R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree11Likes

Old 12-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #436
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)

thanks! was a fun race. The vehicle worked quite well and was a pretty easy drive. Actually probably the easiest of the vehicles to drive I had that day.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:50 AM   #437
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
Hi everyone,

I just want to ask, if someone knows, to witch brand Travis Amezcua (Peanut) switched, or what he is doing now?
I think that he does not have a chassis sponsor yet but runs for HOBBICO which he can run whatever chassis they distribute...
Dialed-RC Hobbies (www.dialedhobbies.com), SOAR Seiki USA
Bellgate Distributor (www.bellgatedistributor.com), PR Racing USA
JRSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #438
Tech Legend

any of you guys running a fan, if so, can you post pics of your fan setup?
Old 12-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #439
Tech Initiate

To finish first, one must first finish! Good job Cain!
Spikesef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:39 AM   #440
Tech Legend

Thanks!

with the designs coming out for 1/10 4wd e buggy, I am curious what advantages or dissadvantages will be seen with the durango design. I like how the electronics like the servo are aligned to the center. I run my ESC behind the motor, and my other electronics under the drive shaft. Other designs have the Esc balancing out the servo and receiver, but I wonder about weight bias as it related to the motor versus battery.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #441
Tech Addict

I think, Durango did find a great way, positioning the steering servo at this place and it's still a great inovation!
I think too, if the servo is on the motor-, or on the battery side, like on newer shaft driven wheelers, you cant find a good diagonal weight distribution, ok, you can ad stick weights to reach that, but if you look at some belt driven cars, like the schumacher k2, or the yz-4, they are trying to put the servo as centered as possible, schumacher put it on the k2 underneth the front belt to reach that too.

One thing i dont like at the dex410v5 is, that the spur gear is that high, other manufacturers mill the chassis down, to bring the spur even further down and lower the center of gravity, everything else on the 410v5 i do like very much!

Just my thoughts.

Edit: what i realy like on the 410 too, is if you change the motor position, you only have to twist the gearboxes, by removing braces and not to disasamble nearly the hole gearbox...

Cat K2 / DEX410V3 / DEX410V5 / DEX210 / DEX210F / Cougar SVR /
YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
micholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:46 AM   #442
Tech Legend

yeah getting the the diffs is a really nice thing . I'll probalby be adding in the Exotek servo mount here soon.

Any of you guys lock up the center diff? How much "lock" do you see when running 1million weight oil there?
Old 12-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #443
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Thanks!

with the designs coming out for 1/10 4wd e buggy, I am curious what advantages or dissadvantages will be seen with the durango design. I like how the electronics like the servo are aligned to the center. I run my ESC behind the motor, and my other electronics under the drive shaft. Other designs have the Esc balancing out the servo and receiver, but I wonder about weight bias as it related to the motor versus battery.
I am wondering the same thing. Thanks to Fredswain I bought a set of 4 scales from harbor freight for 20 bucks each and they work very well when scaling my cars.
Spikesef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #444
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I was wondering if any of the aluminum front and rear gear box braces and bulkheads as well as the aluminum 2 piece sliding motor mount, bulkhead and center slipper/gear diff bulkhead will directly fit to the DESC410 rV2 line of 4wd sct.

Any help would be appreciated.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:37 AM   #445
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
I was wondering if any of the aluminum front and rear gear box braces and bulkheads as well as the aluminum 2 piece sliding motor mount, bulkhead and center slipper/gear diff bulkhead will directly fit to the DESC410 rV2 line of 4wd sct.

Any help would be appreciated.
The front of the dex410 from the original till the v5 is simular to the desc410 and interchangiable, but the rear of the dex410v5 is completly different now, it is now simular to the dex210f. I dont think it would work to fit that into the desc...
May you could make the motor mount and center asambling fit into the desc410, that could work with not much changes?

I have a dex410v5 on the way, so may i can testfit the new motor mounts on my desc410 and let you know.

PS.: Damn Parcel Service, they forgot to deliver my v5, it was coming into their storage at Dec. the 23rd at 5.50 am, only 15 km away from me and they forgot to put it into the truck, so i have to wait till tomorrow the 27th for delivery....

Cat K2 / DEX410V3 / DEX410V5 / DEX210 / DEX210F / Cougar SVR /
YZ-10 '94/'95 WCS/
Spectrum DX3R
micholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:04 AM   #446
Tech Addict

Quote:
yeah getting the the diffs is a really nice thing . I'll probalby be adding in the Exotek servo mount here soon.

Any of you guys lock up the center diff? How much "lock" do you see when running 1million weight oil there?
You know, I almost thought it was a typo when some of those guys wrote 1000000CSt for the center diff on their setup sheets. Front tire wear must he insane on those cars.

I noticed in the pictures that the spur gear sits high on the V5 chassis. When outfitting mine, I decided to try something. I don't usually run Team Orion gear. They are bar none the most expensive non custom equipment I've ever seen. But I bought an R10.1 Pro and VST2 XLW motor for the V5. The XLW motor actually has mounting holes that offer three different motor heights by way of a smaller can. It's a pretty ingenious idea. Basically if there is room, this motor will mount lower on the mount than say a comparable Tekin or LRP. I figured this may offset the difference on the V5, offering a lower CG. I just finished a restoration I was working on so I'm about to build the 410V5. I'll post up some pics of this new motor mounted up when I get there. They just dropped this motor on December 6th so it's pretty new. Definitely an interesting idea.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #447
Tech Legend

good stuff looking for to check it out.

I am watching tower right now to see if the dex410v5 drops in price a long with the rest of the Durango vehicles.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:02 PM   #448
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micholix View Post
The front of the dex410 from the original till the v5 is simular to the desc410 and interchangiable, but the rear of the dex410v5 is completly different now, it is now simular to the dex210f. I dont think it would work to fit that into the desc...
May you could make the motor mount and center asambling fit into the desc410, that could work with not much changes?

I have a dex410v5 on the way, so may i can testfit the new motor mounts on my desc410 and let you know.

PS.: Damn Parcel Service, they forgot to deliver my v5, it was coming into their storage at Dec. the 23rd at 5.50 am, only 15 km away from me and they forgot to put it into the truck, so i have to wait till tomorrow the 27th for delivery....
Sweet! That would be great as I would like to know if the DEX410 V5 2 piece motor mount and center gear diff/slippers bulkhead is a direct fit. Sounds like the front ends are really similar, thus I will wait for your thoughts after you test V5 motor mount and CD/S bulkhead brace with your DESC410.

Always stinks when delivery is delayed do to carrier messing up. Waiting for RC stuff to arrive always tests ones patience.

Thank you for your help
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #449
Tech Legend

Part of me would think at a minimum the holes that hold the mounts themselves for the center diff would be the same as the diff looks the same as the dex410v5 from what I recall, so same spacing. You may not have the outer hole position to the hold the mount, but with the standard 4 holes, that would probably be sufficient.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #450
Tech Addict

Quote:
good stuff looking for to check it out.

I am watching tower right now to see if the dex410v5 drops in price a long with the rest of the Durango vehicles.
They must have gotten some more kits in because the V5 was "unavailable" for a while too. It's also priced more than I think I paid. Who knows anymore man. I just bought a body on the DE version of eBay. Had fingers crossed that they would ship to the US. 40 shipping plus VAT which I didn't think I should pay. Most shops don't charge VAT when shipping to the US. $10 says that was just increased profit on a 19 bodyset. So just under 65 for a body. I suddenly find myself heavily invested in Durango bodies at the moment.

Last edited by Alan_r; 12-27-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote