TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

I noticed on the pictures from the TLR website, they are using what I believe are barcodes, on an outdoor dusty clay track.. Kind of similar to what I run on. Does anyone have any experience with that tire/track combo? Everyone at my track are on holeshots or tazers. This is a completely different style of tire.

MM cars must be getting closer and closer to finding a setup that works with these outdoor dusty tracks that were said for quite some time that they weren't built for that.

Looks like one of those new square lipos would fit in there as well.

I also wonder what will be backwards compatible. If I were to guess, the front bits will be, the chassis and most of the rear, won't be. Guess I could just browse through the manual.

Man! Am I eager to get this newly mine 22 to the track. STOP RAINING!!!!!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rabidtrout
I noticed on the pictures from the TLR website, they are using what I believe are barcodes, on an outdoor dusty clay track.. Kind of similar to what I run on. Does anyone have any experience with that tire/track combo? Everyone at my track are on holeshots or tazers. This is a completely different style of tire.

MM cars must be getting closer and closer to finding a setup that works with these outdoor dusty tracks that were said for quite some time that they weren't built for that.

Looks like one of those new square lipos would fit in there as well.

I also wonder what will be backwards compatible. If I were to guess, the front bits will be, the chassis and most of the rear, won't be. Guess I could just browse through the manual.

Man! Am I eager to get this newly mine 22 to the track. STOP RAINING!!!!!
1. Square lipos will fit
2. You could probably convert it but it would be quite costly. I would recommend just picking up a new one which it sounds like you are already planning to do!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

What I'm wondering is if there's gonna be an extra rear motor variant like Asso did with their B5 and B5M or will only this MM variant be available?

As far as I understood one can not interchange between rear or mid motor like the V1 and V2.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hasi
What I'm wondering is if there's gonna be an extra rear motor variant like Asso did with their B5 and B5M or will only this MM variant be available?

As far as I understood one can not interchange between rear or mid motor like the V1 and V2.
I would expect mid motor only. The optional 4 gear trans will be the rear motor "equivalent"
Old 11-05-2015, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Will their be a LCG transmission in the pipeline for those that run on carpet and astroturf?
Old 11-05-2015, 07:05 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Video is here!!!

http://youtu.be/HkthhHMhebk
Old 11-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by electrickid
1. Square lipos will fit
2. You could probably convert it but it would be quite costly. I would recommend just picking up a new one which it sounds like you are already planning to do!
Yeah.. The thought has crossed my mind if this 1.0 works out well for me. AE has slightly better parts support at my LHS than TLR, but I try and keep stock of most breakable parts, regardless.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Watched Frank's video. Impressive! MM specific with a lot of redesign.

Well, what's another RC in the family. I'm in. Can't wait. Thinking about getting a 22 3.0 tattoo while I wait for the kit.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Well it looks like we wont be able to use the new rear end on the 2.0 at all... Which kinda sucks, was hoping to use my exo22 chassis on it. Maybe exotek will make a new plate that will support 3.0 parts

Either way im going to get one to race use for mod buggy, time to start saving my pennies XD
Old 11-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hasi

No rear motor. RM is dead.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsrocket13
Will their be a LCG transmission in the pipeline for those that run on carpet and astroturf?
If AE releases theirs. TLR will shortly follow.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gokarter64
Well it looks like we wont be able to use the new rear end on the 2.0 at all... Which kinda sucks, was hoping to use my exo22 chassis on it. Maybe exotek will make a new plate that will support 3.0 parts

Either way im going to get one to race use for mod buggy, time to start saving my pennies XD
Hate to say it as I love what Exotek did and for those that want to stick with the 2.0 vs. a fill new car it is a great way to get some of the benefits that the 3.0 did with weight balance as Frank mentioned is so critical to the handling of the car but the 3.0 changes so many other things (rear pivot, moving the motor much further back) as well as VLA stuff. I would imagine you could put the 3.0 front end and get VLA and those benefits on the 2.0 but you don't get all the rear end benefits.

All this stuff is done to find balance so fixing one end without the other is not always a good thing or do you find all the benefits.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Dammit. Thanks Losi. I told myself I wouldn't run 2wd buggy anymore and now this. Got the itch again. Car looks great.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

car looks great! I'm sticking with my newly purchased 2.0 though... i mean
Old 11-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Will the ASC wheels fit or would I have to invest in new wheels/tires?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.