Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread

You're on Page 247 of 349
Go to
  • Here is a little spring conversion i did, in case anyone is interested...

C is the Xray wgt. and the WHT is the conversion to something similar to what AE, and AVID use.

front C WHT
    368174 2 str 0.65-0.85 3.71-4.85

358184 2 dot 0.65 3.71
    368185 3 dot 0.72 4.11
    368186 4 dot 0.80 4.57

Rear
    368273 2 str 0.35-0.45 2.00-2.57

368284 1 Dot 0.35 2.00
    368285 2 Dot 0.40 2.28
    368286 3 Dot 0.45 2.57
    368287 4 Dot 0.50 2.86
  • anyone notice the xb2 jumps very low and not very far. Sometimes when a little lift is needed I find the buggy challenging. This is usually a good thing to spend more time on the ground. However, in stock racing at times it gets tough to carry jumps after 180's or a tight corner. Was reminded this when I drove my sons b5m today. Had to be geared at 72/29 to carry a small jump in the b5m was fine at 72/31 driving the same exact lines and the Xray had faster motor both top and bottom end. Really a function of how low the xb2's jump trajectory is. Similar spring rates, pistons, etc. Added up to 3 degrees anti squat too. No measurable difference. Why is this? Thx
  • Watched the EOS races and it sure looks like xray has made some significant improvements in the car. With the new laydown 3 gear and the new gear diff the car was on rails and the cornering speed looked a lot better. Too bad the driver finishes were not better.
  • From how they update the xb4, the xb2 didn't get much. A 3 gear isn't a significant change.. still a let down with no gullwing front arms.
  • Hopefully the changes are just a new case and idler so we can use the 3 gear on the 16 car. Not something dumb like they made the gear diff 2 teeth bigger so it can hold more lube and the outdrives are different so you need new drive shafts. Hahaha.
  • Car looks the same besides the 3 gear laydown. Bent confirmed the chassis is the same so the gearbox should bolt right in the old car.
  • Hey Bent, on a higher grip carpet track what would be the difference (other than offset) in handling running: The XRAY wheels compared to Schumacher or Jconcepts with either:

Schumacher Mini Pins yellow / Cut Stagger yellow
    or
    New Jconcepts Pin Downs / Swaggers

Thanks.
  • Quote: Here is a little spring conversion i did, in case anyone is interested...

C is the Xray wgt. and the WHT is the conversion to something similar to what AE, and AVID use.

front C WHT
    368174 2 str 0.65-0.85 3.71-4.85

358184 2 dot 0.65 3.71
    368185 3 dot 0.72 4.11
    368186 4 dot 0.80 4.57

Rear
    368273 2 str 0.35-0.45 2.00-2.57

368284 1 Dot 0.35 2.00
    368285 2 Dot 0.40 2.28
    368286 3 Dot 0.45 2.57
    368287 4 Dot 0.50 2.86
    this is helpful, thanks bro
  • Quote: From how they update the xb4, the xb2 didn't get much. A 3 gear isn't a significant change.. still a let down with no gullwing front arms.
    where are you guys seeing this new car?

EDIT: never mind I found it.

But man I'm kind of disappointing there's no update besides the 3 gear, I sold my XB2 2016 thinking there would be significant upgrade.

I'm most likely going to purchase another 2wd before the winter. While I love XRAY and will continue to run the XB4 and XB8, I may consider the B6 for 2wd.
  • Quote: where are you guys seeing this new car?

But man I'm kind of disappointing there's no update besides the 3 gear, I sold my XB2 2016 thinking there would be significant upgrade.

I'm most likely going to purchase another 2wd before the winter. While I love XRAY and will continue to run the XB4 and XB8, I may consider the B6 for 2wd.
    Take a look at EOS and wollanka's car from last weekend. I know it was carpet but it looks significantly faster than before. I dont think there was a B6 in the amain and so far i understand they are still chasing a good setup for that car. They did not show well at Nats this year.
  • Cragg and Haatanen finished 6th and 10th on there B6
    not so bad for a team not so much represented
  • Quote: where are you guys seeing this new car?

The new gearbox is the significant upgrade......it's so much faster through corners and so much easier to push hard on high grip.

It's truly a completely different animal on high grip with the new gearbox.

No more waiting for the weight to shift going in and out of corners, now you can just push through with so much higher corner speed

Bent
  • Quote: The new gearbox is the significant upgrade......it's so much faster through corners and so much easier to push hard on high grip.

No more waiting for the weight to shift going in and out of corners, now you can just push through with so much higher corner speed

Bent
    yeah, I had 2 Xb2's CE'sand I just couldn't get it hooked up on our high bite clay track. loved it on carpet though. not sure the 3 gear will really help with the traction issues. i know some people get them dialed, but the AE and TLR guys at my track have a much easier time getting the car dialed for clay.

i might buy another one who knows though. B6 is looking good. i would never consider any other 4wd or 1/8 car than XRAY but for some reason 2wd wouldnt matter as much to me since it's not my favorite class, so I don't necessarily want to be dumping much money into it, or spending as much time setting up.
  • Great news! Did you notice a significant difference in traction?
    Can't wait to get it

Quote: The new gearbox is the significant upgrade......it's so much faster through corners and so much easier to push hard on high grip.

Bent
  • Quote: Great news! Did you notice a significant difference in traction?
    Can't wait to get it
    Traction is great. And because you carry more speed through the corner with less weight transfer you get much better drive out of the corners

It's just so much better

Bent