TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Just purchased a nib tlr 22 3.0

Hello, just getting back into club racing. Just purchased a nib tlr 22 3.0 and my question is does anyone know if the 22 4.0 complete rear wing mount will bolt up to the 22 3.0 without modification? Thanks for the info
Old 11-20-2017, 11:37 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamsandolina
Hello, just getting back into club racing. Just purchased a nib tlr 22 3.0 and my question is does anyone know if the 22 4.0 complete rear wing mount will bolt up to the 22 3.0 without modification? Thanks for the info
It will.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank Root
It will.
Thanks for the help
Old 11-21-2017, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldbutlearning
Looking for ideas on how to install a rear sway bar assembly on my 22 3.0 SR. It currently has stiffzel upgrades BUT has an Exotek laydown I really don't want to dump the Exotek due to $$. There lies the problem.
Did you replace your 3.0 arms with the 4.0 arms? Will they bolt right on? And were you able to mount a rear swaybay on it?

I currently have a 3.0 SR with the normal transmission, and have been wanting to add a rear sway bar to the setup to help with the astro turf I primarily race on.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaistas
Did you replace your 3.0 arms with the 4.0 arms? Will they bolt right on? And were you able to mount a rear swaybay on it?

I currently have a 3.0 SR with the normal transmission, and have been wanting to add a rear sway bar to the setup to help with the astro turf I primarily race on.
The 4.0 arms mount right on to the 3.0 buggy. They are the exact same except now in a stiffer material and they offer a place to mount a front sway bar. Unfortunately, running a standup transmission won't allow for the use of a rear sway bar. I have seen people mod some up, but at this time only the 4.0 in lay down configuration readily excepts the rear sway bar.
kaistas likes this.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Pink
The 4.0 arms mount right on to the 3.0 buggy. They are the exact same except now in a stiffer material and they offer a place to mount a front sway bar. Unfortunately, running a standup transmission won't allow for the use of a rear sway bar. I have seen people mod some up, but at this time only the 4.0 in lay down configuration readily excepts the rear sway bar.
Thanks for the info!

Are there any other parts needed for the front other than the sway bar kit and the 4.0 arms?
Old 11-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No just the front sway bar kit and front camberlink mount with the sway bar option.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

I'm using my 22 3.0 for blinky 17.5 racing and can't get a proper size spur gear with included equipment. Can I use the tlr direct drive system? Will fit on the normal 22 3.0 with no modification? Are there any down sides to using it? My electronics are HW xr10 stock spec esc and justock G2 17.5 motor. Running on indoor carpet track and outdoor astroturf track
Old 11-21-2017, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm using my 22 3.0 for blinky 17.5 racing and can't get a proper size spur gear with included equipment. Can I use the tlr direct drive system? Will fit on the normal 22 3.0 with no modification? Are there any down sides to using it? My electronics are HW xr10 stock spec esc and justock G2 17.5 motor. Running on indoor carpet track and outdoor astroturf track
I wanted a 69t spur. I was told to run a schelle slipper or associated slipper. Either are suppost to fit right up. If you don't want a slipper go direct drive
Old 11-21-2017, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fordohio
I wanted a 69t spur. I was told to run a schelle slipper or associated slipper. Either are suppost to fit right up. If you don't want a slipper go direct drive
I'm leaning towards direct drive but want to know any ill effects with using it.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm leaning towards direct drive but want to know any ill effects with using it.
I hve a SR 3.0 and have switched to a Schelle/avid Triad setup, I found with the lockout setup I would spin out when going full power coming out of a corner. It was fine on my older Gen1 Tekin 17.5 but once I put my Motiv MC2 17.5 in it was a monster and would break the rear end loose.
With the setup I have now it is nearly locked completely down, but allows just a little slip so when I give full beans It doesn't spin out.

It could come down to driving style, I know some guys run them with no issues, but for myself and other a little slip is needed.

I have the same issue other have here which is spur/pinion gearing. I am currently at 28/72 and think I have finally hit my sweet spot, next step is finding my suspension sweet spot, find I am to tight and drifting corners and sliding thru the tight stuff
Old 11-22-2017, 02:22 AM
Tech Rookie

hope to receive it soon
Old 11-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rear sway bars on 3.0 install......piece of cake.

I installed rear sway bars on my 3.0 and it was easy.

kaistas likes this.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bmans5
I hve a SR 3.0 and have switched to a Schelle/avid Triad setup, I found with the lockout setup I would spin out when going full power coming out of a corner. It was fine on my older Gen1 Tekin 17.5 but once I put my Motiv MC2 17.5 in it was a monster and would break the rear end loose.
With the setup I have now it is nearly locked completely down, but allows just a little slip so when I give full beans It doesn't spin out.

It could come down to driving style, I know some guys run them with no issues, but for myself and other a little slip is needed.

I have the same issue other have here which is spur/pinion gearing. I am currently at 28/72 and think I have finally hit my sweet spot, next step is finding my suspension sweet spot, find I am to tight and drifting corners and sliding thru the tight stuff
Makes complete sense. I've been out of the game for a few years so my trigger finger isn't going to be what it once was. Ill take a look at avid. Thanks
Old 11-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

I use direct drive on my 3.0 SR where it comes standard (69t). It should fit without any modification, provided you get the whole kit/parts. Actually considering dropping to the 66t, but I'm concerned my pinion wouldn't be able to mesh at that size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.