R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-31-2016, 10:25 AM   #181
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to bdyche Send a message via AIM to bdyche Send a message via Yahoo to bdyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
+1 . I felt the same thing when comparing my DEX210F to the DEX210s I have here. Nice pic with Viper gear there, if I held on to that stuff I was curious how well the VTX10 escs fit.

Hopefully maclan will keep the same size for electronics when they release their esc.
Thank you. If I were to place bets on anything, it would be that it has a switch on the body of the ESC and no external capacitor. To be clear, this is just a guess, more of a wishlist of features, lol. I love my Viper ESCs as they are still the smoothest on the market, but with my newest ones being 2.5 years old it is time for something new soon!
bdyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:44 PM   #182
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to bdyche Send a message via AIM to bdyche Send a message via Yahoo to bdyche

So I was curious about the inboard rear toe settings using the inserts and couldn't find any values in the manual, so I made a chart showing relative toe. The kit default says it is 3* inboard toe (inferred by looking at the total toe setting when used with 0* hub inserts), and it goes up from there. I hope this is helpful for someone other than myself.
Attached Thumbnails
New Team Durango DEX210F Thread-dex210f-dex410v5_reartoe.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 04:09 PM   #183
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)

I remember asking about that I think on another thread and I guess that setting is going to be for something else but you can modify toe there.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:59 PM   #184
Tech Fanatic

I got my DEX210F completely rebuilt today and put it on the scales for curiosity's sake. 1645g ready to run, just 9g heavier than my DEX210V3. Much lighter than expected!
Attached Thumbnails
New Team Durango DEX210F Thread-wp_20160331_18_39_40_pro.jpg  
Old 03-31-2016, 08:05 PM   #185
Tech Legend

looks good wonder if my food scale is off.

Some news on the lower shock ends, the intech ones are the same, fit perfect, and you don't have to buy some massive parts tree. I installed a new shock shaft and from what I can tell I think the previous shaft was over hardened.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:03 PM   #186
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Using saddle pack config looks like it would add more weight to the front. Good for carpet.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:22 PM   #187
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
looks good wonder if my food scale is off.

Some news on the lower shock ends, the intech ones are the same, fit perfect, and you don't have to buy some massive parts tree. I installed a new shock shaft and from what I can tell I think the previous shaft was over hardened.
Maybe it was over hardened? Under hardened would cause it to deform on impact vice snap. Hopefully it is isolated to a short run, though I have a few spares just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdesertracer View Post
Using saddle pack config looks like it would add more weight to the front. Good for carpet.
Perhaps, but with the way the shaft drive holds flat under acceleration I'd imagine the shorty configuration would still be very good. I hope to test on high bite clay, turf and carpet soon and will share what I find.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #188
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdesertracer View Post
I wonder how much you would overall add for weight front versus rear by now adding another pack to the rear relative to the motor moving to the front? I think it may be easier to add weight to the front using either say an alloy bulkhead head and the front chassis weights.

I have those here I could add, but the car handles so good I haven't found a need. I may see about trying a stiffer rear sway bar or front tires that bite harder but that may be about it. Its that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyche View Post
Maybe it was over hardened? Under hardened would cause it to deform on impact vice snap. Hopefully it is isolated to a short run, though I have a few spares just in case.
Yeah I am thinking so. Knocking on wood that its a one off but if I break another I'll probably just look into putting on the Gold shafts I have here instead and run limiters. I never broke anything on my previous dex210s for shafts. They have been pretty durable cars.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #189
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyche View Post
I got my DEX210F completely rebuilt today and put it on the scales for curiosity's sake. 1645g ready to run, just 9g heavier than my DEX210V3. Much lighter than expected!
My 210V3 weighs identical to yours when its race ready.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #190
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Shaft drive cars always give the feel of faster acceleration or more punchy feel IMO. Not really faster but just a overall different feel.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #191
Tech Legend

if thats the case, I can say for sure it diff feel like more punch for sure.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:31 PM   #192
Tech Legend

something to watch for as a tip. I noticed I had a lot of "rock" on the spur gear versus when the wheels would move, like almost a half turn. I took apart the rear assembly and saw that the set screw in the diff case had loosed and spun enough that it slightly wore plastic into the set screw. I put in a new set screw and a bunch more loctite and all was good.

So keep any eye on this as you can't see the set screw directly unless you open up the case.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #193
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone only using two gears in the diff? If so can you explain any difference you've notice? I am guessing this is done to decrease drag on the drive train but correct me if I'm wrong.
SC10
Losi SCB
Just2much19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #194
Tech Adept

Also is everyone using the 7000cst in the diff?
SC10
Losi SCB
Old 04-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #195
Tech Adept

Finally finished he build, just waiting for the body to come back from the painter.

The weight, minus the body and wing, is 1553g with 14g added to the right side.

I used the B5 front axles, aluminum rear hexes and Lunsford Titanium B5M upper shock mounts.
SC10
Losi SCB

Last edited by Just2much19; 04-03-2016 at 09:43 PM.