Wiki Posts
Search

SH .21 Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default SH .21 Pro?

Has anyone used the SH .21 Pro engine? Is it a bottom end or top end motor? Any suggestions on a pipe? I normally use a RB S7 but don't have time to break in a new p/s so I bought a slightly used SH to try out for this weekend.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I ran one this summer. Got approx 7 gal through it before the front bearing started pissing on me. I ended up destroying the P/S when attempting to get it out cause the sleeve was wicked tight and I tried numerous methods to get it out. Nothing wa working, so I finally tried to force it out. I tried an O.S 2050 and didn't like it. Ended up sticking with a JP-1.All in all, I was very pleased with it.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm running this engine right now... You can't go wrong for the price, I doubt you can find anything comparable for $150US.

I think you'd want a low end pipe for this one, I'm running a midrange pipe and the starting torque leaves a lot to be desired. Also, I find that the engine likes to run hot, around 280 - 290°F during race conditions. I know that's very hot, but anything lower than that and the engine has very little performance. I've got about 2 - 3 gallons through mine and it still has tons of compression remaining.

I recently got a RB and put the SH in my truggy... You get what you pay for. The RB is truely an awesome engine but it costs the same as 2 SH engines.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks guys,
I just installed it yesterday and even though it was used it still had decent amount of compression. I am going to try it with my Sirio 2008 pipe first and then maybe a Jp-1 pipe if needed. It really only needs to get me through this weekend so even if I run it at 300f I don't care to much. I am good with clutch work so, if it lacks a little bottom end it will still feel ok, the s7 normally has a weak bottom end but with the right clutch and the sirio pipe it would feel like a p5 out of the hole. I guess a little track time will tell the tale of it. What glow plugs were you guys using?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got the RB WS7II X3 and heard the same things about it lacking some bottom end so I purchased a JP1. The engine has tons of bottom end and the top end is very good as well.

You might want to get a JP1 and use that, I've had good experiences with that pipe.