R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 12-26-2016, 07:51 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: dgrobe2112
Instruction manuals: (C/O BentKa)

Xray XB2 Carpet Edition Instruction Manual
http://www.teamxray.com/xb2/2016/dow...ual_v2_low.pdf

Xray XB2 Dirt Edition Instruction Manual
http://www.teamxray.com/xb2/2016/dow...w.pdf?update=2

BentKa: Carpet Edition 4 gear to 3 gear laydown conversion parts:
  • Gearbox #323014
  • Motorplate #324012
  • 36T idler gear #324236
  • Brace for waterfall #324031


Socket: Bodies Available:

Xray has two OEM bodies, the .75mm and the .50mm light weight:
light weight: https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-xb...329701/p492942

OEM .75mm: https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-0....329700/p477762

Also, I've fitted the yz2 body, both the light and regular fit fine, just make your own cut lines:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...z2-101/p417674


[i] J Concepts S2 Body [i]


Penguin Racing makes a high grip body that fits the DE and CE:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Ray-Xb2-Hi...oAAOSw1S9WewHV



Socket: Wheel fitment:

According to some, you'll require different offset rear hexes to use B5M wheels. According to my Hudy setup board, B5M wheels are the same offset. I measured the overall width of the car with XB2 wheels, and then again with B5M wheels, same measurement.

On the front, B5M wheels were 1.5mm wider. Xray offers hexes to reduce width -.75 on each side, or you could spend 3-5 minutes and sand your OEM hexes down .75mm.

edit by dgrobe2112
here are the hubs for losi and AE

for AE Front 365354 -0.75
for Losi rear 365358 +3.00 (4 stripe)
for AE rear 365359 +3.75 (5 stripe)



Socket: Flex and the XB2:

Flex screws are as follows:

Plastic bulkhead between motor and waterfall. Can remove screw in chassis, or remove bulkhead altogether.

Waterfall has 4 screws, can remove the inner two or outer two. IIRC, removing the inner two provides more flex, and thus more bite.

Removing the battery brace. This gives a tremendous amount of flex on the middle of the car, and can sometimes be inconsistent. I do this for outdoor racing on low bite. I like the feel over the 4 gear in 17.5 racing, since the 4 gear will take some snap away off the corner.

Rear C block - has inner and outer screws. I haven't played with this, as it's a crucial pivot point of the car.

Medium arms and towers -> I don't believe the carpet car has the rear medium tower available, however the DE DOES have an optional hard part. I think the hard parts are more consistent, especially when it gets hot (90+ degrees F). However, the medium parts do NOT break unless you're severely talented. They also don't wear out.



Socket: Avid/Schelle Slipper mod:

Credit to WillS, Matt Trimmings, and myself for figuring this out months ago.

Parts you'll need:

B5M V2 3gear compatible top shaft.
TKO Special 5x13x5 bear OR 5x13x6 bearing Either can work. This replaces the spur side bearing on the top shaft.
5mm shims, same shims used in 1/8th scale clutch bells. Look for protek .1mm and .2mm kit.
Avid or Schelle b5m top shaft kit, with spur gears of your choosing. (DE can't handle a 69, the CE can)

Shimming: You'll need to install the bearing in the front portion of the removable piece for the shaft. Make sure the bearing is pushed all the way in. With the TKO bearing, you'll need to shim approximately 1.4mm on the front side of the top shaft. Roughly .3-.5mm with the other bearing. This is a "feel" and tolerance setting. I urge you to watch videos about setting clutch bell play in 1/8th scale to get an idea of what yield you want for end play. Too tight, it'll eat bearings.

Outside of trans case: Use Avid/Schelle top shaft spacer plus .2mm shim to offset slipper from motor plate perfectly. Install slipper as instructed, and use Avid/Schelle spring and XB2 slipper nut.

- NEW - Schelle now sells Xb2 Topshafts. They include a spacer, so no need for shims in gearbox, and comes with the smaller bearing. Both methods work.

Socket: Yokomo Differential or MIP pucks:

Credit to: WillS for figuring out pucks, and as well fitting the Losi 22 diff with the same mods.

