Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
INDONESIA 2006 IFMAR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1/8th buggy offroad august 28th-3rd September >

INDONESIA 2006 IFMAR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1/8th buggy offroad august 28th-3rd September

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INDONESIA 2006 IFMAR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1/8th buggy offroad august 28th-3rd September

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default INDONESIA 2006 IFMAR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1/8th buggy offroad august 28th-3rd September

Some words from the organizer

First of all we would like to express our great appreciation for supporting the event that will be held in our country, Indonesia. The event will be held in the capital city of Indonesia, Jakarta from August 28th to September 3rd, 2006. The track is located in northern part of Jakarta inside a theme park called Taman Impian Jaya Ancol, literally translated to Great Ancol Dream Land. It is a closed complex iffering some attractions similiar to Disney Land in some other countries. The entrance will only be possible through a designated gate, the official at the entrance gate will search people's belongings and vehicles that want to go inside the theme park.

For accommodation, we are suggesting to stay in either 2 International hotels wich are located inside the complex. The hotels are Radison and Mercure. Transportation will be provided by the hotels to and from the track. It will take about 5 minutes to reach the track from the hotels. In addition for lesure time outside the event, there are several attraction points inside the complex, such as HAI LAI International Night Club, COPACABANA Spa massage & relaxing service, SEA WORLD, some good seafood restaurants, walks beside beach for relaxing, art shops, water parks including swimming pool and other water playing attraction, DUNIA FANTASI (translated to FANTASY WORLD) amusement park like Disney Land, and much more. For any drivers who wish to go outside the complex, we could arrange a trip by bus to see more attraction outside the complex and these trips would include a tour guide.

At the time of the event, we propose to provide military and police to safeguard the surroundings. Actually it is not neccessary because the track is located in a closed complex but we consider to provide them so that international driver will feel more source.

At time of arrival in the Airport, we are suggesting for international drivers to be picked up by our organized pick-up service. We really do not suggest that drivers rent their own cars unless you are familiar with the road in Jakarta. It is not because it is unsafe, we are afraid it would be troublesome if they became lost on the way. The road from the Airport to the Theme Park is a toll road all the way, so there will be no traffic jams. It will take about 30 minutes from the Airport to reach the entrance of the theme park.

The receipt of shipments of goods into Jakarta wich are required for the event will not be a problem, as long as the shipping intructions issued by the organiser are carried out.

IFMAR has requested that an IFMAR Pre-World Championship Race be held and this event has been scheduled for amrch 2nd - 5th, 2006 (see entry form attached).

Lastly, in the first quarter of this year our country just proudly held Asia-Africa Conference. The International conference was attended by many Asia and African countries' government people, officilas, and guest. The conference was held in 2 cities, Bandung and Jakarta. so, we could only say that the condition in our country are acceptable to hold these prestigious events.

Organizing Committee for 2006 1/8th I.C. OFF-ROAD WORLDCHAMPIONSHIP
Old 11-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Couldn't they have found a better place than Indonesia to have the World's? You know, one that ISN'T on the U.S. "No Travel" list?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

There is a big movement to get them to change the venue.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was in Jakarta, Indonesia last year. I never felt threatened. I wouldn't recommend going out in the country though without guides.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

DerekB There is a big movement to get them to change the venue.

where is it to be held if they decide to change venue??
Old 11-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think most would like to see it moved to Japan, Australia, or New Zealand as they are considered probably the safest places in the FEMCA bloc.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:11 AM
Regional Moderator

UK is still safe even though there's a serial bombing. France is safe even there's a big riots. Lots of country has their own problem, why if Indonesia then definitely not safe?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't see what the problem would be really, they are even going to provide military protection for the racers. Thats pretty impressive if you ask me. Aside from a so called security problem the venue seems to be very nice. Its right inside a theme park, so most likely there will be huge crowds. So it will be good exposure for RC in Asia.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by WheelNut
I don't see what the problem would be really, they are even going to provide military protection for the racers. Thats pretty impressive if you ask me. Aside from a so called security problem the venue seems to be very nice. Its right inside a theme park, so most likely there will be huge crowds. So it will be good exposure for RC in Asia.
The military protection is not because there are problems, but can be provided if anyone not comfortable/feel safe as requested. A lot of big names already on the list, even for the upcoming Pre-Worlds on March. For you guys travelling alone (single or without your family) the "Night Live" in jakarta is very very gooood, and cheap too... LOL
Old 11-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Jakarta is very safe so no need to worry about security and a very nice city too so as much as possible limit your movements within the city premises and if you would like to go to countryside better ask the organisers first
Old 11-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

What's up Dan,
There is a huge discussion on the Grid regarding the upcoming WC in Indonesia. It would be pointless to argue with the "people" who want to change the place for the venue.

They just don't understand, and they will never understand. The most important is they just don't "want" to understand.

A.W
Old 11-14-2005, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by daniz24
UK is still safe even though there's a serial bombing. France is safe even there's a big riots. Lots of country has their own problem, why if Indonesia then definitely not safe?
how are you danni,

save your breath.............

some of them wont join the race and also they dont even race...

so useless to argue with them....
next year WC and Pre-WC will be good

Old 02-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

The pre-worlds in Jakarta is being held next week. I'm leaving for the event on Monday - will start posting daily reports and photos as of March 2. All of it can be found at SGrid Online, http://www.sgrid.com - I will also be providing material to the race organizers and will work with their webmaster so some of the information will also be available on their website.

Regarding Jakarta and safety, the best plan is to allow the race people to meet you at the airport and get you to the track inside the controlled compound - that way you won't get lost in Jakarta.

More later - and this is just the warm-up for the main event, later this year.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Initiate

because its a muslem country it can become dangarous after what happend in denmark a few weeks ago...
beside i am an israeli and i think they are right it is not a nice thing to do loughing on someones relligion...
any way i canot go to indonesia because i canot get a visa ... i am sure no one in ifmar thought of this situation....
Old 02-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Key
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Really looking forward to the results from this year's IFMAR Worlds along with new buggies/prototypes in STORE for us at the preworlds. There's no better place to hold such a competition.. Indonesia is simply a Pacific paradise.

Aside from the huge r/c events they must have one of the most beautiful landmarks to satisfy ones' island thirst!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.