Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New TD Stadium Truck? >

New TD Stadium Truck?

New TD Stadium Truck?

Old 02-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New TD Stadium Truck?

Anybody know if a new Team Durango Stadium Truck is planned? I am going to be in the market soon for a new ST, my 22t 2.0 was ripped off about 6 months ago. I loved the 22t 2.0 and will probably end up with another one unless TD is bringing something out. I may be switching my whole roster to TD.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mvrk28
Anybody know if a new Team Durango Stadium Truck is planned? I am going to be in the market soon for a new ST, my 22t 2.0 was ripped off about 6 months ago. I loved the 22t 2.0 and will probably end up with another one unless TD is bringing something out. I may be switching my whole roster to TD.
I emailed them about a month ago via Facebook. I asked them that very same question. They told me they were unsure if they were going to go that route. I asked b/c the dex210v3 looked like a good deal for the money, and that since I race st as well and I like having parts commonality between classes.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If TD releases an ST based on their V3 buggy, it will dominate. They are the only company addressing the issue with rear traction people are having in MM configurations.

They have moved the motor closer to the rear axle, and mounted the shocks to the front of the rear arms. The MM helps give the weight bias you need, and the portion of the truck/buggy behind the shocks will help plant the rear in straight line acceleration. The MM weight bias will still give you the steering and front end stability you need.

Losi has moved their motor the furthest forward from the rear axle, and hung the the shocks at the rear. And they are having to add brass or lead weights to get it to hook in MM, or build it in RM.

Kyosho. Has hugged a little closer to the rear axle, but have hung the rear shocks all the way to the rear.

AE has moved the rear shocks to the inside of the tower, giving it some reward weight on them, but still mounted them to the rear of the rear arms. Motor still closer to the rear axle than Losi, but also a sideways battery that helps shift weight for more forward bite.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:11 AM
Tech Rookie

If you want to be different then the Mr'o' racing have a middle motor conversation kit for a dex410 and dex210 that have the same length chassis as a stadium truck. You can use the dest210 front and desc410 rear and dex410 rear drive train. It's not been done yet as there is no one that races stadium truck in the UK.
Attached Thumbnails New TD Stadium Truck?-5862294_orig.jpg  
Old 02-09-2016, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyper7driver
If TD releases an ST based on their V3 buggy, it will dominate. They are the only company addressing the issue with rear traction people are having in MM configurations.

They have moved the motor closer to the rear axle, and mounted the shocks to the front of the rear arms. The MM helps give the weight bias you need, and the portion of the truck/buggy behind the shocks will help plant the rear in straight line acceleration. The MM weight bias will still give you the steering and front end stability you need.

Losi has moved their motor the furthest forward from the rear axle, and hung the the shocks at the rear. And they are having to add brass or lead weights to get it to hook in MM, or build it in RM.

Kyosho. Has hugged a little closer to the rear axle, but have hung the rear shocks all the way to the rear.

AE has moved the rear shocks to the inside of the tower, giving it some reward weight on them, but still mounted them to the rear of the rear arms. Motor still closer to the rear axle than Losi, but also a sideways battery that helps shift weight for more forward bite.
What year are you living in? The new losi has the motor positioned much closer to the rear. TD still doesn't even support a sideways battery configuration yet, either, which makes the biggest difference when racing on dirt. If anything TD is the only company who still hasn't properly addressed the issue of rear traction in MM configuration.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
What year are you living in? The new losi has the motor positioned much closer to the rear.
Did TLR announce a 22T 3.0 while I wasn't looking, or did you stumble into a ST thread and start talking about buggies?
Old 02-09-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PetRock
Did TLR announce a 22T 3.0 while I wasn't looking, or did you stumble into a ST thread and start talking about buggies?
Since he was basing a hypothetical new dest210 off of the just released dex210v3, I thought it was only fair to discuss a possible 22t 3.0 based off of the 22 3.0.

Besides, his main argument is that TD is the only company to address traction issues in MM, when in reality they are one of the only companies who still has not addressed the issue.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

I agree with RC10Nick, the DEX210v3 cannot accommodate sideways shorty or square packs. Being completely honest I did not even look at the layout of the 210v3 before posting this but if TD wants to build a competitive stadium truck the sideways shorty is a must.

I think I will probably end up going back to the 22t 2.0 but with an exotek chassis.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Maybe hold off unless you're in a hurry?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...22t-3-0-a.html
Old 02-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Maybe hold off unless you're in a hurry?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...22t-3-0-a.html
I'm gonna wait until about april, worst case scenario I convert some stuff over to the 3.0. The build I had in mind was mostly exotek stuff anyway so I may not wait and just try to pick up a used one for cheap.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Dest210 is a really good truck, sideways shorty can be done with a little bit of dremel work.

The biggest flaw I have in this truck right now is rear arms I snap one every 20 races, our track is a large big jump track and it always happens when I land on the rear of the truck but at $8 per arm set its not the biggest issue ever. Boiling the arms for 40min also helps.

I hope TD bring a v2 and address the slight rear arm weakness, I have upgraded with all the v2 upgrades that suit from the buggy. So i wouldn't be to hard for TD to do but it depends if there is a market for it.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Every time someone asks about a new ST or SC truck, I go back to this interview.

http://www.rcnews.net/2015/12/09/int...-team-durango/

You have the popularity of the class, which is still quite low compared to buggy, and the cost of them making new molds for things like rear arms. Hell, we can't even get bodies for the truck and that doesn't need a new mold.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What year are you living in? The new losi has the motor positioned much closer to the rear. TD still doesn't even support a sideways battery configuration yet, either, which makes the biggest difference when racing on dirt. If anything TD is the only company who still hasn't properly addressed the issue of rear traction in MM configuration.
Go perfect your reading comprehension and get a ruler and measure the distance between these kits and the 22t 2.0. Not the new 3.0 Losing buggy, which I never referred to.

And then go look at all the weights people are using at the rear of their ST's to gain what is it now? Oh yeah, rear traction!

And my DESC210 is the only MM vehicle I have that I haven't had to add weight to the rear to make it grip.

Just keep drinking the manufactures' kool aid and buying their snake oil.

Last edited by hyper7driver; 02-11-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Tech Prophet

You are right i ran the Dex210 V2 for a while on higher grip clay and lower grip clay where it was inconstant most of the time was on lower grip clay on the Rear end grip tryed more than a few settings also .

So with that chassis layout it clearly lacks Rear weight in both mid motor 4 and 3 gear .

Higher grip the buggy is plain fast handles great.

I been running the B5M now and it constant on Rear grip much easier to work on . Durango should of for sure did the new buggys with a side to side lipo layout.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Go perfect your reading comprehension and get a ruler and measure the distance between these kits and the 22t 2.0. Not the new 3.0 Losing buggy, which I never referred to.

And then go look at all the weights people are using at the rear of their ST's to gain what is it now? Oh yeah, rear traction!

And my DESC210 is the only MM vehicle I have that I haven't had to add weight to the rear to make it grip.

Just keep drinking the manufactures' kool aid and buying their snake oil.
Trust me, I'm not drinking anybody's kool aid. I ran TD for the last 3 years. I did what TD wouldn't do to make the car work. I'm not loyal to any one brand. I drive what I think is the best car. Right now I think TLR has the best car, so that's what I run.

So you get to compare a hypothetical TD truck to their just released buggy, but I'm not allowed to do the same with TLR? Hmmm.... who's really drinking the kool-aid here?

Oh, and of the two brands, TD and TLR, which is the only one currently selling and supporting a stadium truck?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.