Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Does anyone know of any wheels that are compatible?
DE makes their speedline wheels specifically for the Durango cars. But if your going to run the 12mm hexes, the b44 wheels felt like they made the front of the car to narrow, and 22-4 wheels made it a little wider then stock. I'm going to try the Kyosho wheels DE makes when I make the switch to 12mm and see how that goes next.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

what hex were you using Laker67? Stock or something else up front?
Old 02-26-2016, 06:25 PM
Tech Legend

Exotek mentioned this when asked on the DEX410 in general:

D413 or 22-4 wheels are the way to go
When you said wider with the 22-4 wheels, how much wider, like not legal wider?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

No, I don't think it's illegal. Just noticeablely wider they the stock wheels in the front. In the rear I think they're about the same width. I'll mess around with it this weekend and measure it up and see if my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

I have an old sent of the Tresery clamping 14mm hexes that I've been moving from car to car. I'm thinking about making the permanent switch to the 12mm hex thing though. It's just been tough since I still have a lot of good tires on 14mm hex wheels.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:44 AM
Tech Legend

yeah I know the feeling on wheels. If the wheels and tire sets that I have were in white, I probably would have stuck with the 14mm setup. I decided to keep a bunch though and let one of my durangos be a loner car. still trying to decide if that will be the plan b dex210, or, that extra dex210v2 I have here as I want to give an honest try with the dex210F outdoors and I don't really have the kids or wife coming along as much as I would like.

I went with B5 style rims on the rear for the dex210 since that is what exotek mentions. So I am assuming at least on the rear those will still be fine like what you are seeing.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool Cool

Originally Posted by PIHGUAM1
The plastic diff gears hold up well. Never had an issue. But I have noticed a slight wear on the plastic gear pins. Nothing real major. But something to check with each dif rebuild while you have them apart. If the pin starts to groove they should be changed.
Appreciate the feedback. I did have to order the fluids after all along with some extra spares being many tracks don't stock needed Durango parts. Started the build going with the shorty setup. I think Durango should have mentioned the included aluminum servo saver now I have a extra 1.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Did anyone have issues with building the center dif? I literally had to hammer the gear on the output shaft it was so tight.

Also didn't like the instruction manual in the build sequence. Nor the fact they listed wrong part numbers in some areas.

One more item to mention, when you build this kit, you are left with a bunch of left over parts that look like they belong to the DEX210.

This is definetly not what i have experienced before with the last 5 TD kits i have built.

I am looking forward to seeing how it petforms. If it does better then my V4, i will be smiling ear to ear at the top of the podium. :-)
Old 02-28-2016, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Did anyone have issues with building the center dif? I literally had to hammer the gear on the output shaft it was so tight.

Also didn't like the instruction manual in the build sequence. Nor the fact they listed wrong part numbers in some areas.

One more item to mention, when you build this kit, you are left with a bunch of left over parts that look like they belong to the DEX210.

This is definetly not what i have experienced before with the last 5 TD kits i have built.

I am looking forward to seeing how it petforms. If it does better then my V4, i will be smiling ear to ear at the top of the podium. :-)
This problem with the tight fit of the gear in the out drive shaft was already on some of the previus 410 models, i think, sometimes is a little bit more material on the shaft from the hard coating!?
You could slitly sand the hexagon or mostly it's only needed to sand the edges.

Hope that helps?
Old 02-28-2016, 07:37 AM
Tech Legend

the dex210F I had came with a variety of part trees and parts that I am assuming are the dex410 that didn't get used on the dex210F. I am assuming the same will happen too with dex410V5.

Personally hate parts trees, but it is what it is.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micholix
This problem with the tight fit of the gear in the out drive shaft was already on some of the previus 410 models, i think, sometimes is a little bit more material on the shaft from the hard coating!?
You could slitly sand the hexagon or mostly it's only needed to sand the edges.

Hope that helps?
This needs to be a sticky on the first post. This was an issue way back with the DESC410R many, many moons ago. Never force on the gear on the input shaft, you'll absolutely never get them back apart. I've had to painstakingly dremel away the diff cup in order to separate the gear and shaft back on the SC. The solution is indeed to sand the hex evenly till the gear smoothly slides on/off. This makes sense as the center diff is reused from the DESC410R.

As far as the wrong part numbers, the only one so far that got me, was the rear hub spacers. They listed a part# that doesn't exist, so I was chasing the parts for a bit, before finding them. While building, I had my phone to the side, and was googling part# just to see what they looked like, to make tracking them down easier.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

I also never found the spacers that go under the ball studs on the steering hubs. I ended up using a 2mm spacer, as that looked close to what was in the manual.

As for the the center dif, looks like I'll be buying some new parts when it wears out as that gear in the housing is never going to come off.

Did anyone cut down the velcro straps? Their long enough to run 3s batteries. I hope there is an aftermarket battery hold down available soon as the batteries seem to slide around a bit.

Not really enjoying criticising this kit, as I really like the TD product.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Tech Legend

I also never found the spacers that go under the ball studs on the steering hubs. I ended up using a 2mm spacer, as that looked close to what was in the manual.

As for the the center dif, looks like I'll be buying some new parts when it wears out as that gear in the housing is never going to come off.

Did anyone cut down the velcro straps? Their long enough to run 3s batteries. I hope there is an aftermarket battery hold down available soon as the batteries seem to slide around a bit.

Not really enjoying criticising this kit, as I really like the TD product.
Nothing wrong stating the issues. Only way to get some push on fixing things is an open discussion on what is found.

I would even say give Travis an email too, maybe he can push more on things. The email I got from him seemed like he is genuinely helpful.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Peanut is a really nice guy. Met him at Reedy Race of Champions. Always willing to help and share his knowledge.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:19 AM
Tech Legend

cool. I'd say lets build a list of known issues and send.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'm coming from the D413. I have a v5 kit sitting on my bench and will probably build it this weekend.

I love the 3 diff setup in the HB car since it drives so similar to my 1/8 ebuggy. Does the new TD center diff give the same feeling? Anyone have experience with both that can compare the way the 2 drive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.