Parts needed: Yokomo Bmax2 or YZ2 complete diff OR Mip PUCKS outdrives
Xb2 diff gear
Bmax2 V3 Worlds rear dog bones, or Bmax 2 pucks dog bones
You'll use XB2 axles, and will require no other mods for the axles or dog bones.
You'll need .2mm outdrive/diff shims. Shim approximately .5mm on each side of the diff, behind the bearings. The top portion of the transmission is what "sets" the diff in place, not the bottom half. A little play back and forth is fine, the stock diff has some play from the factory.

dgrobe2112: CE to DE conversion:
along with the parts needed.. you MUST have these following hardware, or it wont work

https://www.teamxray.com/xb2/2016/do...conversion.pdf

(3) XRAY 902340 M3x40 button head screws. these are the screws that mount the motor mount to the tranny
(4) XRAY 903322 M3x22 counter sunk screws. these are for the rear diff case, to mount to the chassis. i think i used some M3x18 and they worked ok.

Socket: Best method for setting up the XB2 ball diff:

The XB2 diff is stellar when setup correctly. The spring is too short and soft, allowing the diff to slip. You'll need to glue the rings to the outdrives with just a drop of CA, then add a 1mm shim between the spring and the outdrive. This preloads the spring and stops the diff from slipping so easily.

OR, you can run the AE diff spring, which is both slightly longer, and stiffer. The overwhelming issue is the stock spring allows the nut to bottom out on the outdrive before the diff is tight enough.

This shim:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-al...a303122/p12070

This diff spring (don't need a shim, then.)

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...thrust_spring/

Functional Aftermarket parts: (Not just bling!)

Servo Horn: (The B5M sized horns are too short to get full throw)
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...800-bk/p273496


Socket: Exotek has a full suite of parts, some bling, some not. Here's a list (all fit DE and CE, unless otherwise noted):

Titanium front axles: http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-titanium-front-axles-2/

Rear Hanger, HD (Adds 4 grams): http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-rear...75-heavy-duty/

Brass C block, 18 grams added: http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-rear...-brass-weight/

Alloy front camber mount: http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-fron...er-mount-7075/

Carbon Fiber Chassis: http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-carb...m-plate-2-5mm/

Alloy rear hubs:http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-allo...ub-set-2-7075/

Alloy servo mounts, allow for use of LP servo:http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-xb4-...-alloy-1-pair/

Titanium shock mounts: http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-xb4-...shock-posts-2/

Slipper Eliminator: http://www.exotekracing.com/xb2-direct-spur-mount/
Xray eliminator is #324100

dgrobe2112: 2016-2017 new 3 gear laydown
Gearbox #323014
Motor plate #324012
36T idler gear #324236
Brace for waterfall #324031

dgrobe2112: Xray Spring Rate Conversion:
front C WHT
368174 2 str 0.65-0.85 3.71-4.85

358184 2 dot 0.65 3.71
368185 3 dot 0.72 4.11
368186 4 dot 0.80 4.57


Rear
368273 2 str 0.35-0.45 2.00-2.57

368284 1 Dot 0.35 2.00
368285 2 Dot 0.40 2.28
368286 3 Dot 0.45 2.57
368287 4 Dot 0.50 2.86

Print Wikipost

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #3841
Tech Regular
 
kiwiazbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Will there be a 2017 Dirt update too?
kiwiazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #3842
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiazbro View Post
Will there be a 2017 Dirt update too?
Yes later this year.

Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:50 PM   #3843
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
We are having great success with the 3 gear CE even in slippery wet conditions running ball diff, hard and graphite composites in the front and medium in the rear.

Xray carbon chassis also adds quite a bit of traction on low to medium.

Can be a bit nervous to drive if grip is too high though.

