TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I want to run it for the pay it forward race and end the year on a a good note. This also will give me both 3.0 from Losi. 8th nitro will be fun next season😊 I need to get a spare tranny case when parts are available. I'd like to have a pucks tranny and a stock steel tranny.
Personally, I'd recommend against Pucks as the MIP parts are of lower quality than the original TLR. Unless you're milling your outdrives and your diff rings. But that's just my experience with them.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi 22 3.0

Hi rctech members & Frank.

I have recently purchased a TLR 22 3.0 kit here in Melbourne as a Christmas present for my son (and me

Will be driving the car at the Knox RC track and just mucking about at home.

Was looking for some recommendations for a suitable steering servo, my LHS carry Spektrum and Savox so would prefer to use one of these, also motor and ESC (orion preferably) and receiver already have Spektrum DX4C.

Thanks all in advance.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
Fair enough, thanks for the update.
PM you
Old 11-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I want to run it for the pay it forward race and end the year on a a good note. This also will give me both 3.0 from Losi. 8th nitro will be fun next season😊 I need to get a spare tranny case when parts are available. I'd like to have a pucks tranny and a stock steel tranny.
Yeah I'm not into it enough to have 8th scale cars. I ride mx in the summer time. I run wheeler and 2wd stock when I got race though. My kid drives his 22t.

What's the pay it forward race? Maybe I'll try it out.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussiedriver

I have recently purchased a TLR 22 3.0 kit here in Melbourne as a Christmas present for my son (and me

Was looking for some recommendations for a suitable steering servo, my LHS carry Spektrum and Savox so would prefer to use one of these, also motor and ESC (orion preferably) and receiver already have Spektrum DX4C.

Thanks all in advance.
Hi mate,

Really comes down to your budget. you can go all out with a nice KO / Futaba Brushless Servo or get the Savox range, good your LHS will have them and above all they're cheap.

I'd suggest low profile, even though you don't need it in the 3.0 still looks nice and neat.

ESC's here in Aussie the LRP and Hobbywings have best support however Orion are equally good and very popular in the offroad scene.
Motor's you're either stock 17.5 or Mod Open. Motors again are a preference to budget thing. Best bang for buck is the Reedy Mach 3 or Team Powers 17.5's. You can fork out $180 for a motor and get yourself a Trinity D4 or R1. But in off road that out and out power doesn't impact as much as driving the car around a track smoothly.

the 3.0 is a great car, Model Flight stock all the parts and they're cheap.

Enjoy it!

Dane
Old 11-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by svndayNZ
Hi mate,

Really comes down to your budget. you can go all out with a nice KO / Futaba Brushless Servo or get the Savox range, good your LHS will have them and above all they're cheap.

I'd suggest low profile, even though you don't need it in the 3.0 still looks nice and neat.

ESC's here in Aussie the LRP and Hobbywings have best support however Orion are equally good and very popular in the offroad scene.
Motor's you're either stock 17.5 or Mod Open. Motors again are a preference to budget thing. Best bang for buck is the Reedy Mach 3 or Team Powers 17.5's. You can fork out $180 for a motor and get yourself a Trinity D4 or R1. But in off road that out and out power doesn't impact as much as driving the car around a track smoothly.

the 3.0 is a great car, Model Flight stock all the parts and they're cheap.

Enjoy it!

Dane
Hi Dane,

thanks for the reply.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks all in advance.
for your servo id reccomend a savox 1257tg

if you want power id start off with a 10.5 motor (reedy motors are good and are everywhere) or if your gonna get serious id get a 17.5 motor. trinity d4s, Schurr Speed, reds, reedy, and viper/maclan are all good motors

for an esc i personally prefer the lrp flow for stock class, and for mod the orion r10 is pretty good although spendy.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davidka
Yes, that's another option I forgot to include.
Yep i moved the shocks as per the manual.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks all in advance.
I have found the Tekin ESC & motors to be fantastic. Highly recommended .
Old 11-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks all in advance.
Are you running stock or mod?

Servo I would recommend Spektrum S6240

Mod Tekin RSX with Gen 3 motor.
Stock Tekin RS or RS Spec with Gen 3 motor.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Hey Frank now that the kit is available, are u guys going to redesign the stadium truck based in the 3.0
Old 11-26-2015, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gonna make sure Losi comes back in Sac and Chico in the stock classes. Its all B5's currently. I was able to push the YZ to the front until part support became an issue. That won't happen with Losi 😊
Front of the B! I guess that's good!! Lol
Old 11-26-2015, 10:58 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trakjunky
So mine is getting ordered Monday by my LHS. I shouldn't expect it for a couple weeks then?
We'll see, I am not sure if that show will get one based on the BO list. Generally with new kits, I'd always try to Backorder soon, to be in the front of the list.

Top level Hobby Shops, would have back ordered good amounts right up front, so I am sure there will be some kits available.

Originally Posted by vito
my shop order it monday and will ship with his next order
We'll see, I think that might be a stretch unless they already had some backorders in line.

Originally Posted by fantomdude
This is the first time I have not gotten a preorder fulfilled from horizon out of the first batch. I guess I just wait and see if A main or anyone has stock next week.
You'll find some in stock for sure.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
Personally, I'd recommend against Pucks as the MIP parts are of lower quality than the original TLR. Unless you're milling your outdrives and your diff rings. But that's just my experience with them.
They are much lighter than the original for 17.5 and I use the diff rings made for the car. (coming from a B5 and never had mip issues before) Did you get a bad set perhaps?
Old 11-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog
Front of the B! I guess that's good!! Lol
Ummm...better check your facts lil guy. Shouldnt you be in the Kyosho thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.