Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 2wd starter setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/10 2wd starter setup

First off I'd like to give a little apology to some very helpful people for replying to my 1/8 servo discussion. I have talked to more people, and thought more, and I may stick with 1/10 2wd as my next race setup. However, your time wasn't wasted, I still gained some good knowledge! lol. Anyway, I need help with a 1/10 buggy setup. I'm confused on how beginning racers buy servos, because without knowing what decent specs to look for, I don't want to buy a servo with specs that aren't good for its purpose, without buying a ton and wasting my money. Anyway, I'm looking for servos for a 1/10. That is my blind spot so to speak. As for motor and electronics, I know that some run sensorless but people say having sensors setups just provides more reliable and consistent power output. That sounds very intelligent and correct in my eyes. So I am going to look for a sensored ESC/motor combo, but if you have immediate suggestions that'd be great. Last thing, a good kit(I think the associated is the best) and 2s batteries for this and my slash 4x4. Thanks, and my apologies for being a newb lol.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Best 2wd buggy

Wondering about some good 2wd buggy kits. I've seen associateds rc10b5m
X factory
Losi 22
Team C
And others.
What's usually the best kit for racing. I don't have experience, time, or money, to try tons of different diff oils and shock oils, so a kit with a good stock setup makes a difference for me, as I'll probably use the factory recommendation.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the xray xb2, its terrific. The yokomo yz2 is quite good too. i like the xb2 much more though.

also, I have had the losi 22 3.0 and b4.1 ft, none of them compare to the quality of the ones above
Old 02-29-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check your local track/shop and get your feedback there. See what is supported the most.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Prophet

I don't think there is no best 2wd Buggy for racing really it comes down to what you like handling wise and afford and support online and your track . There all competitive chassis layouts now.

But best value is the B5M CE or the Lite for sure. Especially support at the track and aftermarket parts. Losi 22 3.0 a little more expensive but its good from what ive seen the layour is somewhat similar to the B5M .
Old 02-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bforwarned
Check your local track/shop and get your feedback there. See what is supported the most.
while i understand why people say this. the biggest problem is, if your LHS is not great you could be very limited and could be missing out on some very nice kits because the LHS doesnt stock them. You never know, if you got something terrific, and many people started to see it maybe the LHS might start stocking it.

If i only got what my LHS had, i would be stuck with traxxas brushed motors and dromidas.

i just dont agree with "following" what your LHS says you should buy because of this mindset
Old 02-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Tech Rookie

There will be a steep learning curve if you are not ready to do some tuning specifically to the suspension.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have the Savox 1258 servo in my B5M C.E. and I'm very happy with both!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rekim
the xray xb2, its terrific. The yokomo yz2 is quite good too. i like the xb2 much more though.

also, I have had the losi 22 3.0 and b4.1 ft, none of them compare to the quality of the ones above
Idk how well my hobby shop supports the X-rays.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wesleyb420
There will be a steep learning curve if you are not ready to do some tuning specifically to the suspension.
Yeah I'm doing my research. I know some of the basics. Leave links to any info pages you know of or give me some tips.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

B5M CE and you have a great platform with a ton of available setup options.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wesleyb420
B5M CE and you have a great platform with a ton of available setup options.
I was thinking about starting there. What's the difference between Lite, CE and all the other options? Plus I'm going to build this in July so I want it to last from July to probably July 2017
Old 03-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shirillz731
I was thinking about starting there. What's the difference between Lite, CE and all the other options? Plus I'm going to build this in July so I want it to last from July to probably July 2017
The Lite has a lighter chassis and some other lightweight goodies. The CE is the same, but with the original heavier (but more rigid chassis) but also includes a bunch of extras. You get 3 and 4 gear transmissions. B5 and B5M suspension arms and shock towers. Titanium and steel turnbuckles. Steel and aluminum front axles. Plastic and aluminum rear hexes. Etc. . . Edit: Also the better Kashima coated "Fox" shocks.

The CE is being discontinued and will likely be sold out soon. Expecting some new version of the kit soon so it might be worth it to wait a bit before buying.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by shirillz731
First off I'd like to give a little apology to some very helpful people for replying to my 1/8 servo discussion. I have talked to more people, and thought more, and I may stick with 1/10 2wd as my next race setup. However, your time wasn't wasted, I still gained some good knowledge! lol. Anyway, I need help with a 1/10 buggy setup. I'm confused on how beginning racers buy servos, because without knowing what decent specs to look for, I don't want to buy a servo with specs that aren't good for its purpose, without buying a ton and wasting my money. Anyway, I'm looking for servos for a 1/10. That is my blind spot so to speak. As for motor and electronics, I know that some run sensorless but people say having sensors setups just provides more reliable and consistent power output. That sounds very intelligent and correct in my eyes. So I am going to look for a sensored ESC/motor combo, but if you have immediate suggestions that'd be great. Last thing, a good kit(I think the associated is the best) and 2s batteries for this and my slash 4x4. Thanks, and my apologies for being a newb lol.
I guess the first question is, are you looking for bashing or racing? And, if racing, does your local area have rules for classes? I raced in a rookie class a few years back that required a set 17.5 turn motor and sensorless or blinky mode ESC. This year, the next class up is completely different with their rules, so I upgraded both.

I can say if you are looking for practice and maybe light competition and you don't have a huge budget, the combo I used for motor and ESC worked great. I used a standard Hobbywing Justock sensored ESC to start.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...112000/p464566

Went with a Sling Shot motor as well

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...p-8000/p360110

I've used that motor in a stadium truck and a buggy and it has a lot of punch for the money and to be honest, it competes very well with pricier motors at two of the tracks I run at. And, if you learn the timing and upgrade to a more powerful ESC later, it gives you even more power.

As far as ESC's go, everyone has their favorite. I go cheaper with Savox and have never had an issue with their products.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gearhead82
The Lite has a lighter chassis and some other lightweight goodies. The CE is the same, but with the original heavier (but more rigid chassis) but also includes a bunch of extras. You get 3 and 4 gear transmissions. B5 and B5M suspension arms and shock towers. Titanium and steel turnbuckles. Steel and aluminum front axles. Plastic and aluminum rear hexes. Etc. . . Edit: Also the better Kashima coated "Fox" shocks.

The CE is being discontinued and will likely be sold out soon. Expecting some new version of the kit soon so it might be worth it to wait a bit before buying.
So give me the ranking. CE is the top
Then lite
Then factory team
Or something? Idk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.