Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Absima Tr02 V2 utter rubbish

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 12:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Absima Tr02 V2 utter rubbish

Brought my lad his first kit for his birthday tomorrow, purchased it from model shop on flea pay paid £66 all in, not reading many reviews on this buggy I stupidly assumed the kit would be good as the others kits in the range seem to have good reviews.
Well my boys kit turned up today and opening the box tonight I'm not impressed what a lot of rubbish, the main polycarbonate body is cracked on its corner and the wing is snapped on its two corners all from just sitting in a box
[ATTACH]1341590[/ATTACH

Have this feeling I've just brought a pile of £66 worth of poor guality plastic kit, not sure if it's worth letting him build the kit and sell it off cheap and get a better quality kit. Waiting to hear from the seller on getting a replacement
To any one else thinking of getting this kit, the polycarbonate for the body and wing is supper thin and utter rubbish.
Attached Thumbnails Absima Tr02 V2 utter rubbish-image.jpg  
Old 01-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Tech Initiate

.Absima Tr02 V2 utter rubbish-image.jpg
Old 01-15-2016, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's not as bad as it seems.
The body and wing are poo but they are going to get trashed either way. Replacement clear body and wing are way more durable.
The diff spring is too soft and the slipper spring is too stiff, this means the diff screw is going to be tightened almost too much and will snap, don't tight all the way and it's fine. The slipper adjustment will be sensitive but it's almost set and forget so don't worry in the long term.
Other than that the kick up plates and upper plate were prone to break and also the T plate but modelsport uk says they are new/revised, I had the first version and it broke but took many head ons and crashes. Cool car for the money and a good start but a big brand car is surely way nicer in everything.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know what you expected for £66 but modelsport UK sells them for more than double that. I think you got your money's worth. The body and wing may very well have been damaged during shipping. Replacement bodies and wings aren't expensive for it, besides, if he's new to rc, the first wing and body won't last long anyways...hell the 2nd ones might not either. I run the same kit in the pro trim with additional upgrades and it's been very good to me, performance and durability wise.
Like 30 tooth said, tighten the diff and loosen the slipper accordingly. Also, do a once over with all the screws to make sure they're snug.
Like all RTR's they're all built on a line in a factory by people who work long hours for little pay. Chances are they didn't put the care in to it as one would when building their own kit.