Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread! >

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Old 08-28-2016, 10:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi I've just got the laydown conversion. With the size of the idler gear that's supplied with the laydown does this have an effect on gearing? If so running mod 8.5t what size spur and pinion are a good starting point.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Gear ratio is unchanged.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toddmanley
Question - with the dirt transmission what differences would I expect to see if I run the 1) HRC front pivot block or 2) front LRC pivot block?

I haven't done the testing yet but wanted to see if anybody had previous experience.
Wondering about this myself. My impression is that most are running some variation of the HRC front (either the HRC pivot or Frank's mod) and LRC in the rear. Is that accurate?
Old 08-29-2016, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER
Other than the depressions in the chassis, those two holes are all thats different.
Can someone give me a good reason that TLR didn't include these holes on the new chassis? Seems like a no-brainer, no?
Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Hello everyone!! Looking to make the switch to the 22 3.0 for this coming indoor season.

couple of questions...
what necessary stock upgrades do I really need? and this would be for a 3 gear stand up trans!! thanks for all of your help!
Old 08-29-2016, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LETSDRIVE!!
Hello everyone!! Looking to make the switch to the 22 3.0 for this coming indoor season.

couple of questions...
what necessary stock upgrades do I really need? and this would be for a 3 gear stand up trans!! thanks for all of your help!
nothing other than an assortment of shock springs...

edit, you will likley need 1.7 pistons for the rear...

some nice items,

aluminum front camber mount, and aluminum servo mount. the graphite battery holder is pretty cool also...but none of it is required...
Old 08-29-2016, 10:28 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Applesauce
Is this the correct part number for the alloy servo mounts TLR331019?
Old 08-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Carpet guy

This weekend was the first time racing on carpet and have a question for you guy that have run on it. I have the Pro-line front tires and Schumacher mini pins on the rear, and I the question is when I go in to turns there is a sound coming for my buggy that sounds like a scrubbing or like a sliding noise. So have anyone heard that type of sound and if so what is it and how to fix it? The track I was at all the other drivers run the JConcepts front and rear and theirs wasn't making the sound and I was the only one on the other tires. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone have a good educated guess as to what slipper spring and pads Dakotah might be using on his 3.0 in these pics? I know a lot of guys at my track are switching to AE spring, plates , gear and pads. Was wondering if he's doing the same

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/losi/s...aha2016081214/
Old 08-29-2016, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma
Does anyone have a good educated guess as to what slipper spring and pads Dakotah might be using on his 3.0 in these pics? I know a lot of guys at my track are switching to AE spring, plates , gear and pads. Was wondering if he's doing the same

Same tlr plates, gear, and pads, Frank can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it is a prototype spring.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pro-line front where squeeling on our wood section where Schumacher and dboots wern't so I would'nt be surprises they would make different noise on carpet as well.

Originally Posted by jdutch03
This weekend was the first time racing on carpet and have a question for you guy that have run on it. I have the Pro-line front tires and Schumacher mini pins on the rear, and I the question is when I go in to turns there is a sound coming for my buggy that sounds like a scrubbing or like a sliding noise. So have anyone heard that type of sound and if so what is it and how to fix it? The track I was at all the other drivers run the JConcepts front and rear and theirs wasn't making the sound and I was the only one on the other tires. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Is it true that some drivers are getting the Laydown conversion to convert their 22 2.0's? If so, what extra parts would I need besides the 3.0 front arms? I already have a 3.0 buggy which I'd like to leave as is. But I would consider converting my old 2.0 buggy if it makes sense parts wise.... (my 2.0 already has the bellcrank steering upgrade.)
Old 08-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You could do the 3-gear conversion (plus mod the side-guards for sideways battery) for ~$30. The 2.0 already has a motor position further forward than most mid-cars.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TLR332056
Old 08-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
Is it true that some drivers are getting the Laydown conversion to convert their 22 2.0's? If so, what extra parts would I need besides the 3.0 front arms? I already have a 3.0 buggy which I'd like to leave as is. But I would consider converting my old 2.0 buggy if it makes sense parts wise.... (my 2.0 already has the bellcrank steering upgrade.)
If you got front arms, caster blocks, rear arms, rear blocks, hinge pins, rear tower, rear camber block, waterfall and a few other parts I guess you could convert it.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:34 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma

This is a prototype spring we're testing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.