i like it now...

i guess it's a matter of taste...

Old 11-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by werner sline
the mbx7r eco has a cab forward boby

i like it now...

i guess it's a matter a taste...

That's what I'm saying nice done body. Does not look like a fish.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm new to the hobby/sport since January. I was first attracted to short course trucks because of the look and the extra ground clearance for bashing. When I found out there was a track 30 minutes away (that my LHS didn't even know about... and still doesn't give a rip about when I tell them), I got sucked into the racing scene. Always wanted to do it as a kid. Now I get to start with my son.

Anyway, when I saw the buggies at the local track they were mostly cab forward, except for a couple TLR 22 2.0. The 22s looked weird. The cab-forward bodies looked strong, cool, balanced, and fast. The traditional cab-back bodies look really retro-cool and remind me of some Tamiya buggies I had as a kid... but I'm running a Finnisher on my buggy and really favor the cab-forward. They look more balanced. I also think they must provide more room for electronics and such with the mid-motor setups becoming more and more popular by the day.

But I do know one thing: it's kind of silly to get worked up about it. But here I am commenting because it's something to do, I suppose!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sounds like a democrat started this conversation. "I don't like this so lets make rules against it!!!"

Don't like a cab forward body? Don't run it. Period. Buy a B4.2 and you can get all the rear cab bodies you want. In fact I will send you a custom painted one if you want it.

I have a Proline Bulldog and a JConcepts Finnisher for my T5M, and I use them for tuning. Yes I can feel the difference between the two. I also have the same two model bodies for my B5M and can tell the difference between the two. I also run a front wing when I need to. The look is really growing on me. BTW I also have front wings for my B4.2/Centro car, and as posted earlier, it is not a new trend. Just a different design.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
Sounds like a democrat started this conversation. "I don't like this so lets make rules against it!!!"

Don't like a cab forward body? Don't run it. Period. Buy a B4.2 and you can get all the rear cab bodies you want. In fact I will send you a custom painted one if you want it.

I have a Proline Bulldog and a JConcepts Finnisher for my T5M, and I use them for tuning. Yes I can feel the difference between the two. I also have the same two model bodies for my B5M and can tell the difference between the two. I also run a front wing when I need to. The look is really growing on me. BTW I also have front wings for my B4.2/Centro car, and as posted earlier, it is not a new trend. Just a different design.
Damn libs and there cab back style! ruining America one body at at time! Lmao
Old 11-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like the idea of comparing a 2wd buggy to an F1 car when it comes to the design of the bodies. If someone can come up with a better functioning design that some what looks like there could be a driver in it, then I'm good with that.

Many of the cars we race are so much faster than a full scale version, that compromises in bodies/designs have to be made for the sake of better racing.

I still think it is important though to have classes that maintain a look that is similar to a full scale race vehicle, such as the Short Course vehicles. By having a link to real racing, it helps us relate to people not familiar with the hobby and hopefully attracts new racers
Old 11-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

is that cab back enough for you guys, like i said they still make them you just have to search
Old 11-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Much better....
Old 11-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
Originally Posted by suby723
Damn libs and there cab back style! ruining America one body at at time! Lmao
aaaaannndd we'll call it.