Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread

You're on Page 73 of 348
Go to
  • Quote: is there a list of part numbers anywhere for the difference between the dirt and carpet editions?

was thinking of getting them to be able to switch back and forth, but it its super expensive, i might just get the dirt as well...and throw in a gear diff ( I dont like ball diffs)
    You will have to wait for the official release of the Dirt Edition to get the part numbers needed

Bent
  • Quote: You will have to wait for the official release of the Dirt Edition to get the part numbers needed

Bent
    I'm betting and if I recall correctly I think it was mentioned that a conversion kit will be available to convert from the CE to the dirt edition once the dirt edition s out...
  • Quote: I'm betting and if I recall correctly I think it was mentioned that a conversion kit will be available to convert from the CE to the dirt edition once the dirt edition s out...
    doubt it will be a "kit" as thats not really how xray work.
    however im sure xray will release a list of parts which you can purchase seperately in one order to convert the carpet to the dirt edition.
  • Quote: We [...] then add an adjustable turnbuckle connected to the battery brace and the "waterfall" to further stiffen the chassis lengthwise and create more equal flex.
    Pic, please? Curious to see the mounting point.... thanks
  • Quote: Pic, please? Curious to see the mounting point.... thanks
    Replace middle screw on waterfall with a 10mm ball stud.

Drill hole in battery brace 2/3 towards the front.

Attach using a lower shock mounting ball from the T4 and a countersunk 3mm screw on bottom of the brace so it doesn't protrude and interfere with the battery.

Use a steering link from XB4, rod end from XB4/XB2 on waterfall and shock rod end on the battery brace side.

Bent
  • Quote: I'm betting and if I recall correctly I think it was mentioned that a conversion kit will be available to convert from the CE to the dirt edition once the dirt edition s out...
    Quote: doubt it will be a "kit" as thats not really how xray work.
    however im sure xray will release a list of parts which you can purchase seperately in one order to convert the carpet to the dirt edition.
    Nobody has mentioned a conversion kit.

But it will be fairly easy and not many parts will be needed.

A small list will most likely be made for those wanting to convert

If I have the time I might put it together and have it ready for the release as I have all the part numbers here…….hmmmm

Bent
  • Ooops, sorry, guess I must have been daydreaming about it lol.
  • Well not sure when the XB2's are going to ship, but ill be waiting until the XB4's come back in stock at RC America. Hopefully they said the beginning of next week. Really want to try this dirt edition
  • Quote: Well not sure when the XB2's are going to ship, but ill be waiting until the XB4's come back in stock at RC America. Hopefully they said the beginning of next week. Really want to try this dirt edition

My LHS in CT had both in stock last I was there, which was sunday
  • Quote: The car is actually designed to have the battery brace clamp down on the battery.

We go the opposite way of your suggestion and add foam strips under the carbon battery brace to ensure it clamps securely on the battery and then add an adjustable turnbuckle connected to the battery brace and the "waterfall" to further stiffen the chassis lengthwise and create more equal flex.

When doing so we also remove the flex screws from the waterfall under the chassis.

This works really good for us

Bent
    That's very interesting, not the most controlled method of stiffening a chassis, but who am I to argue..

Good solution with the turnbuckle, I've noticed quite a lot of flex lengthwise so think I will try that. Thanks for sharing Bent!
  • Quote: Replace middle screw on waterfall with a 10mm ball stud.

Drill hole in battery brace 2/3 towards the front.

Attach using a lower shock mounting ball from the T4 and a countersunk 3mm screw on bottom of the brace so it doesn't protrude and interfere with the battery.

Use a steering link from XB4, rod end from XB4/XB2 on waterfall and shock rod end on the battery brace side.

Bent
    Thanks, got it. It's the "drill the battery brace" I was missing

Interesting idea for sure, seen on other MM buggies (centro being the first one) but somehow not that widespread?

Cheers!
    Paul
  • Quote: The car is actually designed to have the battery brace clamp down on the battery.

We go the opposite way of your suggestion and add foam strips under the carbon battery brace to ensure it clamps securely on the battery and then add an adjustable turnbuckle connected to the battery brace and the "waterfall" to further stiffen the chassis lengthwise and create more equal flex.

When doing so we also remove the flex screws from the waterfall under the chassis.

This works really good for us

Bent
    Like the Schumacher SV2, correct?
  • Quote: My LHS in CT had both in stock last I was there, which was sunday
    Which shop? Madness? I already have an XB4, but the order that went in had another for someone else. The dirt hasnt actually released yet so
  • Quote: Which shop? Madness? I already have an XB4, but the order that went in had another for someone else. The dirt hasnt actually released yet so
    Ya madness, I misunderstood, I thought you were looking for carpet ed for now, but there was a xb2 there on Sunday.
  • Quote: Ya madness, I misunderstood, I thought you were looking for carpet ed for now, but there was a xb2 there on Sunday.
    I was thinking of trying the Carpet edition, but I only get to run carpet/turf maybe twice a year, and the clay/topsoil I mainly run on isnt all that high of bite. So ill just wait for the dirt car