Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread >

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 07:02 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

anyone got any more news on the exotek wing mounts a rumor was heard on?
Old 06-01-2016, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What's with the kits being back-ordered everywhere for so long?
Old 06-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Legend

don't know. I tried contacting some durango folks about it but no response on that. Could try hobbico to see what is going on but it doesn't help get an install base going if you don't have product out there to buy or a support structure communicating with everyone.

As for the wing mounts, looking more at the broken piece before chucking it in the garbage it appears they made the mount portion around the screw hole wayyy too thin. There is barely any material there. If they would beef up that area I think the wing mounts would be fine.

Sometimes testing should be done by those with the least driving skill and the most motor power lol.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Allrite gents... I got one of this backordered... until end of julyish. Im trying to figure what motor you guys running as far as turn. a 6.5T, 7.5T or 8.5T? I think I will stick with a tekin RSX ESC. I might pick a Maclan motor since I like my MR4 SCT motor. Also, what parts would be my problem child? I heard about the wing mount breaking. What else is weak in the kit? Would the exotek DEX410 12mm aluminum hexes fit the V5? thanks for the advise.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JRSlash
Allrite gents... I got one of this backordered... until end of julyish. Im trying to figure what motor you guys running as far as turn. a 6.5T, 7.5T or 8.5T? I think I will stick with a tekin RSX ESC. I might pick a Maclan motor since I like my MR4 SCT motor. Also, what parts would be my problem child? I heard about the wing mount breaking. What else is weak in the kit? Would the exotek DEX410 12mm aluminum hexes fit the V5? thanks for the advise.
I run the exotek 12mm hexes, no issues there. You will want from what I recall losi offset fronts and B5 rears, that is what i use for wheels.

For motor my impression is that whatever is "common" for your track the dex410v5 will work well on. I went with an 8.5 as another purchase came with that and I liked the feel for where I got to run the vehicle. However, that was in comparison to someone else running an 8.5 in the D413 or whatever its called.

For the wing mounts, definitely do the epoxy that Laker67 mentions as the area that breaks is so thin I would bet that is where the problem is. You could pickup a spare wing mount set, be prepared though that since part trees rule the roost at TD it won't be cheap when you really just want that one part. I'd keep an eye out for exoteks offering for sure.

Next, I would pickup extra set of front and rear shock shafts. I would also buy the Intech version of the ball ends as if you snap a shaft, most likely it will be the threads that break and it lodges itself into the ball end. And of course, the ball end is on a parts tree that is $$$$ and only comes with 2 of that part from what I recall. For less money you get like 4 of that part only from Intech, and it looks exactly the same.

ebay is a great place to find the rear shafts dirt cheap. I got a few sets from there but from what I have heard you can use with some limiting the previous version shafts that have titanium versions available.

From there, I would say the standard stuff. I would also see about Mckune (ordered these as I heard they are similar to RC Shox) or RCShox (I have these) slipper pads, really impressed with these.

Also, keep in mind that the dex410v5 has limited servo space so a servo like the Futaba S9372sv (I think that is its designation) will not work correctly as both the mount needs to be trimmed and the servo horn is not the right length.

I also have mine setup with the ESC behind the motor (running shorty setup), I liked how it felt like that and moved the other electronics centerline on the car.

Outside of that though, the vehicle is money. The times I have gotten to run it I have been quite happy with it. I wish wheeler was bigger around here, but I like it enough its been a keeper
Old 06-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks a lot Cain. I was looking into futaba servos as well but also looking into reedy servos and savox. Are the ball ends unique to the 410V5? I have a butt load of those since I used to own a V3, a 210 and ST210 and kept a lot of extra parts around. I will do some homework on the wing mount to get this thing solid. Wheeler is a big class in around three tracks around my area, one of them is a carpet track.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Hey JR, Cain hit the nail on the head with everything he recommended. The wing mounts are in stock at both Amain and tower. It's worth buying a few sets. Like he mentioned, I have been using 2 part epoxy and coating the outside of the wing mounts. Once it cures it makes the mounts 100% more durable. I'm going to make a step by step instruction on how I've been doing it and put it on the main page.

Also on the ball cups, they are the exact same that your already using on your other rangy cars. I've been using a savox 1258tg servo for a long time in my cars and they work great and fit very well. I'm going to be switching to xpert servos here soon. I've heard good things.

On the motor turns I run, I've been running the Maclan MRR 6.5 and 5.5 in my car. I think I've settled on the 5.5 for both dirt and carpet. With 10 degrees of timing in the endbell and unusually high gearing (87/22) for a 5.5 she comes off the track between 135 and 150 with a fan on it. I've been very happy with their motors.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

I know this is the V5 thread, but I was wondering if it shares the same rear arms as the privous versions ?
I have an older DEX410, not sure which V? It is, and is missing one left rear arm.

Any suggestions where to buy such spares in EU ?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-03-2016, 04:38 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shock Tower
I know this is the V5 thread, but I was wondering if it shares the same rear arms as the privous versions ?
I have an older DEX410, not sure which V? It is, and is missing one left rear arm.

Any suggestions where to buy such spares in EU ?

Thanks in advance
The v5 no longer uses the same arms as the older versions, it uses the same arms as the 210 now.

Can't help you specifically with where to buy in EU but if you check out this page, you may be able to get an idea of places to contact http://www.team-durango.com/where-to-buy.php
Old 06-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
anyone got any more news on the exotek wing mounts a rumor was heard on?
Silver prototype
Attached Thumbnails New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Heck yeah!!!! Bravo Exotek for supporting the Durango cars.... Im down for a set of those...
Old 06-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Silver prototype
Hell yeah!! I'm pumped to get some of these!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Tech Legend

+10000! How much its looking like and how much longer?
Old 06-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Trying to use a spektrum 6040 servo and my link arm is not straight across at all. Am I doing something wrong or should I be using a low profile servo?
Old 06-11-2016, 05:54 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeld2llio
Trying to use a spektrum 6040 servo and my link arm is not straight across at all. Am I doing something wrong or should I be using a low profile servo?
I'm not aware of the 6040 dimensions but are you using the rubber grommets?
Adding a spacer might straighten it out for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.