Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know what 12mm hex wheels are the correct offset for front and rear?
Old 02-16-2016, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Honestly, having both types of center setups (Slipper & GD)… why on earth would anyone WANT to eliminate slip completely? A slipper is essential whether on dirt, clay or carpet. How much slip will depend on which surface type you will be running on.

Center Gear Diffs make a car overtly twitchy, offering On/Off power only, whereas fine-tuning a slipper will allow for smooth delivery of power in the most efficient manor.

A pro-driver buddy of mine used to run a 44.2 and he was constantly stripping gears and couldn't figure out why until luckily, at a JConcepts sponsored race, the man himself Jason Ruona asked to check out his car and he immediately noticed the slipper was being locked out and explained the reasoning behind wanting a slipper. Having run a slipper myself since the very first stealth tranny almost 25 years ago, it was common knowledge to me, but to my buddy it was news because the common belief among many drivers was to lock out the slipper for superior performance. To his surprise, the slip Jason dialed into his car actually improved his 44.2's performance and he didn't break another gear the rest of the event and came out the victor.

Now, fast forward a year and the D413 began the trend of the center Gear Diff in 1/10 wheelers and everyone believed that because Tessman won the championship that year, the Center GD was the superior system and Torrence himself was promoting it as such. Seeing the masses gobble this up, most other top manufacturers began developing their wheelers with Center Gear Diffs only to see HB begin to develop a slipper at the end of 2015. Doesn't that set off a bell that perhaps a slipper is an essential component for a wheeler?

Now the 410v5 combines both the Center Gear Diff and Slipper to offer the best of both worlds, but the car is so new there is insufficient information to gauge how well this new system works just yet. I for one am extremely curious to learn how well it works, but I am doubtful locking out the slipper altogether is the way to go.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hi guys does the kit come with the big bore shocks just looking at the set up sheets they list small bore and big bore cheers
Old 02-16-2016, 02:28 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gavaust
hi guys does the kit come with the big bore shocks just looking at the set up sheets they list small bore and big bore cheers
Comes with big bores, small bore is an option
Old 02-16-2016, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ekt
Comes with big bores, small bore is an option
cheers mate hopefully they will arrive here in Aus soon

Last edited by gavaust; 02-16-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:43 PM
psl
Tech Adept

When I used the diff locker it was with my desc410. I went away from the slipper to the center diff. That seemed to settle the rear end down. With my v4, which had the center slipper, I just kept adjusting as needed to settle the rear end down. I did find out what happens when I went a little to loose on slipper. That is why I always carried an extra spur gear.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus

Now the 410v5 combines both the Center Gear Diff and Slipper to offer the best of both worlds, but the car is so new there is insufficient information to gauge how well this new system works just yet. I for one am extremely curious to learn how well it works, but I am doubtful locking out the slipper altogether is the way to go.
If its anything like the Slipperrential that RC Monster has offered for years now for 1/8 racing, it will give you the benefits of a slipper and a gear diff at the same time.

To be honest, you could also kind of see this as well when using the Tekno Traktion Drive on an 1/8 Ebuggy. Makes it easier to drive especially on loose stuff.

As for why people would lock out slippers, at least from what I saw, it was the slipper fade on really high traction surfaces that was a problem in my opinion. I noticed that with my DEX210 using both durango pads and AE HD pads. This only went away when I tried the RC Shox garolite discs. Now, I use a slipper eliminator but to be honest I couldn't really tell a difference. Garolites were that good and no fade.

One vehicle that benefited from a center "diff" over a standard slipper setup was the SC10 4x4. vehicle became like a totally different car when it had the RC Shox center diff, however mind you, that was not a fluid filled gear diff.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

any one who has them in stock tower have sold out
Old 02-17-2016, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If your Slipper has excessive slip something is wrong. As with any slipper pads, they glaze over from me to time and you're better served to either replace them with fresh ones and clean off the slipper plates WELL to ensure you remove any glazing of of there as well.

If there is no glazing your slipper should behave quite well and limit slipping according to how much you've dialed in/out. For certain, locking out a slipper is not the best course of action. Having said that, it would be nice to have a more advanced slipper system in any car rather than the dated 2 pad system like on the 410, but it still works quite well in my experience. I have never melted a spur on any car, ever. Maybe I'm lucky?
Old 02-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Wouldn't reducing the punch on the esc or setting up a curve for the throttle like we do for sct where there is no slipper be a more consistent way to control traction than pads that fade? I've never driven a 4x4 buggy so I'm just trying to apply what I know from my experience with the sc10 4x4 and my teknos. What would make a buggy different?
Old 02-18-2016, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

So has anyone got there V5 yet. Mines due in today or tomorrow. Wondering how the build was and if there has been any track time yet?
Old 02-18-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Just a little tip for everyone, the instruction manual shows how to build the car with the included front rollbar.

Don't feel the need to always run the front rollbar. I actually very rarely use a front rollbar, even on high traction tracks.

If you feel the car is lacking a bit of positivity with steering then remove the front rollbar and you'll get exactly what you're looking for.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:10 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

good info!

getting the bug again for a wheeler lol.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gavaust
any one who has them in stock tower have sold out
Amain is showing 1 instock currently
Old 02-18-2016, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Really considering the V5 and V3 but there is no support here in WI. What extras should I order if I pull the trigger on these kits?

Last edited by jbrook; 02-19-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.