Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Alan,

i do use the drive shaft boots on my wheeler since the beginning as i'm able to put some grease on the CVD's and not getting dirt on/in them, always thought about getting the shock boots too, as our track was dirt, mixed with sand and some stones, but they went to astro last year, so may not needed here anymore!?

From what i heared of some People that used the shock boots, they made a little hole in them to let the air breath in and out and get a equal shock action...
Old 01-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

i realy wish, TD would release some Tuning parts for the v5 to change chassis stiffenens, or better, to change the amount of chassis flex, i will try to do some cf parts, made from 4 mm cf...
Attached Thumbnails New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread-wp_20170114_13_17_37_pro.jpg  

Last edited by micholix; 01-15-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by micholix
i realy wish, TD would release some Tuning parts for the v5 to change chassis stiffenens, or better, to change the amount of chassis flex, i will try to do some cf parts, made from 4 mm cf...
how can you change chassis flex with the parts included in the kit please? Would you please explain how to do it?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

I do not want chassis flex at all, so no matter for me!
You may can leave the on or other screw out, to gain flex on different points, maybe i ad some more screw holes into the side rails and the chassis, to play arround with that!?

Edit: you cant change flex at all, with the included parts, thats the problem i have with...
Old 01-16-2017, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

I do not want chassis flex at all, so no matter for me!
You may can leave the on or other screw out, to gain flex on different points, maybe i ad some more screw holes into the side rails and the chassis, to play arround with that!?

Edit: you cant change flex at all, with the included parts, thats the problem i have with...
I just sent you a private message. Thanks for let me know
Old 01-16-2017, 06:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

that center brace thing in your pic that would be something that I think could be designed to help stiffen stuff up.

But, with whatever is going on with durango, not sure what we will see, if anything.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pittster
Alan_r I have used the shock boots for years now and they do help stop ingress of dirt into the shocks my only issue is they dont last long enough they tend to tear and rip within a couple of race meets any way.

I know just rebuild my shocks more often to compensate for no shock boot's

driveshafts boots etc I found less useful
No kidding, I wonder what is tearing them up? The boots on the 1/8 stuff seems to last a long time, as do the boots on my SC10 4x4. Come to think of it, I can't really remember ever replacing one due to anything other than drying out and cracking, and that was on an older truck. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Alan,

i do use the drive shaft boots on my wheeler since the beginning as i'm able to put some grease on the CVD's and not getting dirt on/in them, always thought about getting the shock boots too, as our track was dirt, mixed with sand and some stones, but they went to astro last year, so may not needed here anymore!?

From what i heared of some People that used the shock boots, they made a little hole in them to let the air breath in and out and get a equal shock action...
Good to hear, that's exactly why I wanted to use them. I find myself constantly rebuilding my cvd's because I run them greased. I have found them to bind when dry. But that grease is a dirt magnet. When I saw those boots, big bright light in the sky came on.....
Old 01-16-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Boots:

TD330017 rear shock boot
TD330018 front shock boot

TD310022 driveshaft boot
TD310023 wheel axle boot

TD310039 gearbox set that includes parts for boots.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Alan, the wheel axle boots where designed for the older rear axles, not sure, they fit over the new multi axles anymore, the multi axles are a bit bigger in outer diameter i think, but they could, as the material is very soft!?
I'll check that for you and messure both, the older and the new rear axles...

Edit: the older axles have 10 mm and the new multi axles have 12 mm in outer diameter, i think they fit over the new one too!

Edit2: the plastic parts for the gear box out drives should have been in your kit?
Old 01-16-2017, 10:45 AM
Tech Legend

anyone else here running a shorty setup?
Old 01-16-2017, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run shorty!
Old 01-16-2017, 11:08 AM
Tech Legend

cool. be good to have someone to bounce some setup ideas back and forth on.

I think the big thing I am debating is trying a slightly more stiff setup with sway bars all around. Not sure yet though. The car is probably the best handling of the vehicles I have, but, at times I feel like I need a bit more out of it so I am thinking of going to a setup that is a bit more responsive.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Alan, the wheel axle boots where designed for the older rear axles, not sure, they fit over the new multi axles anymore, the multi axles are a bit bigger in outer diameter i think, but they could, as the material is very soft!?
I'll check that for you and messure both, the older and the new rear axles...

Edit: the older axles have 10 mm and the new multi axles have 12 mm in outer diameter, i think they fit over the new one too!

Edit2: the plastic parts for the gear box out drives should have been in your kit?
Yes, they come in the kit, I just wanted to post all the required part numbers that Cain and asked for. It's all on the TD site, but it's nice to be able to reference it here.

As far as the boots, I know this is the V5 thread, but I picked them up for all the cars I have, most of which don't have the multi axle. If you look back to the RTR SC, ST and DEXV1, they show the boots being installed by the factory. It's only the race kits that didn't come with them.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cain
anyone else here running a shorty setup?
When setting up my V5 for the initial run, I went back and read through this thread. Back when Team drivers used to comment and give tips. I remembered one of them talking about all the work they put into the rear end, to optimize the use of saddle packs. So that's what I started out with, front motor, saddle pack arrangement. VERY different than how my B44.3 is set up. And that car is dialed. So I'm not sure what to expect with this car when I take it out. It feels so much more substantial than the 44.3. We'll see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.