Bent
yeah, i won't need the graphite chassis.

the hard composites are a grahite blend correct?

im going to try running hard in front and medium in the rear like you said.

would you recommend hard arms in the front too?

also would you recommend using medium or hard side guards for med-high bite clay?

i plan on using the hard lower front kick up plate, with the medium top deck to provide some flex, but still keep things rigid and predictable.

i think if i get my plastics right this time and play around with camber, toe, and roll center...i will be successful with the xray on clay.

i just hope it's enough to compete with the tlr and ae guys, those cars seem easier to hook up on clay, but i loved the way my xb2 drove and steered, those other buggies have rear traction but dont drive as smooth or precise and def dont steer as well...
__________________
| XRAY XB8E 16' | XRAY XB4 16' | XRAY XB2 CE 17' |
| New England | RCE | RCM |
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #3844
JAE
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,752
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

If you're not getting adequate trsction why wouldn't you add more flex? Curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
yeah, i won't need the graphite chassis.

the hard composites are a grahite blend correct?

im going to try running hard in front and medium in the rear like you said.

would you recommend hard arms in the front too?

also would you recommend using medium or hard side guards for med-high bite clay?

i plan on using the hard lower front kick up plate, with the medium top deck to provide some flex, but still keep things rigid and predictable.

i think if i get my plastics right this time and play around with camber, toe, and roll center...i will be successful with the xray on clay.

i just hope it's enough to compete with the tlr and ae guys, those cars seem easier to hook up on clay, but i loved the way my xb2 drove and steered, those other buggies have rear traction but dont drive as smooth or precise and def dont steer as well...
JAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:32 PM   #3845
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAE View Post
If you're not getting adequate trsction why wouldn't you add more flex? Curious
because like i said, i didnt even try to gain traction outside my initial setup.

i was into racing 1/8 so i just sold it.

i think i can get the traction im after without the carbon chassis. i dont like the way carbon chassis drives, im on med-high bite clay in which we typically run slicks, but sometimes if the track is new or if it's dusty we run electrons. so my surface does not call for the carbon chassis.
__________________
| XRAY XB8E 16' | XRAY XB4 16' | XRAY XB2 CE 17' |
| New England | RCE | RCM |
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:05 AM   #3846
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
Bent, will the carpet edition still come with medium and hard plastics? ill be mad if it doesnt, i wouldnt have sold my 16' if so :/
Update; a friend of mine got his production kit today and it actually only comes with hard parts now for carpet use.

So medium arms, uprights etc. will be optional on the '17 XB2 CE.

Ours where obviously pre-production kits with everything included even though they where labeled like the others.

Sorry about that

Bent
__________________
Xray XB4 | Xray XB2 | Xray XT2 | Xray XB8 | Xray XB8E | Xray T4 | Xray X12
Factory Team driver for:
XRAY | ORCA | JConcepts | FX-Engines | Hudy | G-Force | Maxima Fuel | Hiro Seiko
DubiDesign | Maugrafix | YeahRacing | rcMart | IB Prostart
Follow Malin on Facebook for race reports and setup tips
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:46 AM   #3847
Tech Initiate
 
MiG77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Default

Is there any list of parts needed from XB-2 2016DE to XB-2 2017CE? Mainly for what is needed in laydown gearbox, etc to get" XB-2 Dirpet edition" (Dirt edition with laydown gear box)
MiG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:00 AM   #3848
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG77 View Post
Is there any list of parts needed from XB-2 2016DE to XB-2 2017CE? Mainly for what is needed in laydown gearbox, etc to get" XB-2 Dirpet edition" (Dirt edition with laydown gear box)
Here's the conversion list from DE to CE.

To go 3 gear you obviously choose the 3 gear parts instead of the 4 gear parts



Parts needed to go from 4 gear CE to 3 gear CE setup:
Gearbox #323014
Motorplate #324012
36T idler gear #324236
Brace for waterfall #324031

Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:33 AM   #3849
Tech Elite
 
seth556's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,200
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
would you recommend hard arms in the front too?

also would you recommend using medium or hard side guards for med-high bite clay?

i plan on using the hard lower front kick up plate, with the medium top deck to provide some flex, but still keep things rigid and predictable.

i think if i get my plastics right this time and play around with camber, toe, and roll center...i will be successful with the xray on clay.

i just hope it's enough to compete with the tlr and ae guys, those cars seem easier to hook up on clay, but i loved the way my xb2 drove and steered, those other buggies have rear traction but dont drive as smooth or precise and def dont steer as well...
You can definitely run the CE on med->high bite clay. For lower bite tracks I run the rear shocks in on the tower and arms to soften it up. You can also move the hinge pins inward to narrow up the rear which will give you more traction.

