Wiki Posts
Search

Most competitive wheeler out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Most competitive wheeler out?

As the title states. In the market for a new wheeler. I know this is all based on opinion bu would like to here from multiple people. Looking for semi durable, and hooked well to the track. I generally like a car that has good steering. Long time rc racer. Dont crash to often but occasionally. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

DEX410v4

Last edited by SnotRkt; 11-03-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnotRkt
You need to be a little more specific. 1/8 buggy, 1/10 buggy, stadium truck, short course, 2wd, 4wd? What kind of track, carpet, turf, clay, soil? Electric? Nitro? Your original question is open to any race vehicle out there it seems...
i may be wrong in this instance but from my experience a "wheeler" is a 1/10 4wd buggy.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
i may be wrong in this instance but from my experience a "wheeler" is a 1/10 4wd buggy.
Attached Thumbnails Most competitive wheeler out?-hes-right.jpg  
Old 11-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Your avatar is excellent. I hope OP posts more.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

They're all good. D413 is just better. And that's the kind of response you'll get. Whatever make someone owns, it's the best. Research the threads and you'll get a better idea of the characteristics of each wheeler and what suits your driving style.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think it really depends on what track conditions your gonna be running on.... that said I've owned:
Dex410v3
B44.2
Sworkz s104 Evo
D413
BMax4 III
Old 11-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

New or used? I'll bite. Here's my $0.02.

I personally would keep an eye out for a very very lightly used Kyosho ZX-6, HB D413, and TLR 22-4 that looks damn near new for a very low price.

-ZX-6: 2nd at worlds. Solid car, proven design, QUIET! Team is very helpful. Lots of setup help online. ZX-5 was less reliable. ZX-6 seems to be very solid. Kyosho likes incremental changes. Parts are a bit spendy.

-22-4: Solid car, a bit heavy, issues with front gear diff and belts for some. New chassis and a few updates as they refine things. Good parts availability. Most common wheeler at my track.

-XB4: World champion, new one every year, very reliable tank but very expensive parts. XRay team drives like a bunch of pricks if that matters to you.

-HB D413: Solid car and pretty reliable. Quick in the right hands and easy to copy Tessman's setup if he's been to a similar track. Has to be as some parts have reached unicorn status in terms of availability.

-B44.3: National Champion, vast parts support. Some issues including munching spur gears.

-Yokomo YZ-4: Comes out next week, likely a carpet slayer, innovative design with a return to belts. Part support through AMain.

-Schumacher K2: Innovative design, all carbon, likely a carpet slayer. Part support through DiscountRC is excellent
Old 11-03-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the TM4 is pretty competitive on various surfaces. i bought one for dirt this summer to try out 4wd, as I've only run 2wd until recently. I landed an A-Main podium in my very first race. bought another one to run on carpet last month and ran my first race with it last week and again, landed an A-main podium.

evo hobbies has them on sale right now.
http://evohobbies.com/rc-car-truck-k...ric-buggy.html
Old 11-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Hotbodies and xray are popular at my outdoor track.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

D413. Built tough and quick.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just went from a 22-4 to try a b44.3 . Major regret !!!
Old 11-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

9 posts for a direct customer to come pimp their brand. Seems you guys have been slowing down for the winter.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can honestly say that right now it seems that wheeler is the one class that any of the big name cars are competitive. I would check for what has the most support where you plan on racing the most. Formy local track it would be AE, TLR, or Schumacher. Read below for my opinions on the cars talked about.

Originally Posted by OriginalDonk
New or used? I'll bite. Here's my $0.02.

I personally would keep an eye out for a very very lightly used Kyosho ZX-6, HB D413, and TLR 22-4 that looks damn near new for a very low price.

-ZX-6: 2nd at worlds. Solid car, proven design, QUIET! Team is very helpful. Lots of setup help online. ZX-5 was less reliable. ZX-6 seems to be very solid. Kyosho likes incremental changes. Parts are a bit spendy.
Great car and can be n=made to work well, proven Kyosho porduct, but in my opinion way overpriced, parts are not cheap either

-22-4: Solid car, a bit heavy, issues with front gear diff and belts for some. New chassis and a few updates as they refine things. Good parts availability. Most common wheeler at my track.
Yes, very solid car, every one I have ever driven I really liked, but maintenance is a B*TCH. I have ZERO desire to work on one of these cars. Spur gear swap takes hours.

-XB4: World champion, new one every year, very reliable tank but very expensive parts. XRay team drives like a bunch of pricks if that matters to you.
No personal opinion on these, although I have always heard great things about Xray. Again, expensive parts, and I am not sure how support is because they are not the most popular cars out there.

-HB D413: Solid car and pretty reliable. Quick in the right hands and easy to copy Tessman's setup if he's been to a similar track. Has to be as some parts have reached unicorn status in terms of availability.
Fabulous car, I liked driving these too. But when first released the parts availability left a bad taste in my mouth. As long as your LHS stocks parts or you want to stock your own parts, definitely cant go wrong.

-B44.3: National Champion, vast parts support. Some issues including munching spur gears.
Never ran a .3, but as Donk said, excellent support. Dime a dozen. Lots of help available in the pits and everybody has parts for them. A lot of parts shared with the whole b44 line up, which means its cheaper for hobby shops to have a huge supply. I run a B44.1 myself.

-Yokomo YZ-4: Comes out next week, likely a carpet slayer, innovative design with a return to belts. Part support through AMain.
With a standing in the industry that goes as far back as Team Associated does I cant see this car being bad. A guy at our local track runs an older Yokomo and does very well with it. Parts support could be an issue.

-Schumacher K2: Innovative design, all carbon, likely a carpet slayer. Part support through DiscountRC is excellent
Another great car, limited parts support so plan on stocking up. We are one of the few shops that have a large supply of Cat parts. We also have a factory team driver that races with us regularly.
So like I said, I dont think any of them are a bad choice. At the Jconcepts Nationals in Mass. there was at least one of each in the top 10.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I can honestly say that right now it seems that wheeler is the one class that any of the big name cars are competitive. I would check for what has the most support where you plan on racing the most. Formy local track it would be AE, TLR, or Schumacher. Read below for my opinions on the cars talked about.

So like I said, I dont think any of them are a bad choice. At the Jconcepts Nationals in Mass. there was at least one of each in the top 10.
Forgot to add the B44.3 is not reliable at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.