Community
Wiki Posts
Search

motor "chattering" problem , help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hmm is the SMC a 4 pole motor? I didn't think the early vxl esc's would run a 4 pole. That's why they came out with the newer ones with caps.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
The motor is sensored, and therefore it probably won't work properly with a sensoreless speed control. Everyone keeps saying things about the speed control Yes, it will operate a sensored or sensorless speed control but it doesn't say anything about a sensored motor working with it. All of his issues he's described are classic sensor issues. More than likely the motor that he got won't work without having the sensor wire hooked up properly, which is impossible on a sensorless speed control. Just because the speed control will work with any sensored or sensorless motor doesn't mean the motor will work with any sensor or sensorless speed control.
Being sensored or not doesn't matter to a sensorless esc. The only time the sensors are active is when there is a sensor wire attached. Otherwise there is no way the sensors can affect anything.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Being sensored or not doesn't matter to a sensorless esc. The only time the sensors are active is when there is a sensor wire attached. Otherwise there is no way the sensors can affect anything.
Yes, but the MOTOR may not operate properly without an ESC hooked up to it's sensor. I Know ALL of the motors that I have (RevTech, Orion, Reedy, Viper) will NOT work unless the sensor board ON THE MOTOR is hooked up to the ESC. Everybody keeps missing the point and keeps going back to the ESC. I'm sure his ESC is FINE, but the motor that the guy sold him probably doesn't work unless it's hooked up to the sensor on the ESC.