R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-30-2005, 02:40 PM   #16
Tech Rookie
Default Vendetta and Mods

Vendetta all the way. It's good to see a mini with a meaty setup. I just decked out my Vendetta and it is so much better than my 18T... Full size servo.. can take 1/10th scale touring tires and wheels... the list goes on. If you want to see my fully mod job and the write up hit www.mimxra.com, it's in the message boards under R/C. I used the Stress Tech warrenty and really, that was the kicker for me... I'm hooked on the vendetta.
mimxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:02 AM   #17
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I've run one of the RC18B's I like them they feel solid, but I'd take my Mini-LST over that any day...just my two cents..
WisRacr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:27 AM   #18
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
I agree. I don't really like the way they rebadge cars and sell them under a different name. Especially in the real world! A Chevy S10 is actually an Izuzu Amigo, and a Ford Ranger is actually a Mazda B3000. The Chrysler 300C, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Magnum are built off the Mercedes E-Class chassis, and GM rebadges everything to make the same thing under a different name! Even the Chevy Cobalts were designed FOR Chevy BY Toyota! An American Revolution huh? Pfft...

Ummmm.... Ford owns Mazda and Chevy own Isuzu... so the vehicles are actually designed by the AMERICAN company and rebadged as a foreigner...

BTW: the Amigo is an suv and the S10 is a pick-up truck...

Also the reason for rebadging the vehicles is pure economics... it cost millions and years to completely design a new vehicle... and then to offer all the available options would be a pure terror to order a new vehicle.... then there are always those people who say "I won't ever buy a chevy......but I like those pontiacs....." Don't believe those exist.... one of my buddies told me "I would never buy a Ford Explorer... but I'm gonna go check out the Mercury Mountaineer that's one sweet ride......"
G's RC Raceway- Best off-road track on the east coast...period!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

Hi, I just brought factory team 18t don't like to servo. Under power the car makes wide turns. I was wondering if anybody knew a good servo to use. I tried hitec hs-56hb not too happy with it would like something with more torque & Speed and it would fit in the car appreciates any information thank you.
rc10bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Try the Airtronics 94091Z. It has the torque, speed and accuracy needed.
Make sure your servo saver is working properly. They tend to get quite sloppy. A spring from a micro rs4 servo saver can be added to the outside of the plastic spring. This tightens it up quite a bit (also increases the danger of stripped gears).
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

Thanks duneland for getting back, I can just finish building the 18t into a 18B for indoor off-road carpet racing, didn't like to serve all that I put in, I am definitely going to try to one you suggested. Didn't quite understand about the spring for the servo saver. But I'll find out at the hobby shop thank you for that comeback.
rc10bob is offline   Reply With Quote