Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Highest brand servos in ep8 >

Highest brand servos in ep8

Highest brand servos in ep8

Old 01-24-2016, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Highest brand servos in ep8

Hey guys, just wondering if any here has used the highest dt1100 or dt2100 servos to steer their ep8 and if you've had any issues with brown outs or blown caps? I bought a dt1100 and it was great for a few days then i started noticing a bit of brown out and my esc kept going into fail safe for a second or two. Thinking my brand new servo couldn't be the cause of this i tryed a new receiver, sensor lead, motor, new lipos. By this time my xerun 150 had blown so i got max8, again it ran fine for about a day and then started to find the same issues so i bumped the adjustable bec up to 7.4 volts and no difference. By this time i was getting frustrated so i replaced ALL electronic components of my car tx/rx, motor esc (rx8), transponder and i got the highest dt2100 servo. That lasted 4 hours before the brown outs came back so a friend gave me a 10volt cap to put on my reciever and that went perfectly until the cap came loose and broke a pole, brown outs returned and then the esc died. Thinking what could be the problem i put in another new rx8. After the second battery the brown outs came back so again i swaped out the receiver, the motor, sensor lead then i tryed an old savox servo. No more brown outs. Ran the rest of the day without a hiccup. Why are my highest servos glitching out my esc's.?
Old 01-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone?
Old 01-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

where did you purchase it from?
what TX/RX are you using?

I personally don't run Highest servos but have several team mates that do. i will share this thread with them in hopes one of them will have an answer for you.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pistol78
Hey guys, just wondering if any here has used the highest dt1100 or dt2100 servos to steer their ep8 and if you've had any issues with brown outs or blown caps? I bought a dt1100 and it was great for a few days then i started noticing a bit of brown out and my esc kept going into fail safe for a second or two. Thinking my brand new servo couldn't be the cause of this i tryed a new receiver, sensor lead, motor, new lipos. By this time my xerun 150 had blown so i got max8, again it ran fine for about a day and then started to find the same issues so i bumped the adjustable bec up to 7.4 volts and no difference. By this time i was getting frustrated so i replaced ALL electronic components of my car tx/rx, motor esc (rx8), transponder and i got the highest dt2100 servo. That lasted 4 hours before the brown outs came back so a friend gave me a 10volt cap to put on my reciever and that went perfectly until the cap came loose and broke a pole, brown outs returned and then the esc died. Thinking what could be the problem i put in another new rx8. After the second battery the brown outs came back so again i swaped out the receiver, the motor, sensor lead then i tryed an old savox servo. No more brown outs. Ran the rest of the day without a hiccup. Why are my highest servos glitching out my esc's.?
Do you have your BEC sat to 7.4v in hotwire?
Old 01-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Have you adjusted your end points so that your servo is not binding and over loading the BEC?
Old 01-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, thanks for the replys. Yes, on all esc's that are capable of 7.4 volts i used that setting. I have a futaba 4pls radio with the stock receiver. I have tryed 4 of the 6 receivers that i have here and the glitching was with all of them. As i said in my first post i have changed every electronic component in my car and swaping the highest servo back to my old savox fix my problem. Just cant understand it. These two servos (dt1100 and dt2100) killed a xerun 150a, a max8 set to 7.4v and a tekin rx8 set to 7.4v. I also though about my endpoints and they were set well short of there limit. The brownouts always occured just after landing a jump, breaking hard for a 180° corner then getting back on the throttle. Happend in the same spot lap after lap.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pistol78
That's odd as their great servos. 6.6v should be plenty of juice for it in an 8th scale application or 4wd SCT. They like run if possible on advanced, hspd radio/receiver setting over normal/ standard.

You may have got a bad one which can happen with the best equip. Never heard of anyone having issues with Highest servos. If the issue does not resolve definetly send it back.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IntegraMark
where did you purchase it from?
what TX/RX are you using?

I personally don't run Highest servos but have several team mates that do. i will share this thread with them in hopes one of them will have an answer for you.
Actually great question on where you purchased it. Reputable places no problems., however it's easy to unknowingly purchase a knock off if purchased from a lot of the internet sites.

Being a Futaba did you reverse the servo setting before setting up.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

The radios i got new from my lhs, and the servos i got new from a local sponsored pro. All genuine gear.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you tried loaning one of the servos to one of your mates to see if they experience the same issue in their car?
Old 02-01-2016, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

I haven't, no. Id hate to see them damage someone else's esc.