Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help what engine to run in my losi xxx-nt

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 11:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help what engine to run in my losi xxx-nt

im looking for a new engine for my xxx-nt and i dont know what one to get could sombody help me out ?
thanks,
rocco
Old 10-25-2002, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Well, it all depends on what you are doing. If you are just bashing in your backyard then don't buy a racing engine. If you are going to race get something that is decent.

A cheap engine, but good quality would be an OS CV-X .12 or .15 I used to have one and it served be well.

Another option is a more powerful engine like the OS CV-R. It has about 1 horsepower but it is alittle expensive. One engine that I plan on getting is the Fantom FR12. It has a claimed 1.15 hp. which is amazing for the price which is only about $120. RCCA bragged about it when they put it in the hardcore TC3

Then you can go another big step up and get a hardcore racing engine. I think the Trinity Sirios would fall into this category. They are ultra $ but have gobs of power.

So depending on what you do, get an engine that suits you.

Old 10-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

At the track a few people have fantoms in their XXX-NTs, they're fast and perform well but aren't as reliable as the Novarossi based engines. One of the best engines I've ever seen (or used, I've got one in my T-Maxx) is the Novarossi based RB concept C12. It has amazing torque and RPM (difficult not to pull wheelies in NTs and GTs) but another factor is that it will run for about 12 minutes on a 75cc tank!! much better efficiency than any other engine I've seen, the Fantoms only go for about 5 or 6 mins on a tank.

IMO It's worth getting a ABC engine like the Novarossi and OS CVR as it'll outlast the ABN engines (OS CV-X)
It does depend on what you're going to be using it for b/c if you're just bashing then a .15 would be an option. My RB C12 cost the same as a OS .15 CV-X (not a CVR) so it was a pretty good deal
Old 10-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

hey LouisB,

I was going to get the fantom motor, but now i hear about your C12. About how much would it cost to buy it over the internet with a side exhause pull start with a rotary carb. (.12 size)

12 minutes compared to 5 or 6 is a big difference, i just have a small budget.

thanks
Old 10-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think that the RB was really cheap, it's just that all engines are expensive where I live I don't think it would be any cheaper to get a RB form overseas, infact including the postage it would be more expensive. I got my C12 side exhaust, pull start, rotary carb for £124 from my LHS which is about $190 it just shows how expensive OS engines are over here
I would say go for the fantom, they are good engines and I'm sure that they could be tuned for better efficiency, but most of all they're cheap!
Old 11-01-2002, 10:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default crankshaft

im new to rc what crankshaft do i need for the xxxnt
Old 11-01-2002, 11:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

the fantom engine is cheap and powerfull we have no problem running 10 minutes at our track which is very high bite but what turned me on to it the most is the parts to rebuild it are cheap less than 40 bucks for the piston and sleeve compared to 90 for my picco that didn't last1/2 as long the c12 and mt 12 are both great but when they get slow good luck finding parts and when you do plan on droppin over one bill that sucks
Old 11-01-2002, 11:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

you need a standard or threaded crank make sure its not cut or short
Old 11-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Super cheap replacement Drake Parts or XXX-NT UPGRADES

Follow the link...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=25
Old 11-23-2002, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone running a rear-exhaust .12 in their XXX-NT's? MT-12 or variant?
Old 11-24-2002, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Sup guys..I run a rear exhaust on my XXX-NT.You simply get more power this way with the effic of the output.If you want cheap fun power the HPI.12 ss is a great motor.That is a Novarossi based motor with or without pullstart.You want a regular threaded shaft for the XXX-NT.If you have a starter box go with any version of the Novarossi motor.Great motor's.The best carb out there is simply O.S.I race and have adapted this carb to my Novarossi c12 motors and love it.If racing also try RESTRICTORS.Most tracks in the country cant truly handle these motors.So these simply tame it down for ya but also increase the life of the motor.Hope this helps and goodluck to the guys racing and much fun to the one's just playing.