New Associated sc 4x4 ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Associated sc 4x4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Iv been rebuilding my truck and gotta buy a few things but I plan on running at 405 as my home track as long as theres enough support for 4x4sct. Hopefully 2 or 3 weeks and will be running at 405.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

be cool to see AE put something out. with the new design they have for the 1/8 buggy, ifd they went the root similar that durango went they probably could make something fairly quickly. Heck, with some tooling you probably could make one out of the buggy.

Personally, for the good of the class part of me feels it needs a better entry point for speed. Having it be default mod with a variety of skill level guys can be a real challenge. Who knows, maybe it would see some benefit to say a 2500Kv Motor limit on 2S lipo. At those speeds, vehicles in this class these days could be near indestructable.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
be cool to see AE put something out. with the new design they have for the 1/8 buggy, ifd they went the root similar that durango went they probably could make something fairly quickly. Heck, with some tooling you probably could make one out of the buggy.

Personally, for the good of the class part of me feels it needs a better entry point for speed. Having it be default mod with a variety of skill level guys can be a real challenge. Who knows, maybe it would see some benefit to say a 2500Kv Motor limit on 2S lipo. At those speeds, vehicles in this class these days could be near indestructable.
Agree on all points.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Tech Legend

if you have an area open to it, to try the class suggestion I made actually would be cheap to do as a few manufacturers offer the motors in the kv rating i mentioned, and, one SkyRC, has the motor available for like $50. was thinking of grabbing one to just try out here as a swap-in newbie option.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Pm me on here a few days in advance when you decide to race. I'll try to make it there. I just need a transponder
Old 01-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cuebulon
Pm me on here a few days in advance when you decide to race. I'll try to make it there. I just need a transponder
Im in the same boat, gotta get a transponder. Sounds good!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tacobob89
Im in the same boat, gotta get a transponder. Sounds good!
Same boat as well I think SC 4x4 is adding more to the hobby and if you don't like it then guess what don't buy one and don't race in that class. Use that time to dial in for your next race
Old 01-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Legend

heck I may have a couple spare transponders here. If that would intrest you just pm me.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

The SC10 4x4 was such a failure of a car. Haha, But I think SCT in general is gonna be dead again soon. I see less and less every week at tracks. They are very fun outdoors though. I like the Tekno with Tekin power for 4x4 SCT even though I'm strictly Associated/Reedy with everything
Old 01-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Well at my local outdoor track during the last races of our season we had at least 6 4x4 sct's running and not everyone was there. Just depends on your local track I guess. I don't see why they'd die off. Its a good, fun class.

Taco, I may be able to get my brother to join us since he has a Team C sct. He will have to borrow a transponder of mine but we could at least get 4 people in that class. I may of talked a friend into joining in on the fun as well. Maybe, we can get that class going. I'd have to turn my truck WAAAAAY down though. Running a tekin 4600 in it lol.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cuebulon
Well at my local outdoor track during the last races of our season we had at least 6 4x4 sct's running and not everyone was there. Just depends on your local track I guess. I don't see why they'd die off. Its a good, fun class.

Taco, I may be able to get my brother to join us since he has a Team C sct. He will have to borrow a transponder of mine but we could at least get 4 people in that class. I may of talked a friend into joining in on the fun as well. Maybe, we can get that class going. I'd have to turn my truck WAAAAAY down though. Running a tekin 4600 in it lol.
Thats awesome! Man we are on the same page lol. All I need is a transponder, Ill be able to buy one 2 weeks from this thursday. Im runnin tekin 4600 as well.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

It's a great motor man. I need to know a few things. Is there a spec tire rule? How long do the races last and how much is it to sign up? I may go there and practice a little bit. Surely he allows practice with no transponder right?
Old 01-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im not sure on specifics, I havent raced at 405 yet I dont think they are too strict on tires.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

My cuz said he will allow you to RACE without a transponder but i dont uderstand that one. Im gonna pm u my cell so we can talk without hijacking this thread anymore lol. You text?
Old 01-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

yeah i do. good thing