what is a good begginers nitro buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what is a good begginers nitro buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Initiate

is st a stadium truck or a buugy coz ive looked and there is nitro evader st stadium truck..?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Yes the Tower Hobbies ST is a Truck. Trucks are very stable, and very easy to drive. Actually they are a little bit easier to control then a buggy. Buggy as more agaile, but trucks have the toughness. But nitro buggies are not bad at all either, If I had the means I would have both a nitro stadium truck (RC10GT) and a nitro buggy (1/8 Xray XBRR )
Old 11-12-2005, 02:45 AM
Tech Initiate

do u no of any good buggys avalible rely easy in uk? also is speedy tiger good or bad, i might get 1, and is smartech a good make?
Old 11-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't heard to much bad on the smartech, of course I havenlt too much on smartech all together (bieng here in the states), I know that if you need parts the a readily availible on ebay. I guess you best bet in the long run is got to your local hobby shop, and check the contruction or componets of the kit or RTR. I mean if it look like it is made from sturdy party (composite material/alumi./graphite) then most likely it should hold up a while. Watch out for plasticly parts, thats ususally a sign of poor quality. Plus you LHS might have a store model they will let you try out.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc mad man
do u no of any good buggys avalible rely easy in uk? also is speedy tiger good or bad, i might get 1, and is smartech a good make?
Forget about those, seriously. How much are you willing to spend on an R/C? Are you relatively new to the hobby? There are many good R/C's in the UK. Go to your local hobby shop and see what you like.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

anything to £150
Old 11-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just stop looking at the crap smartech bands and that, you do get what you pay for. Smartech, acme racing, online RC, and those brands are garbage, do not waste your money on them! If your looking for a good 1/10th RTR truck buy an Associated RC10GT RTR plus, it is a very good truck, well build and parts are super easy to get and cheap. The Duratrax nitro evader ST is a decent truck to look at as well. DONT CHEAP OUT! Get something good right off the bat, you will be glad you did, trust me.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, but not everyone has the bucks to start with. IMHO if you're new to r/c (especially nitro) get a cheapo to learn on. You're gonna smash it, crash it and generally wreck it - better to do that on a cheapo. Don't forget, it's a steep learning curve to start with and mistakes get made. When you have a bit more of an idea, then's the time to move on up. Crawl - walk - run, in that order.

Would you get someone who's just passed their driving test a brand new Range Rover Sport?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

i think i hav £200 to spend on rc ($340~) i need a very durable off road car/truck thats cheap p&p to uk
Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Old 11-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc mad man
i think i hav £200 to spend on rc ($340~) i need a very durable off road car/truck thats cheap p&p to uk
Have a look around on www.towerhobbies.com

Search Ofna, HPI, Associated, Duratrax etc