Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HONG NOR X1CR Vs KYOSHO 777 SP2

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Yeah, I look for jammin to have a real good year next year, especially since they now have Chad Bradley. Also that x1crt looks very tempting and I drive mugen
Old 12-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Tony - Hard not to be tempted by the ROAR and RC Pro National Champ!

sofastNT - I like to think that I drive my buggy a lot more mellow than most 1/8th scale racers, and my X-1 fits my style like a glove. But it seems to take it like a champ when I start driving it hard as well.

The two newest drivers on the Jammin' team, RC Pro Arena Truck National Champion Chad Bradley, and RC Pro 1/8th scale buggy National Champion Taylor James, will be great additions to an already top-notch race team. 2006 should be a good year :-)
Old 12-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

I hate those stupid screws,I converted my sp2's screws to hex heads on the bottom of the chassis.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

They are both good driving buggies. I was looking at the 2 next to each other and they look very similar in design and even geometry. Hhhmm..
If you can't win with your Jammin, you’re not going to with a Kyosho and vise versa...

Neither are bargains. You still have to pay for good parts..
Jammin Kit - $500
Upgraded Shock Towers - $90
Big Bore Shocks + Springs - $150

Now you're at $740 and that doesn't include other not absolutely
necessary upgrades like the one piece engine mount, etc...
But, I've seen some poor quality of parts come from OFNA.
Kyosho...well we all know the price of those...

Either way you will have a good buggy. How you set it up is how it's going to drive for you.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

In the UK the car runs great straight out of the box, no upgrades required! Even former UK champion Jamie Booth runs his car more or less out of the box with the addition only of alloy A blocks on the front end and 1deg anti-squat and 2.5 deg toe blocks on the rear. Standard towers, standard shocks etc.

Obviously I don't know if the tracks in the US require the long shocks to deal with the bigger jumps etc. but in the UK (and probably most of Europe too) they aren't needed and give no advantage as we often are limiting down travel front and rear!

My first meeting with a box stock X1-CR gave me a noticable improvement over the TTR S3 I was previously running!!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

R.A.-See if someone with a SP2 will let you test drive it and the same with the X-1.

Last edited by Sofast-NT; 12-05-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

I like both cars.Some things better than others,but their both good.

When I say agressive,I mean to drive a little harder,push the car more.Not all over the track.Cartwheels or somersaults.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:05 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Okay, I'm jumping in. Forgive me for joining your thread for minute R.A.

Okay fellas. I am also looking to get back into 1/8th scale next spring, and I am also considering these 2 buggies. I previously had a hyper 7 PCR PBS RTR with several hop-ups about a year and a half ago, and loved it, just so you have some history to go by.

How about looking at the question like this....Which one would be better for the "average racer" like myself. Not blazing fast, but probably a little above average for this area, and certainly not a newbie or basher. A weekly club racer that tries to get to some bigger region races from time to time, and doesn't have and endless supply of cash flowing out of my pocket.
Which one is going to be the easiest to put together, get a good ballpark set-up on, and be able to be consistent with the fastest right out of the box? Which one will be the easiest most forgiving to drive for the average racer? We all know the pros can drive a 3-wheeled dumptruck on a frozen pond covered in mayonnaise with their eyes closed and make it look fast, but what about joe racer?
Ultimately, which one is overall better for us "normal" human beings?

Thanks, Brad
Old 12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Cheaper/Jammin
Quality/Even
Fast/Even
pro kit/both
setup/Kyosho
out-the-box Jammin/not as pricey and you get,alum. chassis braces,carbon,and aluminum toe blocks.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by J_Bone
They are both good driving buggies. I was looking at the 2 next to each other and they look very similar in design and even geometry. Hhhmm..
If you can't win with your Jammin, you’re not going to with a Kyosho and vise versa...

Neither are bargains. You still have to pay for good parts..
Jammin Kit - $500
Upgraded Shock Towers - $90
Big Bore Shocks + Springs - $150

Now you're at $740 and that doesn't include other not absolutely
necessary upgrades like the one piece engine mount, etc...
But, I've seen some poor quality of parts come from OFNA.
Kyosho...well we all know the price of those...

Either way you will have a good buggy. How you set it up is how it's going to drive for you.
This might help
Old 12-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what i don't agree with J-Bone with is the added shocks/springs. the stock shocks on the jammin are superb, and i don't see any reason at all to get the big bore shocks unless you are jumping it off of a 3 story building.

i recommend the jammin for the normal club and backyard racer like myself. i would buy a kyosho buggy, but as everyone knows, they change their buggy about every 2 years or less. i wanted to have a completely new designed buggy that is not likely to change designs for a while (ofna has been known to stick with designs until they reach some new breakthrough). the durability of the X1 is great for any level of racer, and the parts are "findable" these days, unlike Kyosho. i have not broken a single thing on my X1 except the plastic B-blocks, which i should have gotten aluminum ones to begin with anyways. and being on a limited budget too, i was impressed with what you get with the X1, with most of the key upgrades in the box not to mention race rubber and a cool radio bag. but don't let the extra features sway you. go with the car that has the best parts availability in your area, and what you feel is best. you will be very happy with either car. you can set up both cars for your individual style, so one is not really any better than the other in tunability. try to find some old rc mags with reviews of the cars to get an idea. just remember, you will still need a radio system with servos, battery, paint, engine, pipe, starter box, and tires (with the Kyosho). and if you don't have fuel, glow plugs, glow ignitors, and tools from prior rc experience, you will need those too.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Here is my two cents worth. I was new to rc this past april after a 15 year hiatus. I went a little crazy and have owned/raced the mugen prospec, special 2 and the jammin. I have concluded (using the same motor in each buggy at the local track) that for my driving style I was fastest with the Jammin followed by the mugen then the SP2. My impressions are these:

the mugen is very stable, rarely gets out of shape and instills confidence. didn't turn all that great (never tried new arms).
the SP2 turned awesome but felt twitchy and nervous over the rough stuff.
the jammin seemed to fall right between the two, stable with adequate turning.

The Jammin runs great with a motor that likes RPM's (i used the WS7 II). I think this is due to the two tooth smaller spur. As far as the build quality, I think the Mugen was best, followed by the jammin then the sp2.

These are just my honest opinions with no vested interest. if anyone else's was different I wouldn't mind hearing about them, just please don't attack me

P.S. If cost isn't a huge consideration wait a few months. i hear jammin is coming out with a version with the big bore shocks and all the other upgrade parts. I just took it in the shorts by XRAY when my two day old T1FK05 became obsolete by the newest release.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccars4scott
I just took it in the shorts by XRAY when my two day old T1FK05 became obsolete by the newest release.

I don't think your T1FK05 is obsolete, but I hear ya. I'm waiting for the new Jammin buggy
Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Have you heard a tentative release date for the new buggy? I ran the new xray this weekend for the first time. it was really good. My only disappointment is that it's worth half what I paid for it. lol. how are things in riverside, i come out there for business once in a while.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have no idea when the new buggy will be out. I'm new to 1/8 scale. Been and electric racer for years. We have 4 (maybe 5) 1/8 scale tracks out here in the riverside (county) area so I figured I better try it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.