Disadvantaged Using A Losi Buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disadvantaged Using A Losi Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Disadvantaged Using A Losi Buggy?

I was wondering if I would be at any disadvantage using the BK2 versus the FTB4? I have always enjoyed Losi product more than Associated and I am looking at getting back into mod buggy racing. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It's all user preferance. There's no disadvantage to either car. It's based on what the driver thinks. Based on what I've "HEARD"....the losi's tend to be a little snappier(quicker) but more fragile....the AE's tend to be a little slower in reaction ability but stronger. Again, that's only what I've HEARD, not fact.

Until AE wow's me....I'm down with losi. Mainly for their quick feel....granted, mine doesn't break...ever, but it just feels super quick. So....it's your decision man. The best way to decide is to choose the most popular one at your track cuz that one will have the most support.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The first thing I would ask is a question of yourself. What does your local shop carry? Do they have parts for one or for both? If they stock parts for both cars, what do they guys at the track drive? Or is it a good split?

Personally, I'm a losi guy. All of my electrics for offroad are Losi. I don't see myself at a disadvantage for using them in the least.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
The first thing I would ask is a question of yourself. What does your local shop carry? Do they have parts for one or for both? If they stock parts for both cars, what do they guys at the track drive? Or is it a good split?

Personally, I'm a losi guy. All of my electrics for offroad are Losi. I don't see myself at a disadvantage for using them in the least.

I am of the same opinion as both of you. There is a good split and equal parts support for AE and Losi at the track. I have always liked Losi stuff. The first AE that I ever bought was a T3 and I have been into this since the RC10 was king. My first Losi was a JRXS, and I loved it. I am going to get the Losi unless someone can prove it slower, which I doubt. I have just been looking at the instructions to both cars and I would rather build and wrench on the Losi. I wish it did not have e-clips though.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A little bit of silicone or shoe goo and even the eclips aren't really a problem.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:51 PM

Losi all the way. I have ran both. So, i have a Bias, as i run Losi now, i think the Losi is more gorgiving, lots of steering, while the Associated is a point and shoot. It will go EXACTLY where u point it. In other words, EXACTLY where u point it.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I can't seem to get my Bk2 to carry speed through the corner. It just seems to dump momentum mid-turn. I'm waiting for my 2nd B4 right now. If I could get the B4's rear end planted like the Bk2, I'd be a happy camper.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

The losi car has always been more stable than the B4 for me. IF I ran on rougher outdoor tracks it would be a no-brainer. I'm still trying to figure out how the b4 did so well at the worlds. In my experience with the car the B4 likes smooth and high grip and the Bk2 likes rough and loose. What do I know?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I think I'll get the BK2 this week. Is there anything I need for it right away? Or is there any tips to building perfect?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Lord

That is another big difference betweem the Bk2 and B4 is that the Bk2 does not come out of the box configured the way you will most likely run it. It needs longer rear upper links (turnbuckles-the stock position is not commonly used), dog bones (nobody runs the CVD's) and different springs. These things add up to about $45.
The B4 comes out of the box with exactly what is needed to run it just about everywhere.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the B4 guys have a good outdoor setup now. I know for indoor racing on sticky midwest clay the B4 is at a huge advantage on certain tracks. The local die-hard Losi guys all switched here although they did spend a year trying to get the BK2 to keep up.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by windellmc
I think the B4 guys have a good outdoor setup now. I know for indoor racing on sticky midwest clay the B4 is at a huge advantage on certain tracks. The local die-hard Losi guys all switched here although they did spend a year trying to get the BK2 to keep up.
That's interesting. The track I'll be running on is indoor clay that is rock hard until watered.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davidka
That is another big difference betweem the Bk2 and B4 is that the Bk2 does not come out of the box configured the way you will most likely run it. It needs longer rear upper links (turnbuckles-the stock position is not commonly used), dog bones (nobody runs the CVD's) and different springs. These things add up to about $45.
The B4 comes out of the box with exactly what is needed to run it just about everywhere.
The turnbuckles are no big deal, but dare I ask about the dogbones? The springs are a given for me I always end up with every spring made for a car.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:29 PM

most ppl use the dogbones.... i dont. I run CVD's...

matter of preferance, i guess?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by losirunner
most ppl use the dogbones.... i dont. I run CVD's...

matter of preferance, i guess?
What is the difference is there some kind of torque effect as the suspension loads and unloads? Would'nt grease or pin bearings fix any of these problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.