Wiki Posts
Search

HONG NOR X1CR Vs KYOSHO 777 SP2

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

New Jack- You don't know what your talking about

Chill out dude you take this $#!T way too seriously....

BTW: I've seen a kyosho that broke...well let's see

1 lower front suspension arm, 1 front lower suspensiuon arm mount, I rear shock shaft, rear wing support, The rear wing just shattered, oh and let's not forget the stock body cracked!!!

The laughing was about the body..it was a joke, but I have seen all this breakage on a kyosho buggy.... and in practice, not even racing!!!!.... was it because the buggy was fragile..... no the guy driving is a non-driving jack@$$!!!.... just because you've seen 2 Jammin' buggies break doesn't mean they are fragile.... probably those jack@$$3$ can't drive very well.....

Now for homework.... write 1000 times "this is just a hobby, I need to chill out"

Class dismissed
Old 12-14-2005, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Impactplayr: Yeah, I hear ya!!! LMAO!!! I just don't take too well to a person who tells me I don't know what I'm talking about or who has never met or seen me race or drive or not drive tell me what I have/haven't observed! O.K. (Breathe)!!! Yeah, if you're a NON-Driving Jack-@$$ then you have no excuse no matter what you drive! The two buggies (Jammins) that I seen break regularly were the top 2 drivers in the sportsman class (they actually know how to drive for the most part) & they both have been having problems! As for the Kyosho bodies, everybody knows they are terrible, I will admit that, that's why I always run a Crown Pleazer body instead!!! BTW: they do have a fix for the Jammin wing mounts too, they said to boil them @ 250 degrees for 10 mins. & it does work too!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

does someone need to go to timeout?

we all have our opinions and once we see a buggy break we automatically go and tell everybody that that buggy is total crap. my jammin has only had two flaws, the front suspension blocks (which are recommended that you replace for al. ones) and the wing mount. they have quick fixes, and are nothing to worry about. not to brag or anything, but the people at my local backyard track all agree that i am the "cleanest" driver there, so thus i don't break anything. that's the simple truth, drivers who can stay on the track and off of the boards don't break as much or at all. before you take something off the shelf, think about your own driving capability. buy a kit that suits your skill. maybe an rtr is good for you, maybe a pro kit is better for you. no matter what you say, both cars will lead you to a path of happiness.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jammin

The only wings on the Jammin I have seen broke was the CRT truggy. Needless to say all the cars break. Don't make it like one is better then the other. I have owned them all and can say they all have the plus and minuses. I will say just because you saw a couple break and have never owned one, it does not make you an expert. I have a SP2 now but I have seen them not finish ONE heat at a race from breaking every time. There are just those days were nothing goes right. It happens to all the cars. This is just a hobby so I don't loose any sleep over this. I go back to what I always say buy the car that is locally supported in parts and what is good for the buyers budget.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jammin

Not to mention I would not take much from someones OPINION when they have never owned the product they bash...
Old 12-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

IT IS OPINION.

I like the SP2!I also like the X-1,but I like the K-car BETTER.

Arghh I know you have something to say,so SAYIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

I'm not bashing, it's just my "Opinion" from what I've observed! Just like I don't go out to buy every thing everybody else has, the places I race have ZERO parts for Kyosho, I usually have to get all my parts from amainhobbys, I can get a Kit but that's it because supposedly you have to order $400. worth of product in order to receive anything from Kyosho. Also, trust me I have my bad days too! I just have always seen excellent results from Big Pros & I have also had good results from by buggys too, I just prefer Kyosho, My opinion!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R.A.
which one to get? considering handling and reliability...
R.A...
hope all this comment can help you to get which one..

