R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/898616-tlr-22-3-0-race-kit-thread.html)

Pistol123 09-24-2017 08:47 AM

3.0 laydown

I am running a 4.0 and just managed to get a second hand 3.0 with laydown conversion for my son to replace my DEX210 that he was running. I still really like the look of the 3.0 and will be interesting to see how it compares to the 4.0. Be good to have two cars on the same platform again

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...3dfe24fade.jpg

topdeadcenter88 09-28-2017 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by RC10Nick (Post 15014717)
Has anybody tried using the 4.0 stiffezel parts on their 3.0? I'd be interested to know if they make much of a difference.

I'm still not sold on the concept of a laydown transmission so I'll be sticking with my 3.0 for the time being.

I just changed the arms and tower also put on the xfactory stiffener on. It feels better there is a noticeable difference in how it jumps and lands. Also I don't know if it was just fresh arms but it pushes a little more in the corners deffentaly happy

Oldbutlearning 09-29-2017 04:26 AM

Looking for some ideas on my 3.0 SR

Looking for ideas on how to install a rear sway bar assembly on my 22 3.0 SR. It currently has stiffzel upgrades BUT has an Exotek laydown I really don't want to dump the Exotek due to $$. There lies the problem.

Pistol123 09-30-2017 12:27 PM

Laydown to standup

Our recently purchased 3.0 had come with the laydown kit fitted. It also came with the standup gearbox, do the two gearboxes use the same idler gear or do I need to get a smaller one for the stand-up configuration?

Bmans5 09-30-2017 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pistol123 (Post 15042363)
Our recently purchased 3.0 had come with the laydown kit fitted. It also came with the standup gearbox, do the two gearboxes use the same idler gear or do I need to get a smaller one for the stand-up configuration?

they are different.

Pistol123 09-30-2017 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bmans5 (Post 15042400)
they are different.

Thanks, i thought that might be the case.

Oldbutlearning 10-01-2017 05:26 AM

What rear toe plate to run?

3.0 sr. Exotek laydown
Turf high bite
What 4.0 rear HRC toe plate to run? Regular or -2*?? And the what pill settings for hrc anti squat and toe plate?

Any help is appreciated

Frank Root 10-03-2017 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Oldbutlearning (Post 15042689)
3.0 sr. Exotek laydown
Turf high bite
What 4.0 rear HRC toe plate to run? Regular or -2*?? And the what pill settings for hrc anti squat and toe plate?

Any help is appreciated

On carpet, I run the -2 plate.

Oldbutlearning 10-07-2017 12:48 PM

Turf. Using hrc and -2 plate

Originally Posted by Frank Root (Post 15044514)
On carpet, I run the -2 plate.

What pill setting. High grip turf. No rear sway

Frank Root 10-07-2017 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Oldbutlearning (Post 15047484)
What pill setting. High grip turf. No rear sway

4 deg pills, so 2 deg toe.

Bmans5 10-07-2017 09:36 PM

Had the First night out of our indoor season.
Did extremely well, Got all the way to the A-main...was second to last in the A-main, but I got there and considering most driver there had MUCH more experience than I did I was more than happy to run my speed and let them pass me...which was a few times :D

Loved my setup, only issue I found was a bit of traction roll by the B-mains, but
I think I over did the Traction wash and pushed a bit beyond my own skill level.

My question is does anyone else find the laydown Motor plate heavily limits your gear setup? I was running 69/29. I want to gear slightly different next race, say 69/30 or 69/31 and I don't think I can pull it off as I can't shift the motor all that much. My option is to mill the plate mounts slightly but even then the water fall will limit how far the motor moves.

NRC :: Indoor Opener :: 2wd Stock Buggy A-Main :: LiveRC

Pistol123 10-07-2017 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bmans5 (Post 15047718)
Had the First night out of our indoor season.
Did extremely well, Got all the way to the A-main...was second to last in the A-main, but I got there and considering most driver there had MUCH more experience than I did I was more than happy to run my speed and let them pass me...which was a few times :D

Loved my setup, only issue I found was a bit of traction roll by the B-mains, but
I think I over did the Traction wash and pushed a bit beyond my own skill level.

My question is does anyone else find the laydown Motor plate heavily limits your gear setup? I was running 69/29. I want to gear slightly different next race, say 69/30 or 69/31 and I don't think I can pull it off as I can't shift the motor all that much. My option is to mill the plate mounts slightly but even then the water fall will limit how far the motor moves.

NRC :: Indoor Opener :: 2wd Stock Buggy A-Main :: LiveRC

Yes I noticed this when setting up my son's 3.0 laydown. He is running mod but is limited to a 24 tooth pinion on the 78 spur. Obviously we can lower the spur but I was suprised when comparing to the 4.0 not much room to run large pinions at all.

Can you go smaller on the spur or advance the timing? Sorry don't know much about stock racing.

Bmans5 10-07-2017 11:52 PM

motor is a MC2 Motiv, already set to it's optimum per the sheet it came with (at least to my understanding) so resistant to messing with timing. I really have nothing to complain about, thing monsters on acceleration, I swear in a straight line drag race it is pulling WAY fast than some of the other motors out there.
I think I can get close to optimal gearing without milling but still a bit of a pain.
suspect a 4.0 might be in my future....course may wait, a 5.0 may come out next spring :lol:

Oldbutlearning 10-08-2017 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Root (Post 15047685)
4 deg pills, so 2 deg toe.

Thanks Frank, We all appreciate your involvement with the group.

urnotevenwrg2 10-08-2017 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bmans5 (Post 15047764)
motor is a MC2 Motiv, already set to it's optimum per the sheet it came with (at least to my understanding) so resistant to messing with timing. I really have nothing to complain about, thing monsters on acceleration, I swear in a straight line drag race it is pulling WAY fast than some of the other motors out there.
I think I can get close to optimal gearing without milling but still a bit of a pain.
suspect a 4.0 might be in my future....course may wait, a 5.0 may come out next spring :lol:

Moving the endbell timing up a degree or two is going to feel very similar to gearing up by a tooth. The right gearing and timing is just putting the right load on the motor. Increasing either increases the load on the motor. If you can't gear up anymore, a small change in timing will basically make the same change on track.

The goal of making a change is to improve your race results, and you crashing less is going to do way more for your results than a small gearing change.