R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Like Tree12Likes

Old 12-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #1021
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well finished my build got the car last Friday, finished electronics install and I have an issue! Everything works except getting cogging from the motor. Brand new esc, trinity D4 certified 17.5 motor, Savox 1257 servo, spektrum receiver. Tried two different sensor wires and recal and no Bueno.

On another note my car went together with no issues at all. No stripped screws, yes I used a power driver but did final tightening by hand. now waiting for my 2.4 wheels to come in since I bought slicks, because my local track that is the hot tire setup or worn down webs. Which I have no 2.0 wheels left after letting them go with my old car. All that's left is to paint.
Trakjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:45 AM   #1022
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

@Trakjunky try a new sensor wire, or re calibrate your speed control.
cracky1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:07 AM   #1023
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakjunky View Post
Well finished my build got the car last Friday, finished electronics install and I have an issue! Everything works except getting cogging from the motor. Brand new esc, trinity D4 certified 17.5 motor, Savox 1257 servo, spektrum receiver. Tried two different sensor wires and recal and no Bueno.

On another note my car went together with no issues at all. No stripped screws, yes I used a power driver but did final tightening by hand. now waiting for my 2.4 wheels to come in since I bought slicks, because my local track that is the hot tire setup or worn down webs. Which I have no 2.0 wheels left after letting them go with my old car. All that's left is to paint.
Double check that you have it wired properly A-A, B-B, C-C. I've seen this more than once!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #1024
Tech Master

Well, just joined the TLR gang. Will be my first Losi car. (unless the twin hammers count as one) The last 2wd 1/10 was the original RC10 stealth kit
Hope to get it in a couple of days and start the build. All I got was the alum servo arm for now.

Our off-road program mainly consists of 1/8 and SC, but maybe a couple 1/10 buggies. Hope to spark more interest in that class with the 3.0.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:41 AM   #1025
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracky1970 View Post
@Trakjunky try a new sensor wire, or re calibrate your speed control.
Tried 2 different wires same problem. Recal'd 3'times. Going to check a different motor and another wire to see.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #1026
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyork View Post
Double check that you have it wired properly A-A, B-B, C-C. I've seen this more than once!
I will check. The D4 does not have the A-B-C labled so i wired it the same as my revtech on another car which is a trinity as well so I would assume they wore up the same. It moves forward like it's supposed to, if I had reversed polarity it should go backwards.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:14 AM   #1027
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 62 (98%+)

Does anyone know if the 3.0 rear pivot blocks will bolt on the 2.0 chassis?
Old 12-15-2015, 11:20 AM   #1028
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I will check. The D4 does not have the A-B-C labled so i wired it the same as my revtech on another car which is a trinity as well so I would assume they wore up the same. It moves forward like it's supposed to, if I had reversed polarity it should go backwards.
The D4 is labeled it is kind of hidden under the solder tabs.. I believe from left to right it is A B C if you are looking at the timing end.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #1029
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone have the part numbers to the Kyosho Springs the team guys have been running?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:17 PM   #1030
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76nova1 View Post
Does anyone know if the 3.0 rear pivot blocks will bolt on the 2.0 chassis?
I would say no. The front one actually keys into the chassis to keep it aligned, and the back of the chassis has a kick up on it so the back will at least 1-2mm high. Even if you can find a way to drill,cut and glue one onto a 22 chassis it wouldn't be good.

greener74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #1031
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by starspike View Post
The D4 is labeled it is kind of hidden under the solder tabs.. I believe from left to right it is A B C if you are looking at the timing end.
I'll check but if that's the case which is pretty standard then it's wired correctly.

I may have pinched a motor lead wire too. Going to do some swapping of parts and see what happens.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #1032
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 62 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greener74 View Post
I would say no. The front one actually keys into the chassis to keep it aligned, and the back of the chassis has a kick up on it so the back will at least 1-2mm high. Even if you can find a way to drill,cut and glue one onto a 22 chassis it wouldn't be good.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #1033
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox450 View Post
Does anyone have the part numbers to the Kyosho Springs the team guys have been running?
The fronts springs are xgs00x where x is the final number depending on which one you want. So the gold is xgs003.

The rear springs are XGS01X where x is the final number depending on which one you want.

Hope that made sense.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #1034
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Swap A and C and see what happens
Old 12-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #1035
Tech Adept

Might get one.. anyone running it on stock 17.5? Most I see at my track are mods and looks awsome..
iMarky is offline   Reply With Quote