Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Hey guys, if your looking to take the flex out of your car I used to use these:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCCGB&P=ML

Tower only had the left ones in stock but it's cheap and you might be able to find the right ones on another site. I know they will work on the V5 but I only used them on my v4 to run carpet. Hopefully this helps.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Wow, that is a realy good price!

I was searching for those, but here in euope, i did not find a shop, that sells them under € 50.- each, some wants € 65.- for one side, so desided not to get them and make my own...
Old 01-17-2017, 02:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cain
But, with whatever is going on with durango, not sure what we will see, if anything.
Hi Cain have you got news about the future of Durango ?
Old 01-17-2017, 07:01 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan_r
When setting up my V5 for the initial run, I went back and read through this thread. Back when Team drivers used to comment and give tips. I remembered one of them talking about all the work they put into the rear end, to optimize the use of saddle packs. So that's what I started out with, front motor, saddle pack arrangement. VERY different than how my B44.3 is set up. And that car is dialed. So I'm not sure what to expect with this car when I take it out. It feels so much more substantial than the 44.3. We'll see.
Heck, the car feels excellen here with the shorty setup I am using with the ESC behind the motor. I think they have a really nice car here with a few tweaks that if they did say a V2 of, would be great:

- Add alloy rear wing mount or do a better mount
- Alloy 12mm hexes (sorry, the plastic ones suck)
- Cut that lip on the on the motor cam
- fix the issue front and rear with the shock shafts, and maybe go the gold shart route out of the box
- Do alloy lower shock caps and spring tension adjusters out of the box
- include a one piece servo mount system

Those are just a few things that popped in my head that I would love to see on the next car. But with Durango, who knows ...

Originally Posted by Laker67
Hey guys, if your looking to take the flex out of your car I used to use these:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCCGB&P=ML

Tower only had the left ones in stock but it's cheap and you might be able to find the right ones on another site. I know they will work on the V5 but I only used them on my v4 to run carpet. Hopefully this helps.
Cool. yeah they should work. Only reason I see as to why they didn't pop up as compatible on durango's site is they are discontinued I think. RC Waffle had the right piece as recent as beginning of january.

Originally Posted by Kurtracing
Hi Cain have you got news about the future of Durango ?
Sorry no. Few people I tried reaching out to know nothing on what is up with them. With the whole "silly season" come and past and nothing from durango on racing, to be honest I am not sure what is going to happen for the company.

A shame as durango at one point was known for racing, like having one was kind of like a status symbol at times. Sure they could have issues, but you knew it was known as a race vehicle. Now, I don't know. The dex410v5 and dex210F make me thing of someone making an awesome race car then firing all your drivers who would have wheeled it, and then acting surprised that no one really knows about it.

damn sad ...
Old 01-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Sorry no. Few people I tried reaching out to know nothing on what is up with them. With the whole "silly season" come and past and nothing from durango on racing, to be honest I am not sure what is going to happen for the company.

A shame as durango at one point was known for racing, like having one was kind of like a status symbol at times. Sure they could have issues, but you knew it was known as a race vehicle. Now, I don't know. The dex410v5 and dex210F make me thing of someone making an awesome race car then firing all your drivers who would have wheeled it, and then acting surprised that no one really knows about it.

damn sad ...
Yes I'm sad too I love the V5 and the F they are great car. I hope Durango continu to exist
Old 01-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Tech Legend

So I need some advice guys and gals. I got a whopping $12 in E-cash burning a whole in my pocket and priced out the slipper setup for the dex410v5 with that and the $15 members savings at about $81 . I am trying to decide is it worth $81.

I run carpet right now in kind of a spec class, 13.5 . I would use this also with mckune pads to cut down or out any fade.

I guess I am trying to still wrap my head around how is a slipper better on carpet. I can see weight savings over the slipper diff setup for sure, but curious outside of that.

Too bad tower doesnt' carry exotek I could see about doing the wing mounts lol.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's my experience that a slipper is better… ALWAYS!

However, the V5 has a Gear Diff with a slipper but since I've never run a V5 I have no clue how the system works, but I suspect you could dial in slip as needed without having to spend any additional money for the slipper.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

To each there own, In mod I prefer a center diff 125k and Exotek lock. No need for the slipper with a center diff. If I was running a spec class and wt. came into play I would probably run the slipper.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

More activity here than 210f.
Need some help...
Trying to get the gear out of the end of the diff that is deep. Any tricks??

Want to clean it out...

Thanks
Edit: never mind. Hit case against workbench on towel and it finally came out. Woohoo!!

Last edited by WallyRC; 01-21-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Small allen wrench at an angle through the slit that goes all the way to the bottom of the diff to wedge it out or angled tweezers.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I got my car used but it came with a plastic piece that looks something like the one on the left in this picture. It locks the center diff down so you can use only the stock slipper.

So I need some advice guys and gals. I got a whopping $12 in E-cash burning a whole in my pocket and priced out the slipper setup for the dex410v5 with that and the $15 members savings at about $81 . I am trying to decide is it worth $81.

I run carpet right now in kind of a spec class, 13.5 . I would use this also with mckune pads to cut down or out any fade.

I guess I am trying to still wrap my head around how is a slipper better on carpet. I can see weight savings over the slipper diff setup for sure, but curious outside of that.

Too bad tower doesnt' carry exotek I could see about doing the wing mounts lol.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daedalus
Small allen wrench at an angle through the slit that goes all the way to the bottom of the diff to wedge it out or angled tweezers.
Thanks so much!!
Old 01-22-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by WallyRC
More activity here than 210f.
Need some help...
Trying to get the gear out of the end of the diff that is deep. Any tricks??

Want to clean it out...

Thanks
Edit: never mind. Hit case against workbench on towel and it finally came out. Woohoo!!
you kit the case side where the gear sit in and then it came out? Man mine must really be wedge in there as I used a punch of sort for the other "cover" side and that worked, but I don't see how that would work on the case side with that C clip thing if I am seeing stuff correctly.

Originally Posted by joeld2llio
I got my car used but it came with a plastic piece that looks something like the one on the left in this picture. It locks the center diff down so you can use only the stock slipper.

I got both the alloy one and the plastic one,I wonder which is better and why? do the plastic ones have issues?
Old 01-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Tech Legend

So anything new anyone?

Last edited by Cain; 01-23-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Cain,

I wrote with Chris Doughty a fiew weeks ago and we wrote about the lock piece too, he mentioned to use the metal one, instead of the kit plastic one!

i'm on some second hand aloy side pots right now, so may not in the need, to make the cf side rails i have planed for my v5!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.