I've found other springs work a lot better on clay, something like the AE Gray front and White or Green rear.

I run graphite arms on clay and everything else hard, but that's mostly to make the car more stable since my home track is high bite and bumpy. The hard parts don't have carbon in them, they're just super stiff.

A ball diff will make a big difference on lower bite clay, but I try to run the gear diff as soon as traction will allow. The Xray gear diff is far smoother than a AE or TLR gear diff so you can run it in a lot of conditions that you wouldn't run it in other cars.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:37 AM   #3850
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Update; a friend of mine got his production kit today and it actually only comes with hard parts now for carpet use.

So medium arms, uprights etc. will be optional on the '17 XB2 CE.

Ours where obviously pre-production kits with everything included even though they where labeled like the others.

Sorry about that

Bent
not your mistake, thanks for letting me know at least.

damn what a bummer, i should have kept my 16 -_-

i thought that was a great idea by xray to include both because the CE edition was so versatile with the included plastics. plus for the price of the kit it made sense. unless they reduced the price of the kit for this release...wouldn't make much sense for xray to include less value in the newer release when all other companies are including more and more value.

i just added up the cost of the parts. so for the user they're removing over $100 in value when buying the parts individually, I hope to see some of that come out of the price. if not that's just stupid.
__________________
| XRAY XB8E 16' | XRAY XB4 16' | XRAY XB2 CE 17' |
| New England | RCE | RCM |
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:55 AM   #3851
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
not your mistake, thanks for letting me know at least.

damn what a bummer, i should have kept my 16 -_-

i thought that was a great idea by xray to include both because the CE edition was so versatile with the included plastics. plus for the price of the kit it made sense. unless they reduced the price of the kit for this release...wouldn't make much sense for xray to include less value in the newer release when all other companies are including more and more value.

i just added up the cost of the parts. so for the user they're removing over $100 in value when buying the parts individually, I hope to see some of that come out of the price. if not that's just stupid.
Price has stayed the same over here at least.

They have basically decided to include the parts we usually run on carpet and astro so you could say that with the new 3 gear gearbox and more carpet specific parts it's become a "true Carpet Edition".

We usually only run Medium parts in the rear (arms, uprights and camber link mount) when traction is reduced due to moisture or temperature.

So it's not like you buy all the medium parts as option to run on different traction levels

But yeah I agree the first version with both set of parts was great value

Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:06 AM   #3852
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Price has stayed the same over here at least.

They have basically decided to include the parts we usually run on carpet and astro so you could say that with the new 3 gear gearbox and more carpet specific parts it's become a "true Carpet Edition".

We usually only run Medium parts in the rear (arms, uprights and camber link mount) when traction is reduced due to moisture or temperature.

So it's not like you buy all the medium parts as option to run on different traction levels

But yeah I agree the first version with both set of parts was great value

Bent
that doesnt hold any water though, because no one runs the dirt edition on med-high bite clay. everyone runs the CE edition and uses medium plastics and ball diff. the CE car is the one size fits most option, but now xray just killed that and now instead of a $369 kit we have a $460 2wd kit.

no one really only runs on loose dirt or carpet. i definitely run on carpet myself, but i also run on indoor clay 50/50. most of us here on the forums and in the states run on indoor clay, so now we're all stuck with buying a car designed for one end of the spectrum and we have to buy more parts to an already expensive kit to make it suitable for the surface most of us run on.

