R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree11Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #526
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 591
Default

Hi Alan,

i do use the drive shaft boots on my wheeler since the beginning as i'm able to put some grease on the CVD's and not getting dirt on/in them, always thought about getting the shock boots too, as our track was dirt, mixed with sand and some stones, but they went to astro last year, so may not needed here anymore!?

From what i heared of some People that used the shock boots, they made a little hole in them to let the air breath in and out and get a equal shock action...
__________________
Greetings from Austria

Cat K2 / DEX410V3 / DEX410V5 / DEX210 / DEX210F / Cougar SVR /
YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
micholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #527
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 591
Default

i realy wish, TD would release some Tuning parts for the v5 to change chassis stiffenens, or better, to change the amount of chassis flex, i will try to do some cf parts, made from 4 mm cf...
Attached Thumbnails
New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread-wp_20170114_13_17_37_pro.jpg  
__________________
Greetings from Austria

Cat K2 / DEX410V3 / DEX410V5 / DEX210 / DEX210F / Cougar SVR /
YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R

Last edited by micholix; 01-15-2017 at 11:59 PM.
micholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:21 AM   #528
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
i realy wish, TD would release some Tuning parts for the v5 to change chassis stiffenens, or better, to change the amount of chassis flex, i will try to do some cf parts, made from 4 mm cf...
how can you change chassis flex with the parts included in the kit please? Would you please explain how to do it?
lynx75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:28 AM   #529
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 591
Default

I do not want chassis flex at all, so no matter for me!
You may can leave the on or other screw out, to gain flex on different points, maybe i ad some more screw holes into the side rails and the chassis, to play arround with that!?

Edit: you cant change flex at all, with the included parts, thats the problem i have with...
__________________
Greetings from Austria

Cat K2 / DEX410V3 / DEX410V5 / DEX210 / DEX210F / Cougar SVR /
YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
micholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:50 AM   #530
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
I do not want chassis flex at all, so no matter for me!
You may can leave the on or other screw out, to gain flex on different points, maybe i ad some more screw holes into the side rails and the chassis, to play arround with that!?

Edit: you cant change flex at all, with the included parts, thats the problem i have with...
I just sent you a private message. Thanks for let me know
lynx75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #531
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 28,756
Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)
Default

that center brace thing in your pic that would be something that I think could be designed to help stiffen stuff up.

But, with whatever is going on with durango, not sure what we will see, if anything.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno SCT410.3 x 2 |HB Racing D413 x 2 | Tekno EB48SL x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:54 AM   #532
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittster View Post
Alan_r I have used the shock boots for years now and they do help stop ingress of dirt into the shocks my only issue is they dont last long enough they tend to tear and rip within a couple of race meets any way.

I know just rebuild my shocks more often to compensate for no shock boot's

driveshafts boots etc I found less useful
No kidding, I wonder what is tearing them up? The boots on the 1/8 stuff seems to last a long time, as do the boots on my SC10 4x4. Come to think of it, I can't really remember ever replacing one due to anything other than drying out and cracking, and that was on an older truck. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #533
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
Hi Alan,

i do use the drive shaft boots on my wheeler since the beginning as i'm able to put some grease on the CVD's and not getting dirt on/in them, always thought about getting the shock boots too, as our track was dirt, mixed with sand and some stones, but they went to astro last year, so may not needed here anymore!?

From what i heared of some People that used the shock boots, they made a little hole in them to let the air breath in and out and get a equal shock action...
Good to hear, that's exactly why I wanted to use them. I find myself constantly rebuilding my cvd's because I run them greased. I have found them to bind when dry. But that grease is a dirt magnet. When I saw those boots, big bright light in the sky came on.....
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #534
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 709
Default

Boots:

TD330017 rear shock boot
TD330018 front shock boot

TD310022 driveshaft boot
TD310023 wheel axle boot

TD310039 gearbox set that includes parts for boots.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #535
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 591
Default

Alan, the wheel axle boots where designed for the older rear axles, not sure, they fit over the new multi axles anymore, the multi axles are a bit bigger in outer diameter i think, but they could, as the material is very soft!?
I'll check that for you and messure both, the older and the new rear axles...

Edit: the older axles have 10 mm and the new multi axles have 12 mm in outer diameter, i think they fit over the new one too!

Edit2: the plastic parts for the gear box out drives should have been in your kit?
__________________
Greetings from Austria

Cat K2 / DEX410V3 / DEX410V5 / DEX210 / DEX210F / Cougar SVR /
YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
micholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #536
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 28,756
Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)
Default

anyone else here running a shorty setup?
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno SCT410.3 x 2 |HB Racing D413 x 2 | Tekno EB48SL x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #537
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I run shorty!
__________________
B64D | B6 | T5M | EB48.4 | Talion | EMB-TGH | Sakura Advance
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #538
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 28,756
Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)
Default

cool. be good to have someone to bounce some setup ideas back and forth on.

I think the big thing I am debating is trying a slightly more stiff setup with sway bars all around. Not sure yet though. The car is probably the best handling of the vehicles I have, but, at times I feel like I need a bit more out of it so I am thinking of going to a setup that is a bit more responsive.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno SCT410.3 x 2 |HB Racing D413 x 2 | Tekno EB48SL x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2>
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #539
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
Alan, the wheel axle boots where designed for the older rear axles, not sure, they fit over the new multi axles anymore, the multi axles are a bit bigger in outer diameter i think, but they could, as the material is very soft!?
I'll check that for you and messure both, the older and the new rear axles...

Edit: the older axles have 10 mm and the new multi axles have 12 mm in outer diameter, i think they fit over the new one too!

Edit2: the plastic parts for the gear box out drives should have been in your kit?
Yes, they come in the kit, I just wanted to post all the required part numbers that Cain and asked for. It's all on the TD site, but it's nice to be able to reference it here.

As far as the boots, I know this is the V5 thread, but I picked them up for all the cars I have, most of which don't have the multi axle. If you look back to the RTR SC, ST and DEXV1, they show the boots being installed by the factory. It's only the race kits that didn't come with them.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #540
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South East US
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
anyone else here running a shorty setup?
When setting up my V5 for the initial run, I went back and read through this thread. Back when Team drivers used to comment and give tips. I remembered one of them talking about all the work they put into the rear end, to optimize the use of saddle packs. So that's what I started out with, front motor, saddle pack arrangement. VERY different than how my B44.3 is set up. And that car is dialed. So I'm not sure what to expect with this car when I take it out. It feels so much more substantial than the 44.3. We'll see.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net