to compare it with.. I would love to know your thoughts being a fellow ZX5 racer.
I might just do that. Won't be nearly as nice as oople's site, just some simple html on my old geocities free site.... hmmmm
Old 04-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default yokomo MR-4BX

had the priviledge to test the MR-4BX at So-Cal the other night. It is an awesome car, seems to act like an agile and efficient 2WD buggy, with the acceleration of a world class 4WD.

the only changes that i made away from the box-stock kit was changing the positions of the front and rear camber links, the shock oil and mounting positions of the shocks. most people that were there seemed rather impressed with the vehicles attitude on the track.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

we have one of these yokomo's running this weekend at the Australian national championships.

I saw it in action yesterday (warm up event).. and it looks super smooth and just loves to get 'air'. didn't seem quite as fast as some of the other cars out there, but it was a 'warmup' event... most people were tuning, etc.

looks pretty damn cool.. and can you say 'quiet'. man this thing is really quiet! hehe
Old 04-11-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The kit is great and highly detailed, it even includes a pinion gear. Some oddities though are the lack of window masks and no stickers. The fit and finish are similar to my RDX which is saying a lot, probably best in the industry. What I don't like about this car is that the diffs look a little exposed and i may be rebuilding them soon. Also they enclosed only steel diff balls, so I will be getting some carbide ones in soon and will probably make some stickers to try to close up the diff a bit. The pinion gears are also longer so you will have to use the longer Corally ones. Nice job Yokomo.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cammer
The kit is great and highly detailed, it even includes a pinion gear. Some oddities though are the lack of window masks and no stickers. The fit and finish are similar to my RDX which is saying a lot, probably best in the industry. What I don't like about this car is that the diffs look a little exposed and i may be rebuilding them soon. Also they enclosed only steel diff balls, so I will be getting some carbide ones in soon and will probably make some stickers to try to close up the diff a bit. The pinion gears are also longer so you will have to use the longer Corally ones. Nice job Yokomo.
got any pics?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Heres mine. Raced it this weekend, had a nightmare of qualifying, only really got a decent run in the final and went from 10th to winning by a good distance, car was great.
There were 3 in the A final I think also, with cragg and bradby down in the B with alternate shock towers and shocks (i think) on the rear, obviously dint work well.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by oople

Heres mine. Raced it this weekend, had a nightmare of qualifying, only really got a decent run in the final and went from 10th to winning by a good distance, car was great.
There were 3 in the A final I think also, with cragg and bradby down in the B with alternate shock towers and shocks (i think) on the rear, obviously dint work well.
AWESOME!
when are u doing a review?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

review is almost done but got the hard work of putting into a nice looking web formate now, oh and some good action shots need taking, will go out some night this week when it stops raining

Its a lovely car!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by oople
review is almost done but got the hard work of putting into a nice looking web formate now, oh and some good action shots need taking, will go out some night this week when it stops raining

Its a lovely car!
thanks a bunch!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Great googly-moogly, the diffs are mighty exposed... Or at least the rear diff is. That's really my only concern with these belt drives: getting dust/dirt between the belt and the gear teeth that'll constantly need cleaning. I love the aluminium uprights though.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Dont take my photos too seriously.. I did the belt covers the morning of the 4wd racing.. so it doesnt have any on there. there are front and rear lexan covers which i left transparent.. the likes of cragg etc all were running a square of lexan over the rear of the diff housing too to keep dirt out.. it might sound messy but it looks good... the car looks good.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

excellent pics oople, thanks! I look forward to your review.

Got a couple ?'s for all of you who've driven yours already. I'm in the process of building mine. Got the drivetrain and suspension done last night and I noticed a few things. The drivetrain seems quite un-free. Have your drivetrain's freed up after breaking them in? Also, when my center one-way is engaged (meaning the front is spinning faster than the rear) I'm getting a slight clicking noise coming from the one-way. The noise goes away when both front and rear are spinning at the same speed. I've double and triple checked the center assembly, as well as read the directions 4 and 5 times over, but seem to have assembled everything correctly.... hrrmmm. Has anybody else seen/heard this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.