Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

New Team Durango DEX210F Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 03:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Cain - LOL....that's my video of my local indoor track.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:24 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

lol good stuff.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
lol good stuff.
We now have three racers running the 210F, including myself.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM
We now have three racers running the 210F, including myself.
Nice, are you guys running them mod or stock?
Old 04-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Laker67
Nice, are you guys running them mod or stock?
We only run 2wd mod buggy. I run 87/21 with a Turnigy 7.5T motor. Motor is set two ticks higher then neutral timing and my ESC has 15 degrees added.

Last edited by SteveM; 04-29-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Legend

how are you guys liking them in comparison to the rest of the field?

Any new vids on the way showing the new vehicles in action?
Old 04-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
how are you guys liking them in comparison to the rest of the field?

Any new vids on the way showing the new vehicles in action?
I don't have more vids right now, sorry. Lots of guys bought the YZ-2, and the cost here is insane for those kits. They seem have be selling them now and several went with the Losi 3.0

The 210F is proving every bit as good as anything else right now. We have some top racers though still running the B5M and some with the KF2. Lots of different brand represented.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I'm Paul from the UK and have a quick question. I have been running a 210f for a while, and on dry astro surface it's running great. When we run on a sandy damp or wet surface the car seems to become undriveable, would changing to a saddle configuration help with rear end grip?

Do you know if anyone has had any experience driving in similar conditions, and could you recommend any kind of setup that might help?

I would be very grateful for any help or advice that you could offer
Old 05-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by p.newbery
Hi, I'm Paul from the UK and have a quick question. I have been running a 210f for a while, and on dry astro surface it's running great. When we run on a sandy damp or wet surface the car seems to become undriveable, would changing to a saddle configuration help with rear end grip?

Do you know if anyone has had any experience driving in similar conditions, and could you recommend any kind of setup that might help?

I would be very grateful for any help or advice that you could offer
You can make it better, but it's never going to be as good as 210v3. I'm afraid racing 2wd outside in the uk means you need 2 cars...which is a pain.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I also bought a 210F 2 weeks ago.
What a car. Ran it 3 times (2 in carpet and 1 in AstroTurf) until the moment.
In my home track (Indoor RC Oeste - Portugal) in carpet, on the first night I've lowered my best time almost half a second.
I'm using 50k on the dif with shumacher Mini-pin yellow on the rear and Dboots Terrabite on the front.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Legend

If they could make a ball diff for it I think the car could have a lot of potential outdoors.

Where I plan to run outdoors is very loose, but I am going to give it a go.

Looks like AE has got some new offerings that are high traction dedicated, will be interesting when that season starts up again.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Legend

got a race coming up that can be low traction on a 1/8 scale track, full mod class. I am going to prep the vehicle for it and see how it goes.

Will also have the plan b dex210 with too I think.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Hey Guys, I had a buddy take some track footage of my 210F. I had to use my Ipad to do it but I'll get my camera going and get some better footage here soon.

https://youtu.be/6Qem_bMS6ow
Old 05-20-2016, 09:11 AM
Tech Legend

anyone got a good breakdown on when to use the different locations on the multi-axles?

Got my car setup for battle, though I am going to change the spur gear to a larger size. I did notice that if your mesh gets tight, the spur gear noise gets REALLY loud. Just testing a mesh setting it really came up on the noise level.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:24 AM
Tech Legend

Got some race news.

Ran yesterday on a newer configuration of this track, dirt is pretty much the same and alot of the layout:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The big kicker was the wind, and I mean wind. It was probably the worst it has ever been, with basically a driving wind so strong that you could feel the dirt (more like sand) just grating your skin. If you didn't have at a minimum sunglasses or full on goggles you would be toast. Even with that at times the gusts were such that it was still hard to see, let alone hear anything. Nitro vehicles revving to be flipped over could at times get missed.

My impressions pretty much can be summed up in this:

You need a lot more weight on the rear end to get the vehicle to work if the tires don't have the maximum bite possible. I would say if say an soft compound is common for a tire, you probably want the next softest one instead if its dry loose, etc. I could see a big diff in handling when I went from heavy panther step pin tires and the allow rear hub carriers to the stock ones and a Jconcepts green compound tires to get better bite.

The car was just all over the place. I did try a few things to try and generate more rear grip:

- Move the rear hubs forward
- Softer springs rear
- Move rear link position down on the tower from stock
- Went from 5K to 3K on the diff

Unfortunately with the wind and conditions I couldn't get the vehicle to plant. Now, mind you, the first heat had more water on the surface, and that made a BIG difference in handling as there was a tiny bit or traction at that point. But with the driving wind, it was dustbowl conditions and unfortunately I didn't have enough tire types to get to a base that would work for the conditions. Maybe a Proline M4 caliber would have been a better choice but outside of that, not sure what else from a tire perspective.

so that pretty much sums up my initial experience. there is potential there but it will definitely need a lot of work to get to something driveable if you have very little traction. Was worth a try though lol.

Oh, and i broke one of the rear wing mounts off of a bad jump where the wing caught and had me come down on that wing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.