wheelnut - The X1 has better features and is a better value, although it would seem that mabye the Kyosho handles better

sofast-nt - They are both awesome cars.Some things are better than others,but I like the SP2 overall.The X-1 is a better value though. I hate those stupid screws,I converted my sp2's screws to hex heads on the bottom of the chassis

berthmaster - i own both cars. if we are not talking about world driver, X1 handle better on rough track. jumping is not an issue. SP2 have better acceleration. if like turning like rally..this is the car. X1 have better value, almost every option parts packed in one box

aaron waldron - They had some issues with replacement parts, especially early on in the production run. The new X1 stuff should be much up to par.
The X1-CR can run with the best of them, and it's ready to race right out of the box

macnkitty2002 - i have driven both and own an X1-CR. both are equally capable on jumps and durability. the X1 carries more speed through the corners than the SP2, but the SP2 requires less tuning to get it to handle superbly. the parts availability is great for the X1, while the SP2 is not even available anywhere yet and parts are more expensive. most importantly, the X1 is the best value around, a fully optioned race kit with race rubber for only about $500, about $280 less than the SP2. so i would suggest the X1, your choice though
the stock shocks on the jammin are superb, and i don't see any reason at all to get the big bore shocks unless you are jumping it off of a 3 story building.
the durability of the X1 is great for any level of racer, and the parts are "findable" these days, unlike Kyosho

ogreasurada - To me the X1 has much better bang for the bucks! How does Kyosho have better overall parts when its still using phillips screws and casted steering knuckles? It doesnt seem to have the best plastic compared to all the top level buggies (Jammin, Mugen, etc) on the planet either. The most advantage that Kyosho has over other companies is its factory drivers

tag - at this point i will probably take X-1PRO even though kyosho 777 sp2 has better overall parts quality and craftmanship but i dont like the fact that they change a new buggy like changing underwares

micrors4guys - the durability of the X1 is great for any level of racer, and the parts are "findable" these days, unlike Kyosho
my conclusion is the jammin is a very solid ride that will give you more than enoght steering and is a very stable car

supralative - I like the fact the Jammin comes with hex head screws and Kyosho still uses crappy Phillips screws. Out of the box I think the Jammin is a better deal

the buggyman - The jammin edges out the Kyosho in parts price. I never had problems with breakage with the Jammin. To date it was the most durable car I have owned

go get it R.A...
Old 12-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you want the best car or the cheapest one? The Jammin is quite good for a $500 car and probably the 3rd best handling behind the SP1 and SP2...You can probably still find new SP1s for around $500 and the SP2 should be available for around $650. So there is $150 difference between the two or you can get an SP1 about the same price as a Jammin.

Xtreme did a test on 6 1/8 race buggies and the SP1 came out on top despite the higher price at the time. I can tell you that the SP2 is superior to the SP1 on rough and/or slick tracks. On high traction surfaces the SP1 and SP2 seem about equal.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Arghh: You have a point there on the Kyosho the Screws Suck, that's one thing I recommend to replace before even putting the kit together as well as the bearings metal shielded doesn't cut it on 1/8 buggys (Get rubber sealed or the ones I got from Avid for $1. a piece), also replace those ridiculously lame chassis braces!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by New Jack
Arghh: You have a point there on the Kyosho the Screws Suck, that's one thing I recommend to replace before even putting the kit together as well as the bearings metal shielded doesn't cut it on 1/8 buggys (Get rubber sealed or the ones I got from Avid for $1. a piece), also replace those ridiculously lame chassis braces!
And while your at it, just buy a Jammin!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

LOL .New Jack does need to calm down.I try to help and tell him how to drive but he won't calm down and listen LMAO!Now down to the Jammin' or Kyosho part,I've seen Jammin's break alot but that was after doing 20 cartwheels.I own a Kyosho and I like how it handles and steers.I bought the buggy used off ebay and its a K2 so it was pretty beat up when I got it.I have not broke anything on it,but I've only driven it one summer and I don't know how long it was driven before me.The only thing that I've done to it is strip the knuckles on it.There's my .02
Old 12-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Old 12-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Kanai II: Stay in the B-main & be quiet, tell me how to drive, now that's funny!!! LOL!!!!

SOFAST-NT: Your signature is Hilarious!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Well,I am telling the TRUTH.

It is a WARNING!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.