R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Lipo fried question

I have no idea what I just did but I hooked up a trakpower saddle pack and a smc saddle pack to my hitec x2 charger to storage charge them. They were already charged up and I never used them this weekend so I wanted to get them back to 50% so I hooked them both up the same way. And when I went to check on them the trakpower was good but the smc said 4.9v on one cell ad 0.00 on the other now I can't do anything with it. The charger keeps saying invalid cell count and when I use a low voltage cutoff meter to check the voltage cell one flashes and says 0.00 and cell 2 says 7.87. An the total volt is 7.87. The only thing I can think of is I hooked up the balance plug wrong but you can charge a lipo without balancing it can't u? I never do but if I hooked it up wrong I wouldn't think it would matter. I also have he max charger set to 4.2 so Idk how it would have a cell at 4.9 or 7.87. But since it was storage charging (discharging since they were full) could it have drained one cell completely? This sucks.!!!! Any ideas?
Old 12-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Nevermind I figured it out. I switched the jumper wire between the 2 saddles to the one I used on the trakpower set and it's fine now. The smc jumper wire must have an issue with the balance connection. I'll have to pull it apart and do some soldering probably.