TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

what front wheel do I run using the slim from carpet tires?
Old 01-26-2017, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm running the new hubs and spindles no problems. Much better than old ones, they would rip out all the time
Old 01-26-2017, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommynash
I'm running the new hubs and spindles no problems. Much better than old ones, they would rip out all the time
I agree, they are much improved over the previous design. I have ripped out a few ball studs, especially in my 22-4 2.0 with the old hubs. I just wanted to mention the incident I had so that people who upgrade will want to verify they have the right length ballstud.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
It was a typo people were saying. It's prolly the truck chassis seperate is what it's supposed to be.
Different part #'s.

Truck chassis

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR231060

22 4.0

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR231064
Old 01-26-2017, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you click that link brings you to a different page now. Looks like it was just a mistake
Old 01-27-2017, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tommynash
If you click that link brings you to a different page now. Looks like it was just a mistake
Mistake as in they have now told us when the new car is due you mean
Old 01-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by daz_75
Mistake as in they have now told us when the new car is due you mean
It's obvious it's not a new 22 4.0 car.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:34 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DHooter
what front wheel do I run using the slim from carpet tires?
You just use the stock wheel and some body scissors
Old 01-27-2017, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnny44
It's obvious it's not a new 22 4.0 car.
No obviously not but it may well be a replacement part for the new car
Old 01-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey frank any chance dakotas 3.0 and 22-4 2.0 reedy set ups out there anywhere?
Old 01-27-2017, 12:11 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevomatik
Hey frank any chance dakotas 3.0 and 22-4 2.0 reedy set ups out there anywhere?
Those setups are very close to what he ran at CRCRC, which are already posted.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a new spec racer I posted one for sale for my buddy...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...pec-racer.html
Old 01-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll throw my 2 cents in on the 22 4.0 topic. I believe the 4.0 chassis part number is real and was mistakenly posted to the TLR site, accidentally included in the update adding the 22T 3.0 parts. If you read LiveRC's interview with Todd Hodge from TLR a week or so back, they poked at him for new product info. He of course did not give up any details but said something along the lines of they had exciting releases planned that would make sure people would have what they need to race on whatever surface they are on. Factor in the fact that 2017 is an IFMAR Worlds year for 10th scale off-road, and I think it is entirely possible TLR will have a new 2wd release sometime this year. That said the April date on the mistake listing is way earlier than I would have expected. But I have zero inside information, and only time will tell what TLR really has planned. Besides, this would not be the first time a product was accidentally leaked early on TLR's site. I believe a picture of the 8IGHT-E 4.0 showed up well before the official announcement was made.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
I'll throw my 2 cents in on the 22 4.0 topic. I believe the 4.0 chassis part number is real and was mistakenly posted to the TLR site, accidentally included in the update adding the 22T 3.0 parts. If you read LiveRC's interview with Todd Hodge from TLR a week or so back, they poked at him for new product info. He of course did not give up any details but said something along the lines of they had exciting releases planned that would make sure people would have what they need to race on whatever surface they are on. Factor in the fact that 2017 is an IFMAR Worlds year for 10th scale off-road, and I think it is entirely possible TLR will have a new 2wd release sometime this year. That said the April date on the mistake listing is way earlier than I would have expected. But I have zero inside information, and only time will tell what TLR really has planned. Besides, this would not be the first time a product was accidentally leaked early on TLR's site. I believe a picture of the 8IGHT-E 4.0 showed up well before the official announcement was made.
I think that's very possible. Although I think that sometimes they let things get by intentionally, just to create some buzz and interest in potential upcoming products. Whatever the case, they are busy and are constantly working to improve things - which will only benefit all of us in the end.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

This will sound like a fanboy rant, but I don't think TLR really gets enough credit for what they do. Go back to 2010-2011 and look at the landscape of rc.....the 22 is released with an aluminum chassis, big bore shocks, compact steering arrangement, option for mid-motor placement, and beefy oversized suspension components.

At the time, most of the competition was still running rear motor only cars with molded chassis and smaller shocks. Granted, maybe some of the ideas weren't completely new, but TLR was forward thinking enough to package it all together. Now look at the landscape, almost every car out there shares the same features in one way or another. So whether it's new releases, conversion kits, or revised parts it's all good - keep up the good work TLR. Fanboy rant over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.