TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Lets try and keep the thread about the 3.0. If you want to talk about Amain charging early... move it to the chat lounge.

aahh yeah! I'm excited to check it out in person.
Agree to a point, but TLR sells a great deal of product through this distributor. This information is useful to them as well. I've shared my concerns with Jason Sams at Amain as well, who agreed that there were problems with it's execution.

I won't post any further on it.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fantomdude
My Horizon Order still says "Backordered"

I Hope they didn't run out before filling all the preorders.
I'm going to venture out and say Horizon held/shipped enough kits for their own pre-orders or Frank would have already let us down easy
Old 11-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Ive just been doing some testing on my local track, (rough, unswept with plenty of loose debris on hardpack). After 2 sessions in kit spec (+25g) I thought I'd try out the long front arm setting.... Yoiks! thats a lot of grip! The car is kit spec other than 25g weight behind servo. Very much to my liking! The setup sheet in the manual says ride height to be 24f and 22.5r. Interesting.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ammitt
I After 2 sessions in kit spec (+25g) I thought I'd try out the long front arm setting.... Yoiks! thats a lot of grip! The car is kit spec other than 25g weight behind servo. .
No change to spring/oil? If not, your impression of the change will be magnified since lengthening the arm effectively softens your shock package.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka
No change to spring/oil? If not, your impression of the change will be magnified since lengthening the arm effectively softens your shock package.
I thought the video put out by Losi said the shocks need to be moved out further when using the long set up to counteract the effects of a longer arm. If he isn't moving the shocks then yes, he'd have to increase dampening.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
I thought the video put out by Losi said the shocks need to be moved out further when using the long set up to counteract the effects of a longer arm. If he isn't moving the shocks then yes, he'd have to increase dampening.
Yes, that's another option I forgot to include.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:45 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
I'm going to venture out and say Horizon held/shipped enough kits for their own pre-orders or Frank would have already let us down easy
We did have more back orders than cars, so it depends on when you ordered. I know they try to get all of the customer direct orders out, but I am not 100% sure how everything is decided, that is really not my department. You can all sales tomorrow, and they'll update your order status.

We have another large shipment that will be here in about 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by Davidka
As covered in the instructions, when going to VLA, you move the shock out one hole on the arm, and it effectively corrects the shock package for the length change in the arm...
Old 11-26-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We did have more back orders than cars, so it depends on when you ordered. I know they try to get all of the customer direct orders out, but I am not 100% sure how everything is decided, that is really not my department. You can all sales tomorrow, and they'll update your order status.

So mine is getting ordered Monday by my LHS. I shouldn't expect it for a couple weeks then?
Old 11-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy

This is the first time I have not gotten a preorder fulfilled from horizon out of the first batch. I guess I just wait and see if A main or anyone has stock next week.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

my shop order it monday and will ship with his next order
Old 11-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Gonna make sure Losi comes back in Sac and Chico in the stock classes. Its all B5's currently. I was able to push the YZ to the front until part support became an issue. That won't happen with Losi 😊
Old 11-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

We all want the 3.0 kit setting in front us and with that we all could put a lot of input in here. There is two 3.0 kits on ebay for 329.99 with 29.99 shipping if really want it. Then you can go back a few pages as Frank listed all the parts list to switch your 2.0 to a 3.0 I think it was about 280.00 and Horizon has all the parts listed in stock. You can also use discount code of BF1550 to get 15% off your order if over 50.00.
Good luck with what ever you do and have a happy and safe Turkey day.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Gonna make sure Losi comes back in Sac and Chico in the stock classes. Its all B5's currently. I was able to push the YZ to the front until part support became an issue. That won't happen with Losi 😊
I'm right there with ya. I roll to amain during the winter every other week or so. Going to try and get to LSR as well this winter.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Fair enough, thanks for the update.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trakjunky
I'm right there with ya. I roll to amain during the winter every other week or so. Going to try and get to LSR as well this winter.
I want to run it for the pay it forward race and end the year on a a good note. This also will give me both 3.0 from Losi. 8th nitro will be fun next season😊 I need to get a spare tranny case when parts are available. I'd like to have a pucks tranny and a stock steel tranny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.