Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Gold pan advice needed, what to do with them? >

Gold pan advice needed, what to do with them?

Gold pan advice needed, what to do with them?

Old 11-21-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Gold pan advice needed, what to do with them?

Warning: long winded post....

Hey all, I recently picked up 4 "vintage" rc10 gold pans from a local hobby shop owner. 3 of them are A stamps and one is a B stamp, I think the B stamp is a champion edition possibly. Two of the A stamps are pretty hammered. I think I can make one out of the two. Kind of bummed about the worst one, it is one of the early Edinger cars (got the box as well, box is in better shape than the car.....). Going to take both the crappy cars apart and make one mod motored car out of the two for bashing (they are really in poor condition). The B stamp car was in pretty good shape. In the process of making that one my "box stock" class car. I realize it's kind of dated, but I'm really excited to get it racing again. The main reason I picked these up was for one of the A stamp cars. It was the owners personal car. He swore to me he assembled it and never ran it. It came with the box (which is trash) and a mostly complete car. He said his daughter got into the box and lost the wing assembly and unpainted body. The only other thing I noticed it was missing is the battery hold down assemblies. The only electronics in it is the factory associated motor that came with them. It has the factory tires on it as well and they have never been used. I believe it is a mid run "Cadillac" car. The box has the Cadillac address. The car also has the 4 rib team associated labeled front tires.

Now for the questions:

The b labeled car has the factory holes for both transmissions. Is it worth finding a stealth transmission for it? Secondly, would it be worth spending $80 to put the v2 worlds shocks on it? Keep in mind that this car will only be raced in the box stock class at my local track, I don't have enough experience with these cars to really make a wise decision regarding these two things, and I am not a very good driver....

The big question I have is what to do with the good A stamped car. It does not have a scratch on it, anywhere. It is very dirty from sitting in a garage for who knows how long. I will need to clean it up and some of the bolts have rusted as well. Box is trash, tires are in excellent mint condition. No body. I already ordered new release battery hold downs for it, wing mount, and I am going to order a new release body for it. I really don't need or want a shelf queen. My original thought was to try and sell this one to buy a new release rc10 worlds car (kind of on a vintage r/c bender) . The longer I look at it though I keep thinking of putting electronics in it and taking it to the track just for the fun of it. I really could use your advice on what to do with this one.

Thank you.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I trashed mine a long time ago. Had like 20-30 of them that I wore out racing. I can't imagine a used one is worth anything if you were hoping someone here was gonna offer you a bunch of money for them. Just race the nicer one if you have a vintage class locally.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

1. keep the Edinger car together no matter what. Even in crappy condition those with the box are worth money. I've seen guys pay 2-400 for a trashed Edinger car.

2. a stealth trans is easy to come by because of the worlds rere being released, you can buy a complete trans on ebay for like 60 bucks.

Take the B stamp and the non edinger A stamp car and make the best of what you have. Some rc carbon works shock towers, stealth, V2 shocks and you have a runner that can easily compete with anything else on the track.

Hit up rc10talk, they have tons and tons of info on the vintage scene, it's much larger than you would think.

But I think the most important part is keeping the Edinger together, you'd be surprised what you can get for one if it's just cleaned up.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hell, I'd be interested in the Edinger car if you want to offload it
Old 11-21-2015, 11:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

The edinger is trashed. If there was any hope for it I'd do something with it. The previous owner cut the frame all up. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow of it. Sad thing is it looks like it hasn't been used a whole lot. Someone just tried to lighten it up or something....
Old 11-22-2015, 06:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

the old swiss cheese, I'd still say keep the parts together on that kit
Old 11-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

edinger

I am having problems with the image uploader, I'll try again in a bit.
Attached Thumbnails Gold pan advice needed, what to do with them?-rsz_1img_1302.jpg  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

edinger
Attached Thumbnails Gold pan advice needed, what to do with them?-rsz_img_1316.jpg   Gold pan advice needed, what to do with them?-rsz_img_1304.jpg  
Old 11-22-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think I may keep the stock shocks on the b stamp for now. They are the later edition top loaders with the black caps. I rebuilt them last night and they work good.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Still having issues with the uploader. keeps failing to upload the pics. They are smaller than the max size.