I added up the medium parts i will use and it's still $76...that's a good amount of money...

that's a pretty poor decision for xray to reduce value in the newer kit when you look at AE and TLR and others doing nothing but packing more value into every box.

i don't mind paying more but don't remove value from a kit, EVER. that's just bad business. either that or they made a bad decision by putting it in the kit in the first place if they couldn't make a high enough margin. i think it was smart of them to include the medium plastics and allow people to have a very versatile car.

and this isn't an attack on you, im merely just expressing it, so don't take it that way please.
__________________
| XRAY XB8E 16' | XRAY XB4 16' | XRAY XB2 CE 17' |
| New England | RCE | RCM |

Last edited by lyons238; 10-14-2016 at 06:26 AM.
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:12 AM   #3853
Tech Master
 
BentKa's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
that doesnt hold any water though, because no one runs the dirt edition on med-high bite clay. everyone runs the CE edition and uses medium plastics and ball diff. the CE car is the one size fits most option, but now xray just killed that and now instead of a $369 kit we have a $460 2wd kit.

no one really only runs on loose dirt or carpet. i definitely run on carpet myself, but i also run on indoor clay 50/50. most of us here on the forums and in the states run on indoor clay, so now we're all stuck with buying a car designed for one end of the spectrum and we have to buy more parts to an already expensive kit to make it suitable for the surface most of us run on.

I added up the medium parts i will use and it's still $76...that's a good amount of money...

that's a pretty poor decision for xray to reduce value in the newer kit when you look at AE and TLR and others doing nothing but packing more value into every box.

i don't mind paying more but don't remove value from a kit, EVER. that's just bad business. either that or they made a bad decision by putting it in the kit in the first place if they couldn't make a high enough margin. i think it was smart of them to include the medium plastics and allow people to have a very versatile car.

and this isn't an attack on you, im merely just expressing it, so don't take it that way please.
What can I say except for the CE being perfect for European carpet and astro tracks. You hardly have to buy anything to be competitive at the very top.

Kit comes almost perfectly setup for carpet and Astro racing......which is huuuge in Europe.

You mention AE and they are running B6D with laydown transmissions on clay......hardly a stock kit at all.

Bent
BentKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #3854
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
What can I say except for the CE being perfect for European carpet and astro tracks. You hardly have to buy anything to be competitive at the very top.

Kit comes almost perfectly setup for carpet and Astro racing......which is huuuge in Europe.

You mention AE and they are running B6D with laydown transmissions on clay......hardly a stock kit at all.

Bent
Yeah but the point is if the kit isn't going to come with the parts to make it more versatile then it should be less expensive. Especially when Xray already included those parts in the kit so we know it's possible.

Just doesn't make much sense to me to reduce value, especially when they're just really tapping into the huge US market in a big way.

I'll still probably buy the kit but just sort of disappointing to see that happen. Kinda seems like a small F U. Xray and Hudy seem to have a number of examples where they try to trap you into either buying more of their products. This is a perfect example of that. We know the xb2 was successful with the included parts. Now we'll pay the same price plus have to pay extra for those parts.

Last edited by lyons238; 10-14-2016 at 09:17 AM.
lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #3855
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

@lyons238 - The Xray is a great kit as you know, the new 2017 is a shift from 2016's "all in one" offering, lets call the original XB2 a market introduction. They packed it with extras and hard/medium plastics and even a ball diff to go with a gear diff - who else has ever done that? Now they're back to a more traditional business model, like everyone else, making kits for specific surfaces. That's hardly an FU. The 2017 is probably at a price now where the 2016 should have been all along. All of the manufacturers are trying to pack value into their kits and yet they all know we want more and they have lots to offer us on top of the kit purchase. The B6D 'needs' $30 for the lay down, and another $20 or so for the brass C block, a relatively modest amount and yes a good deal, no, not as cheap as the $76 like your Xray example, but man, don't bring TLR to the argument, you need to drop $180 for their lay down and another $80 for the dirt transmission, on top of the kit price! That makes the Xray a deal all of a sudden, lol! Even Yokomo have an $80 rear off set hub and universal kit you need to tune it to high grip that's a "must have". The industry is just going this way.
__________________
Daragh Slowey
22-4 2.0/R10/Scorpion5.5/S6040/Nosram shorty
B5R/R10/LRP8.5/1258TGBlk/Nosram shorty
EB48SL/RX8/TekinT8i/Hitec7599/SMC4500(4S)
Grasshopper/Tekin FX/Twister 27T/FutabaS9551/Speed power
HeavyD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net