Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Wink 1/10 Buggy

Hello,
I have very little experience with RC cars. I have a 1/18 crawler and a heavily modified 1/18 crawler, that is now a drift car in a bodged way. I am looking to get into RC cars properly. Can anyone suggest a good 1/10 4x4 shaft driven buggy?
I am looking for something that is relatively inexpensive, fast, easy to repair and that is good for a beginner, but with some upgrades is a very respectable car.
Thanks
Old 01-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

if you plan to bash go with something like a 4x4 sct. buggy will get pretty trashed off of a track.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I agree with Panda, if you are looking to bash, then a SCT is a good way to go. And if you insist new but decent price to start, I've seen quite a few people go with a DHK Hunter and be happy. Traxxas is solid too, but more pricey. And the AE SC trucks that are RTR seem to come out of the box decent and have endless local suppliers for parts.

If a Buggy is the way you want to go, the Bandit from Traxxas seems decent in price. I've run a B4.1 for years and although it's a discontinued model, it takes a beating and keeps going, so that platform would be a good choice IMO.

Originally Posted by zannu
Hello,
I have very little experience with RC cars. I have a 1/18 crawler and a heavily modified 1/18 crawler, that is now a drift car in a bodged way. I am looking to get into RC cars properly. Can anyone suggest a good 1/10 4x4 shaft driven buggy?
I am looking for something that is relatively inexpensive, fast, easy to repair and that is good for a beginner, but with some upgrades is a very respectable car.
Thanks
Old 01-03-2016, 01:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your input.
I would be happy buying second hand, I would just need to find a good deal somewhere.
I am not going to be racing this much, so if anyone could suggest more good SCT's that would be great.
Should I go with 2 or 4 WD? I have no real idea as to how well each handles.
I am just looking for something to get into off road bashing for under £200. I have also looked at other scales and I would be happy to look at them, I just want a fairly cheap entrance into the hobby.
Thanks again.

Last edited by zannu; 01-03-2016 at 01:39 AM.